HFO Services Limited and Watchdog

Rob M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have been doing battle with the evil HFO for two years, this is not what you want to hear but even if ,as i did, prove there was no debt to collect they still call and threaten, even after reporting them to several organisations and getting two crime numbers from surry police they still plod on, i have taken to winding them up on the phone to a point they are screaming at me , this is not what i would advise anyone else to do, what i would advise however is to firstly follow the advice on this site , it is fantastic, secondly go to

BBC - Watchdog and complain to them with whatever horror story you have about HFO services, i know of 6 people who have already including me,

Please take 5 mins to do this and when their inbox reads nothing but HFO they may do something.

It would be great if these [edited] were publically exposed, if as they claim on the phone they are working within the rules and can do the things they do then i am sure they wont mind a bit of publicity, please please take a few mins to do this and the results should see them exposed then investigated.

If you do complain to watchdog on their website or by letter would you please let me know here, will be interested to see how many emails and letters they get before acting.

Many thanks

Regards

Rob M

Edited by jonni2bad

Ho Rob, there are several ways to deal with this. Shouting at them down the phone is not one of them.

The courts are there to sort these situations out.

For a start, you can ask for a declaration of unenforcabiity under s.142 Consumer Credit Act an order for redress of all money and interest paid above the value of capital repaid and damages for harassment under s14 Data Protection Act.

The courts are there for you.

Use them, thats what they are there for.

Have either of you thought about starting civil legal action against them to get them to stop hassling? You can do it through small claims.

Im aware that Rob has been going up the wall about HFO for a long time. I think its time to let a judge decide, dont you?

Rob- did they supply a CCA? yes/no

Is it enforceable? If you dont know, scan it and post it- after removing you name, addrss, etc

Edited by noomill060

hi noomill060

I don,t shout at them down the phone i just waste their time in a calm and calculated manner, this drives them mad. i must say though i have not gone through the courts for two main reasons, first i am in the forces and my time in this country is very unpredictable and so i cannot commit to any lengthy process, secondly HFO have been taken to court by various other people who have won, sadly though HFO still employ their [edited] and tactics on others.

i thought another way to help deal with them, from my point of veiw due to time restraints and operational commitment, and also for so many people not confident enough to challenge them in court,would be a mass complaint to the media so as to expose this situation and hopefully prompt the authorities into action. the police will not act as it is a civil matter and despite my and many other peoples complaints to the OFT and FSA nothing has been done.

I do not owe them anything , i do not owe who they claim to have bought the debt off anything and have proved it to them, after all this they still phone constantly with threats and abuse, they have picked the wrong guy if they think they can intimidate me, i find them laughable and pathetic, however annoying and obtuse, if all else fails i will in january be visiting their offices in Croydon to demand they either show me the CCA or give my pound back, will be interesting to see who is big enough to shout or threaten face to face.

noomill060. they have never sent any CCA or even attempted to pass anything off as one

Edited by Rob M
answer an earlier post

Keep at them Rob , I have recently reorted HFO to companies house.

The more complaints we get against these [edited] eventually we will get their licence revoked and they can all FO to the caymen islands.

Edited by jonni2bad

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Only speaking the truth.

Keep at them Rob , I have recently reorted HFO to companies house.

The more complaints we get against these [edited] eventually we will get their licence revoked and they can all FO to the caymen islands.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

What you consider the truth and what lawyers consider libel are very similar.

If you want to repeat accusations of that nature, do it away from CAG.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi All

Thankyou Brokenarrow for your support but jonni2bad is right, what we think personally of these people is our opinion ( even if most think it too), we do not want to leave ourselves or this excelent site open to any form of attack.

If you have had any bad experiences with this company could you please log a complaint with watchdog so we can let them confirm what you and i think,

Cheers

Rob

no need to apologies mate, we all know feeling can run high when this subject is involved, i will as you say 'keep at them' but i will also respect the site rules, if it takes me a few years i will get justice, and with the knowledge i did it right and didnt abuse the people or rescourses available to me.then i would have truely won

Whilst I believe that HFO Services should be brought 'to book', unfortunately, the directors would still be able to set up another DCA should the OFT decide to revoke their licence. Mr. Harper and his cronies would set up another company and just draft in some people to become directors. Given that Mr. Harper is allegedly a discharged bankrupt, why is he still allowed to be a director of a company?

Despite people writing to Watchdog and complaining to the relevant authorities, the directors will probably find ways to still make money out of vulnerable people. They will still be able to persuade companies such as Barclays to sell debts to them. Mr. Harper and his fellow directorscannot be stopped because the various sanctions that are meted out are not sufficiently draconian to prevent them from setting up other dcas!

Its only whilst you are actually still in bankruptcy that you can't be a director of a company - I've been going into this because I might become bankrupt.

Gordon Brown wants to try and stop these companies causing even more misery - but of course he won't - because they bring in 'revenue' and 'jobs' to the country.