• Tweets

• Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
    • 2. Is correct disregard 1. You must attend ad per the order 
    • Confirmed with Central Contact Centre that the hearing is 24th, disappointed I can't speak directly with the local county court I have to email the local court apparently is the only way. The agent couldn't explain the discrepancy between the two letters, she sounded very confused. If they were identical letters in wording but only dates were different I would feel ok, slightly worried the wording differs...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

If you are Planning to go to County Court read this urgently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Contract

Give details of the contract – date, parties and what the contract was for. If any of the parties concluded the agreement through a servant or agent, say so and identify the servant or agent. Set out what the bargain or the agreement was, including the promise and the consideration for the agreement.

Sometimes, in contract claims, the contract is to be inferred from a previous course of dealing between the parties. If so, it will be necessary to set out details of that previous course of dealing.

• By an oral agreement dated on or about [date] between [the claimant and the defendant], [give details of:

· The name and/or identifying details of the individual who spoke the contracting words;

· As far as possible, the contracting words used;

· where/how the agreement was reached and in what circumstances]

it was agreed between the parties that [brief details of the agreement and any documents which evidence it]; or

• By an agreement in writing dated [date] between [parties] it was agreed between the parties that [brief details of the agreement].

The Contract Terms

Identify any terms of the contract which are relevant to the issues at stake and on which the claimant intends to rely. These may be express or implied. Refer to any representations relied on

• There were express terms of the contract that:
    [list/itemise the express terms]

• It was an implied term of the contract that
    [list/itemise the implied terms – state the basis upon which it is implied (e.g. statute or custom and usage and/or to give business efficacy to the agreement)]

The Defendant’s knowledge

This may be important if the claimant is relying on any facts known to the defendant which justify the claimant’s claim for damages.

• At all material times the defendant knew, as was the case, that:
    [list/itemise the knowledge alleged]

Performance

If under the agreement, the Defendant’s obligations only arise when the Claimant has performed his obligations, these should be pleaded here.

Breach of contract

Breaches of contract must be expressly pleaded and particularised including when the breach occurred

• In breach of the said agreement [or the said express / implied term of the said agreement], the defendant:

(a)

(b)

A breach may consist of an omission, or an act or it may be a representation that was not true. If the allegation is that the breach by the Defendant was so serious that it entitled the Claimant, if he accepted it, to bring the contract to an end, that should be stated in respect of the Defendant’s breach by using such words as

• In repudiatory and/or anticipatory breach of the said agreement [or express and/or implied term], the defendant:

(a)

(b)

If the Claimant accepted the repudiation and thereby brought the contract to an end, that should likewise be pleaded.

Fraud must be specifically pleaded. If you are a solicitor pleading on behalf of your client, make sure that you have specific instructions to plead fraud, and that the allegation of fraud is plausible. Fraud may be alleged as follows:

• The said representation was made fraudulently in that the defendant knew it was not true, alternatively did not believe it to be true, alternatively was reckless, not caring whether it was true or false.

Causation, Loss and Damage

It is necessary to plead that the breach caused the loss and damage. Take some care to explain why this is so. Set out the loss which the Claimant has incurred as a result of the breach. Bear in mind that in contract cases damages are normally awarded on the basis that the Court should endeavour to put the parties in the position as if the contract had been performed. This will probably include economic loss, i.e. loss of profit. Itemise a list and calculate the sum claimed.

By reason of the said breaches of contract, the Claimant has suffered loss and damage.

:)

Jeepera, I haven't even got thought the first post yet and Wow, I ask for advice and here it is, lots of info for education:grin:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to help us.:grin: I know that you are truely in great demand:grin: and I now know why:grin:

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Lol

You really think Mr Angry and his Pal-Arse team are gonna beat the mighty saints , hmm,:p

Pffft, it's a given! :lol:

You have a great young boy down there though, Tony Garrod. He was in my boys team and has signed schoolboy papers.

Keep a look out for him.

Jogs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/171037-multiple-agreements-falling-within.html

This thread may also help as if the PPI on which you are complaining is not integrated into the contract( providing its a regulated agreement) correctly, you may be bale to have the whole agreement rendered unenforceable

I think that you need to set out your complaint clearly and the authority that supports this view, that way the DJ is not left to use his discretion and come to some half baked conclusion

The problem with "misselling" is that its not a term which judges will be au fait with, now talk about a total failure of consideration and the judge will know what that is and will understand it and its consequences upon the contract

Thanks for this point of law PT; I'll use this in POC if and when I need to. I understand what Bridle and UK are saying but I still feel that responses like these from DJs are less likely to happen than favourable ones to Claimant's well presented and argued claims. It will most certainly NOT put me off going to court. :)

Hello AA,

I do hope you have managed to get your blood pressure down:D

I absolutely support your rant 100%, as I know how hard you have worked on this forum to help, support and guide others who are going through the process of reclaiming back their money taken by deceit. And many cases of this deceit were by companies they trusted:mad:

You also know how passionate I feel about helping others, empowering them to reclaim what should never have been taken in the first place. Just look at the successes there have been:grin: Some even via the court.:-D

What we need is a whole re-vamp of the ppi forum, guidence for water-tight pocs for issueing legal proceedings, legal arguements that will stand up in court, guidence regarding witness statements and court bundles. We really need some help over here from a legally minded expert who can advise, guide and support us.

