• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Davey77 vs Capital One *** WON ***

davey77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks jezzy. Nice of you to say.

If you give me a list of names of all your creditors i'll show you the links to the correct forum to post in and how to get started.

Pm me if you need help with that. ;)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:Dhiya Davey

VERY WELL DONE,,,,,

it shows what a bit more of a perserverance habit does for ya,,,lol

hope them chillies are growing okay

glad you have got this one dusted more of the same i hope now

take care going to play catch up not been on since last week

take care laters angel x8)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thanks Gaz and Angel! ;) More of the same to come eh! Determined to achieve my mission of being debt free before the year is out. :)

Yes 49 chilli plants, 28 peppers, coriander seeds, tomato, courgette, spring onions and lettuce doing nicely!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Thanks Davey77

Decided to write it all down here instead of PM - so here is a quick rundown of our situation :

Myself - now on long term sick with chronic health condition (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.))after having to close down both my businesses in Dec 07. Unlikely to return to work . Have 4 children aged 9 -16 yrs. In receipt of IB only + child benefit.

Husband - previously self emplyed upto end Aug 08. With economic climate unable to find more work and therefore unemplyed from Sept - mid Dec 08 during which time all business & personal finances were unpaid as he was in receipt of of JSA only . Now in permanent job rather than self emplyed .

We have had dealings with the CCCS who have guided us and prepared a financlal statement which has been forwarded onto all utilty & financial companies . We have many creditors some of whom have accepted

arrangements with zero interest and charges - good on them , but others are a real worry .

We now find ourselves in a stuation whereby our income has dropped by half and we can no longer pay our outstanding commitments as outgoings exceed income by approx £3000 per month . We are in a no-win situation.

Arrangements have been made with our mortgage providers (x2) and at present these remain priority , however we are still in a huge amount of arrears . At present I cannot see a way forward and would be grateful for any advice .

Here are the main causes of the sleepless nights .

1. Hitachi Capital - trying to gain charging order on property - we have just asked for transfer from Leeds county court to a more local one (cardiff maybe ) .Have also received B136 from Land Registry re: the same. This seemed like it was pre-determined from the outset as Hitachi- would never accept reduced payments (after husband lost his job) and we could not get /had no contact with solicitor acting on their behalf . (wouldnt answer our calls etc ) .The solicitors were Addlestone Keane solicitors .This debt is in fact for business/office equipment but agreement failed to have business name on it - so now it is solely in my husbands name . We have given a financial statement and asked filed an applic`n for suspension of warrant/variation order . Lots more info available as needed .

2. GE.Money / Link Financial - this is an unsecured personal debt (joint) . Many errors made by GE along the way all of which have been noted , in dealing with our situation ( loss of earnings Aug-Dec 09 ) . Debt was sold to LINK back in january . We defended part of the claim as we disagreed with most of the charges added during this time - and now have an N152 to complete as a result . In the meantime LINK have sent two different sets of papers offering a Tomlin order (both with differing amounts - but one more affordable than the other !) - the court have no info about them doing this either . I have catalogued the dealings with link and find them unwilling to help or even understand what we`ve told them . Do I try and pay the Tomlin order somehow or let the court decide ?? The amount of the debt is £4100 with charges by the way (£3400 approx. without ) .If I try and pay then others will have to go without and we`ll proabbaly end up having out gas or electric cut off !!

3.Inland Revenue/Tax credits - have managed to hold them off each time a letter arrives but eventually they will want payment . I have had awful trouble getting them to deal with our self-emplyed earnings correctly and each time I correct them they get it wrong again . as a result we now have an o/pmt of over £3000 dating back to 2002/3 and one of £2000 from current year . None of their calculations make sense and we cannot it seems qualify for anything based on my husbands current wages until april 2010 as they work retrospectively .

The whole thing is making my illness unbearable so some glimmer of hope would be appreciated . I totally agree this is a long post - thanks if you`ve got this far ! Feel free to move it to an appropriate place as necessary .

Cheers .

Hi Jezzy.

Sorry to hear about your illness. I know it seems like it's all happening at once but I've seen people get out of worse pickles.

A lot of the issues you have raised i am not that familiar with personally so would be my opinion only and you need concrete facts and help, but for a start i would ask the obvious:

Have you contacted National Debtline or the CAB for help and advice.

Have you requested the Credit/Loan agreement under the CCA1974 for any of your accounts?

Seems like you have some charges making up some of the debt there. If they are non-bank overdraft charges then you can reclaim those. Have you looked at that aspect to reduce the debt?

Can you (have you) been to your Dr for a letter stating that these issues/worries and contributing to your health problems. If your Dr is sympathetic and you can get that it won't make creditors treat you respectfully in an instant but it may prove useful.

