PPI refund even though I may not have even had a policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is odd.

After reading things on here I thought I'd have a go at reclaiming.

I've had lots of loans in the past so I sent off a PPI claim to a past provider about a couple of weeks ago.

I enclosed my mobile number and I had a call an hour ago and it was the provider who says they can't find any paperwork other than the account number I gave them which is on their computer and that it is marked settled as I paid it off in 2005.

The lady said would I accept £600 as final offer so i said yes as its what I claimed and shes putting it in a letter for me to sign and then I get a cheque.

But I'm now certain I didn't even have PPI, what should I do?:confused:

and should i name them?

hello GOS and MC,

Sounds very suspicious. Why would they offer £600 if you never had PPI?

How can you be sure they didn't add some PPI into the loan without you knowing? You might be owed a lot more than £600.

I agree with Militantconsumer be very suspicious of an offer like this. They could owe you a lot more than what they are offering.

Go through the procedures of CCA request SAR get all the information for the cost of CCA £1.00 and SAR £10.00. do not accept until you have all of the relevant information from them. They could be selling you short on mis-sold PPI.

Their offer could save them loads of money if you accept.:rolleyes:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hmmm, she seemed a very young lady but she obviously was told to tell me what she was told to tell by her boss.

Thing is, she said they got no record other than the account number I gave from my old bank statements and she could see that the account was settled as I paid it up but she had no other record.

£600 may be £600 more than what I could get because I just don't think I actually had PPI.

wHAT is the bargaining position because they have no paperwork other than recognising that I did have a loan in the past with them?:confused:

Send the formal request under Data Protection Act. You will probably find that they have much more information than they told you on this occasion. I know it's tempting to take the money and run but you might be entitled to a LOT more - many people didn't think they had PPI but it turns out it was added without their knowledge, and it cost them thousands of pounds.

hello GOS, MilitantConsumer and lilal,

Hmmm, she seemed a very young lady but she obviously was told to tell me what she was told to tell by her boss.

Thing is, she said they got no record other than the account number I gave from my old bank statements and she could see that the account was settled as I paid it up but she had no other record.

£600 may be £600 more than what I could get because I just don't think I actually had PPI.

wHAT is the bargaining position because they have no paperwork other than recognising that I did have a loan in the past with them?:confused:

Send the formal request under Data Protection Act. You will probably find that they have much more information than they told you on this occasion. I know it's tempting to take the money and run but you might be entitled to a LOT more - many people didn't think they had PPI but it turns out it was added without their knowledge, and it cost them thousands of pounds.

The advice I would offer is:

1. Send a formal Data Subject Access Request with a fee of £10.00 as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.

2. Insist that you are provided with all information that refers to you as a data subject in any format that is held on any filing system whether a recorded system system or any other system they use to keep records.

3. Do not accept their view that the filing system must be a part of a formal filing system recognised by the FSA. FOS etc.

4. Make life as difficult for them as they have made life difficult for you.

5. Ask yourself these questions:

a. Did my bank respect me as a customer?

b. Were my bank fully conversant with my needs as a customer?

c. Did my bank deal with me in a respectful manner after I started my claim?

d. Was I dealt with in a fair manner by my bank after I requested a refund of PPI?

e. Were my bank prepared to pay back any due monies after the FOS adjudicator ruled in my favour?

f. Is my bank prepared to go to Court to try and retain PPI that they added to my Loan (in some cases without any authority or enforceable Credit agreement)

Another rant over

aa;)

I just have a thing about PPI sorry:D

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.