You, me and Painty do our best to keep the forum going and stay positive, and as you know, its hard, to keep ones spirit up, let alone everyone elses, as it can be draining at times. But what do you do, we can't let them away with this.

This post will probably be cabbotted because I am prepared to say, that these financial institutes have conned and robbed their own lives blood, yes their customers for years and when you the average Joe Bloggs, tries to right the severe wrong doing, you get the denial, untruths and then you eventually you get the courage to issue proceeding, meet the judge and he wrongfully rules in their favour. :confused: This really wants to make me swear:mad:

At least now in the future these financial institutions will not be able to apply these up front single premiums to loans, so that is a positive move for consumers applying for loans in the future:grin:

Therefore, what do we do, we must soldier on regardless:D

Well said HH and well said aa too ... 8)

here's an interesting old news story from the Times which may be a useful in claims?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-charges-finance-industry/163099-l-fined-record-7m.html

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Read with interest the Judges hear say and bandwagon comments.

Hope this bodes well if I get to court with Ge over the wifes storecard.

I have a signed credit agreement your honour clearly indiocating that protection is not required.

My learned friend has some hearsay re an alleged telephone call that nobody has a record of.

Heavemn knows I might even start favourite.

Pt2537,

I am not copying all your excellent posts suffice to say your legal knowledge will be of great assistance to those choosing the Court route to reclaim. I have been busy with the FOS route and trying to assist with letters and advice but PPI has needed a big Legal shot in the arm. Thank you.;)

hhnf and Paintball are to be well commended for their stalwart work on PPI always fast to jump in for the first poster to get them started.

I will try and copy your posts to word doc and research to get a better grip of the contract legalities.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Further to my earlier posts on this thread I have received my cca request & something has now come to my attention that, hopefully, changes my position regarding reclaiming PPI. alanalana has been kind enough to scannie over the docs Ive post tonight but I could do with a second opinion from the 'legal eagles on this wonderful site before I go in guns blazing.

Thread is GE woodchester ppi

Thanks muchly

Beachy

Beachy I would bang the last post in your own thread or start a new one in this one which may help you out more.

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

This may also be useful if you proceed to Court action...

Documents in Court - Civil Evidence Act 1995

Any questions just post and I will answer if I can;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

The Barrister asked for around £2500 in costs, but the judge said no to that. It is your word against theirs, that the correct paperwork was sent out, and that the insurance terms and conditions did say that existing medical conditions would not be covered. Everything else would be covered, so the insurance was not mis sold.

You need absolute proof of mis selling in these cases. Just your word against theirs with no evidence can leave you with costs, even in a small claims court. My collegues claim was for £3100 and we came close to paying costs of £2500. Please make sure you know the risks before you go into court, this Barrister made £1000 for 2 hours in court.

I thought the defendants could not claim for costs if the total amount claimed was under £5000?

interesting

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

I have the final hearing on 27th Jan 09. I didn't realise I could be liable for the other sides costs. It's contrary to advice I was given previously.

Not in all cases can costs be awarded against you, but whoever told you that costs CANNOT categorically be awarded against you is wrong

see here PART 27 - THE SMALL CLAIMS TRACK

Being unreasonable or acting unreasonably appears to be the deciding issue here.

(How claiming redress for mis-sold insurance could be classed as unreasonable defeats me.)

Lets face it, in any other walk of life the process of the mis-selling seen in the PPI shenaghans could be construed as fr**d.

Of course, in this context it isnt, its simply mis-selling, in the same way that Hilary Clinton wasnt lying about landing at Baghdad airport whilst it was under fire, she merely "mis-spoke".

Being unreasonable or acting unreasonably appears to be the deciding issue here.

(How claiming redress for mis-sold insurance could be classed as unreasonable defeats me.)

Lets face it, in any other walk of life the process of the mis-selling seen in the PPI shenaghans could be construed as fr**d.

Of course, in this context it isnt, its simply mis-selling, in the same way that Hilary Clinton wasnt lying about landing at Baghdad airport whilst it was under fire, she merely "mis-spoke".

Quite sad in my case the FOS have advised me to settle on agreed repayment of PPI. Money in bank on 22 Dec without communication and only two of three PPI loans have been settled but not to my satisfaction and not to what the FOS stated I should receive. Complaint Number 4 to be submitted soon. My case seems to be "Mis-Agreed":eek:

Bummer even though I have money in bank:grin:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Seeing as there is a few Mods looking at this thread, perhaps I can be cheeky and ask a question pertaining to my case.

The Defendants have sent their Court Bundle to me including a witness statement. The Witness Statement however had pages missing. I asked the Defendants to send a full copy which they did not do. It is now a month past the last day to send documents. Can I write to the Court asking for this evidence to be thrown out as I have not had site of it?

Where do I stand with this?

• 4 years later...