Doing 94.65 for 1.337miles PLEASE HELP COURT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

On friday I received a letter saying that i have to go to the court on the 15.01.09 for an speeding offence that i made on 11th october 2008.

The charge is that i was doing 94.65 for 1.337 miles so i was doing more than 70mph.

First thing is that as I am not from this country but i ve been living here for 9 years (driving only 1 though) and never thought that driving at that speed on an empty Motorway on Sunday afternoon with perfect visibility, the police will treat you the same as you murdered someone or you are a drug dealer.

Anyway, as I told you I was doing 94.65mph for 1.337 miles. I know i can get a good solicitor and fight back on technical things but i cant afford it.

To clear something.

I DO NOT believe that my average speed was 95mph for 1.337miles. But i admit that i was dring between 80 and 90. Also this was my first time I ve ever been involved in speeding.

Now i want to ask a few questions and your help will be appreciated.

Why I haven t received a fixed penalty notice and 3 points on my licence?

when i asked the officer he said that this would be the case.

I want to plead guilty cause I know that i was exceeding the 70 limit but is there any template for explaining things such as " it was my first time--I wont be doing it again" in order for them to give me the minimum punishment??

Thanks in advance

Alex

Hello

On friday I received a letter saying that i have to go to the court on the 15.01.09 for an speeding offence that i made on 11th october 2008.

The charge is that i was doing 94.65 for 1.337 miles so i was doing more than 70mph.

First thing is that as I am not from this country but i ve been living here for 9 years (driving only 1 though) and never thought that driving at that speed on an empty Motorway on Sunday afternoon with perfect visibility, the police will treat you the same as you murdered someone or you are a drug dealer.

Note quite, if you had murdered someone or had Class A drugs you would have been arrested. It does not matter how long you have been driving or how long you have been in the UK. It is also irrelevent that it was a clear motorway.

Anyway, as I told you I was doing 94.65mph for 1.337 miles. I know i can get a good solicitor and fight back on technical things but i cant afford it.

I can't afford fines either so I keep to the speed limit. Have you ever seen a RTA? - lots of innocent peole get killed through excessive speed, that's why we have speed limits. If they have the evidence, then you will be wasting you time going to court. Have you requested to see the evidence that they have?

To clear something.

I DO NOT believe that my average speed was 95mph for 1.337miles. But i admit that i was dring between 80 and 90. Also this was my first time I ve ever been involved in speeding.

This is excessive speed, you may get a bigger fine/more points if they prove you were doing over 90. It does not matter that this is your first offence.

Because you were doing over 90, they chose to deal with this in court

I want to plead guilty cause I know that i was exceeding the 70 limit but is there any template for explaining things such as " it was my first time--I wont be doing it again" in order for them to give me the minimum punishment??

No, it is not a mitigating circumstance (e.g. emergency)

Thanks in advance

Alex

Note quite, if you had murdered someone or had Class A drugs you would have been arrested. It does not matter how long you have been driving or how long you have been in the UK. It is also irrelevent that it was a clear motorway.

That would be the only difference if I was dealing with drugs.But they are not hard enough to arrest them.

Using some common sense it is not the same if you r doing 95mph in an empty motorway or doing 95 when the traffic is heavy.

I can't afford fines either so I keep to the speed limit. Have you ever seen a RTA? - lots of innocent peole get killed through excessive speed, that's why we have speed limits. If they have the evidence, then you will be wasting you time going to court. Have you requested to see the evidence that they have?

No i have not ask them cause i am not from here and my english are not in the level that i would be able to fight some smart arses in the court.

To clear something.

This is excessive speed, you may get a bigger fine/more points if they prove you were doing over 90. It does not matter that this is your first offence.

again using some common sense there is a difference when you are doin something for your first time cause otherwise with the first time you d be disqualified for ever.

Because you were doing over 90, they chose to deal with this in court

No, it is not a mitigating circumstance (e.g. emergency)

ps

i asked for some help in order for the punishment to be minimum and not to discuss if i was right speeding or argue that iam not guilty.

I just asked if there is any template in order to explain my situation and that I wont be doing it again and i had ben offered a fixed penalty notice i would have accepted.

thanks again anyway

i asked for some help in order for the punishment to be minimum and not to discuss if i was right speeding or argue that i am not guilty.

well thats why you have to go to court, you will be given the chance there & your [non] past offences will be TIC.

as for the FPN's typically they are not be issued for +20MPH over a limit. data would have be latterly checked and your speed confirmed as correct.

i don't believe this is the first time you have done this, just the first time your have been clocked, speeding is a habit of scant disregard for others in this world.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well thats why you have to go to court, you will be given the chance there & your [non] past offences will be TIC.

Well, that is why i am asking for some help from the forum. Because i am given the chance i want someone to help me and tell me what s the best approach i should take. Should i explain or say "yes you are right, I was speeding so give me the maximum you can!

Thanks again

It cannot have been an empty motorway if you were being followed by the traffic car which was clocking your speed!

What everybody is saying is that there is no 'get out of jail free card', because if there was, everybody would be playing it.

You cannot say you were not speeding, unless you could show the equipment used to clock you was faulty or incorrectly used.

You will have a chance in court for mitigating the circumstances, the police wont be interested now.

Explain that it was a clear road, good weather, visibility, first offence etc.

They are more likely to be easy on you if you admit it and show remorse.

Edited by Startkey&Clutch
  • Haha 1

It matters not what you say in court. If there was no good reason for doing this speed, ie a real emergency, you will get the maximum sentence that the court see's fit.

If there are any genuine mitigating circumstances then only you can relay them to the court and hope for the best.

I have just finished reading the details of an accident on my local bypass in which 2 elderly people were killed. The driver at fault is reported to have said to a friend that he thought the road was quiet at that time of the day.

He is now in custody charged with suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

I bet he wishes he was stopped for speeding before the accident.