Holiday entitlement full-time to part-time?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having trouble with the work regarding holidays and finding out what I am entitled to?

I have been there for nearly 2 years, and up until end of August I was full time(40hrs 5days) now started going to college so my hours are down to 14hrs over 3 days.

Our leave year starts in January to December although there is nothing in the contract about this but given the fact we were made to sign off 3 days at the start of the year for the Christmas week, on same contract for those days specified how many that would leave us with, which was 17.

Anyhow I have worked almost 9 months of this year as full time yet I only took 6 days off in that time, now since then been working part time but feel I am being mugged off about what they say I am entitled to saying 6 days at first then saying no it will be done part time etc.... I have phoned CAB and they don't know what the answer is. They were concerned about something whereby if you move from f/t to p/t you lose holiday entitlement built up whilst f/t, which is very concerning.

So any help would be much appreciated. So please help me!:(

I have phoned CAB and they don't know what the answer is. They were concerned about something whereby if you move from f/t to p/t you lose holiday entitlement built up whilst f/t, which is very concerning.

So any help would be much appreciated. So please help me!:(

Shame - you have been told incorrect (on the facts in your OP) there by the CAB

The only time you could lose previoulsy accrued entitlement would be if it were contrcatual and you committed an act of GM or if you cross a holiday year and carry over is not allowed.

You are entitled to all Holiday accrued whilst F/T if you move to P/T BUT could lose this if you cross a holiday year so you need to get them used ASAP if your holiday year runs out 31st Dec

You have told us all the info in your OP APART from what your holiday entitlement was f/t - Thus waht exactly did your F/T contract say your entitlement was?

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

we had 20 days to play with at our own discretion of which 3 were to be kept or assigned to the Christmas week for the days running up to Christmas(we usually work up to boxing day). So having worked up until end of August f/t then going part time what would my entitlement be regarding full days pay(of holiday entitlement)?

The 20 days MUST have been + bank hols or this would have been illegal

Thus assuming you had 28 (inclu BH).

To do this calc properly you need to separate out the 20 from the BH

Thus whilst a 5 day worker you accrued 1.66 per month. Thus in 9 months you would accrue 14.94 (15) days

Then add all the BH's you have already had in this period, assuming you did indeed take these then you have accrued therefore the 15 days

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]