If either of you are in receipt of the following you may be entitled to Legal Aid and could get a Solicitor fighting your cause for you:

• Income Support
  • Income Based Job Seeker's Allowance
  • Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
  • Guarantee Credit

I would first off, start new threads in the Legal Issues forum (by clicking "new thread" button top left of the page )for the Hitachi and GE Money/Link issues:

Legal Issues - The Consumer Forums

Title your 2 threads:

"Hitachi Capital Charging Order"

&

"GE Money/Link Tomlin Order"

For the Tax issues start a new thread in this forum in the same way:

Benefits, Tax Credits and Minimum Wage - The Consumer Forums

Title it:

"Inland Revenue/Tax Credits Help!"

I see you have started a thread and begun.. don't worry you can start others.. they can be merged into one later.

Sorry i can't offer an instant fix but this will get you noticed by people with the same issues in those forums and there are plenty of knowledgeable people about that will soon start to help im sure.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Congrats on your 5000th post CB. (I'm catching you up!)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

• 4 weeks later...

Got this out of the blue today. These people are so dumb it's amazing. I asked for this 5 month ago. Ah well, has the account number too. Done and dusted:

1stMay.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Congrats on your 5000th post CB. (I'm catching you up!)

Methinks you are going to have to run a bit faster Davey :p

BTW, I got a copy of that book, thanks :D It is interesting to note that with the postage it cost me £7.00.. that is £1.00 for each 1lb lost:lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Methinks you are going to have to run a bit faster Davey :p

BTW, I got a copy of that book, thanks :D It is interesting to note that with the postage it cost me £7.00.. that is £1.00 for each 1lb lost:lol:

That's if you lose just the 7Ibs.. i lost 11Ibs in a week second time round with the detox! :)

Have fun! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Gaz and Angel! ;) More of the same to come eh! Determined to achieve my mission of being debt free before the year is out. :)

Yes 49 chilli plants, 28 peppers, coriander seeds, tomato, courgette, spring onions and lettuce doing nicely!

Good news ! :D

• 4 weeks later...
:p Phew, just read your whole thread. Took me yearrrsssss. But was well worth it.

CONGRATULATIONS!

wow thanks for reading the whole thing!

Hope the info contained will prove useful to many to beat this toilet of a company.

Cheers D

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Davey

Thank you so much for such inspirational posts. I started this process with all our creditors only a couple of months ago, and so far have been receiving exactly the same sorts of letters from capone. Now and again I feel completely overwhelmed by it all, but then I read something like your post and it provides me with renewed vigour and enthusiasm. I guess that their intention is to employ scare tactics to as many people as possible in the hope that you will get so snowed under with it all that you just give in. I am not doing this to be irresponsible - we tried all of the reduced settlements, which they kept agreeing to in every phone call, until they got someone else to call and had to go through the whole thing all over again. It has naturally put tremendous pressure on both of us - and I am fighting the battle as and when I can face it.

In hindsight, do you think you would have issued the threat of court action earlier, or should I continue in the same vein you have for a bit longer? I have already done CCA requests, subject access requests, and still they haven't been able to provide anything meaningful, just the same old rubbish about having fulfilled their obligations ...

Any advice you can offer will save my bill for hair dye!

Many thanks

Monkeykiwi

• 2 weeks later...
Davey

Thank you so much for such inspirational posts. I started this process with all our creditors only a couple of months ago, and so far have been receiving exactly the same sorts of letters from capone. Now and again I feel completely overwhelmed by it all, but then I read something like your post and it provides me with renewed vigour and enthusiasm. I guess that their intention is to employ scare tactics to as many people as possible in the hope that you will get so snowed under with it all that you just give in. I am not doing this to be irresponsible - we tried all of the reduced settlements, which they kept agreeing to in every phone call, until they got someone else to call and had to go through the whole thing all over again. It has naturally put tremendous pressure on both of us - and I am fighting the battle as and when I can face it.

In hindsight, do you think you would have issued the threat of court action earlier, or should I continue in the same vein you have for a bit longer? I have already done CCA requests, subject access requests, and still they haven't been able to provide anything meaningful, just the same old rubbish about having fulfilled their obligations ...

Any advice you can offer will save my bill for hair dye!

Many thanks

Monkeykiwi

Thanks for the comments MK.

In some ways i wish i had started Court Action earlier but in other ways not. Its not the easiest task in the world and it's easier to defend Court Action than it is to go on the offensive.

If you are sure your arguments are on a strong basis then i would just stick to telling them to bog off or supply a valid agreement. Get organised, get your letters sent off and try to get them to contradict themselves. Give them enough rope over time and then you will know your position and the strength of your potential case. Just don't expect cap1 (or any creditor for that matter) to roll over. As you have seen, even when they are worried about losing, they leave it until zero hour before calling it a day. But they do give in eventually.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I am trying to write a book on being in debt.

I would appreciate any short comments and peoples experiences in their own words on how debt has effected their health and lives. In particular the stress it causes and what being ignored by Lenders and DCAs when you are trying be responsible has felt like.

Only short comments wanted please. Say about 300 word max. No massive letters and i am more interested in the psychological effects and mental state, the frustration and stress that attempts to communicate with creditors has brought, rather than the legal side or section 78 failures etc.

I would prefer comments sent via hotmail or yahoo (link on the left of these posts) and not posted on the open forum please and rest assured your name/username will never be quoted. All in strict confidence and for my own use in writing about the subject matter and any information will be changed as to keep any comments i may add to the book as anonymous and not traceable back to any individual in any way.

Thanks folks... something may come of it. I may be a rubbish author! If it's not good enough for publication and if i ever finish it i'll post it online for download to try to help those being hounded by the evil doers.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

subscribing.

Well done!

Thanks!

Just to say.. haven't heard a peep out of them (and of course don't expect to either). 8-)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

davey, im not a serious cagger, the sight is massive and fightens me, but your persiverance and determination, must makes everyone who takes the time to read what you have done, realise that we can knock these imoral beggars off their perch's. i am at mom in deep with crap one and have claims against them for much more than i owe, and realise from your endeavours that they only pay out when the courts action is taken . im even more determined now to take that route well done - pb

Not sure if anyone has seen this;

News

Dispatches to air debt collection exposé - 10/07/2009

shutterstock_7434271_web_.jpg

A Channel 4 Dispatches reporter has gone undercover in a debt collection agency for a programme that will air on 20 July, Credit Today has learned.

Presented by Jane Moore, Channel 4 said the programme reveals "some of the tactics deployed to get debtors to pay up, and talks to those unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of this treatment". Earlier this year, Dispatches reporter Tom Randall got a job as a debt collector inside "one of the UK’s fastest growing agencies".

The programme is understood to also focus on the sale of debt portfolios. "Some of the biggest high street businesses are cutting their losses and selling on their bad debts to agencies for as little as sixteen pence in the pound," it said. "Agencies who buy up these debts are entitled to pursue debtors for the full amount. In this multi billion pound industry the stakes are high, and Dispatches reveals the lengths collectors will go to, to recover their debts."

Kurt Obermaier, executive director of the Credit Services Association, confirmed that a CSA member had made the trade body aware of the situation. He said the company had the correct policies in place for collections but individual employees may have deviated from them. He was not able to reveal the identity of the agency.

Credit Today understands that allegations include collection professionals putting undue pressure on vulnerable debtors, making premature threats of bankruptcy and chasing third parties and statue barred debts.

I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Hi Davey

Your posts have been a really inspiration to me and I'm sure many others who have read about your case. WELL DONE!!

I am in the process of 'dealing' with Capitol One and I am at the stage where I need to threaten them with legal action. I have sent them a CPR request which they have ignored apart from a letter stating that they have copied. I have a question for you that I could not work out the outcome from the threads. Its to do with the following from one of your letter to Capitol 1

''I therefore require a full refund of all payments made to you in the mistaken belief that a valid and enforceable agreement existed. I have calculated this figure to be £***p and I have enclosed a schedule setting out the details of my claim. I have also included statutory interest at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of each payment, and so require settlement in the total sum of £***. ''

Did you have any luck with claiming back any of the above?

Thanks GM

Edited by Gimme Money
html problem

Hi Davey

Your posts have been a really inspiration to me and I'm sure many others who have read about your case. WELL DONE!!

I am in the process of 'dealing' with Capitol One and I am at the stage where I need to threaten them with legal action. I have sent them a CPR request which they have ignored apart from a letter stating that they have copied. I have a question for you that I could not work out the outcome from the threads. Its to do with the following from one of your letter to Capitol 1

''I therefore require a full refund of all payments made to you in the mistaken belief that a valid and enforceable agreement existed. I have calculated this figure to be £***p and I have enclosed a schedule setting out the details of my claim. I have also included statutory interest at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of each payment, and so require settlement in the total sum of £***. ''

Did you have any luck with claiming back any of the above?

Thanks GM

Hi GM,

Thank you...Pleased if my posts have been useful to you. In answer to your question no.. didn't get anywhere with a refund. All i got was a write off.

To be honest many said i could have had more out of them but for various reasons, including it being my first win after a long couple of years dealing with these problems, and with it being the end of the year when the 'case' came to an end. i was happy to call it a day without pushing for more.

The mian object for asking for those amounts and using that stance was to give the Creditor something to think about. Knowing that for my part i would have given a little, making them think they had achieved partial victory (in not refunding cash) but with Cap1 unaware that, actually, i wasn't that bothered by the return of funds.

As i see it.. it's like putting a house on the market for £150k.. knowing that during negotiations you will be asked to knock off £10k. (Which is why secretly you are happy to sell for £140k.)

In other words.. don't expect to get everything you ask for but always have in mind the minimum requirements and be prepared to let the other party feel that they have gained something you wanted when, in reality, you were quite happy to let them have it as you end up with the result you wanted all along. :-)

I know others have had more of a result especially when the stakes have been higher (a large refund that could make a big difference to them) so they haven't given up or settled for less. I guess it all depends what your situation is and what your personal goals are.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything