AANother Hardship Case / Removing Overdraft

Tazzman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have just been reading boston3603 hardship case and I am in a similar position with abbey and I am looking for some advice/help please. It has been such a long time since I posted on here, the whole board has grown so much that I'm a bit confused and lost with all the forums, so I hoping some one could help me through it please.

At present my claim is stayed at derby county court for £8212 (as of last year) and I was quite happy to let it sit there until things were resolved with the test case. Today I have received a letter from abbey saying that they are withdrawing my £1200 overdraft as from 1st Jan 2009. Once they do this I will be in deep dodo as I have not got £1200 to repay them.

I am struggling and my financial situation isn't great and it's starting to slide I've got 1 month mortgage arrears and starting to get charges again and I don't want to go down that road again... I have been off work for the last 3 years because I had spinal surgery. I am lucky enought to be getting PHI which is only half monthly salary but it's still around £1000 per month going into my account. I don't see why they are withdrawing it other than to get there money back.

It feels as though I am slowly drowning and I don't know where to go now. Mortgage & other stuff is is starting to slip and when my O/D is taken away I will be left -£1200 down. Only way I can see to resolve this it is for me to put in a hardship case. Do I send this to abbey, the court or the FSA? Please help.

I've started it as a new thread so I don't take over bostons thread.

Thanks

Tazz

Edited by Tazzman
more detail

Contact Abbey explaining your situation and, hopefully, you can come to an agreement to reduce the overdraft over a period of months. In respect of the Hardship aspect write to Abbey who will send you some Income/Expenditure forms to fill in. There are some threads on here for hardship cases, read through them to get an idea of what is required.

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm