• Tweets

• Thanks @lolerz. I've attached it to the post. What do you think? What's the organ grinder? NTK.pdf
    • I'm afraid that if the value of the item was under declared then that is probably the best that you can hope for. Also, because the item was incorrectly addressed – even by a single letter, if that because the issue relating to the delivery then that has probably compounded the problem. There is probably very little that can be done. If you are lucky you will get the item back and then you can start again and declare it properly. Undervaluing parcels which are sent by any means is always going to cause a problem if the item is lost or damaged. It may mean that the cost of delivery is slightly less – but at the end of the day the risk becomes yours. When you enter into any kind of contract, effectively you declare it a level of risk to your contracting partner – and they decide to enter into the contract with you based on that level of risk. You have declared a level of risk and £50 – and that's the deal.   Additionally, undervaluing an item which is an internationally has the effect also of evading customs and any VAT system which is in force in that country – and that makes the whole thing a little bit more serious
    • Perfect. Nice and brief and to the point. You don't bother to start telling your life story. Just the way it should be. Send it off. You have probably done enough reading to understand that it won't make any difference don't start drafting your particulars of claim. Open an account with the MoneyClaim County Court system and start preparing. Post your particulars of claim here before you click it off. You may have noticed that at some point you will be asked if you want to go to mediation on this. We used to advise it but now we recommend that you decline mediation and go to trial. Your chances of success are much better than 95%. Going to trial will incur an additional hearing fee but of course you will get that back. However if you go to mediation, they will simply try to penny pinch and to get you to compromise and also they will sign you up to a confidentiality agreement and probably threaten you if you breach it. Not only that, if the mediation fails because you stand your ground, it will add additional delay while they then give you a date to go to trial. The best thing to do is to decline mediation – prepare for court hearing. Pay the extra fee. The chances are that rather than get a judgement against them they will then offer you a full settlement rather than go to court. If they do offer you full settlement then you will be obliged to accept it – but that's what you want. If they don't offer you full settlement then you will go to trial and there will be a judgement against them. Just so that you understand, our first interest is that you get your money back – but a close second is that it does go to trial and there is a judgement which we will then be able to use to help other people. Anyway as you should realise, we will help you all the way.
    • I sent a parcel to Singapore but i spelt the address incorrecltly by 1 letter so the parcel couldnt be delivered and was returned back to the Uk but checking the tracking today the parcel had returned to the UK but is somehow on its way back to Singapore as the tracking says "Item leaving the UK"    Ive spoken ( tweeted) Royal Mail help who confirm that the parcel seems to be going back to Singapore and that if its not " Delivered" by the 29th of April theyll deem it as lost and will accept a claim but i cant remeber when booking what the compensation amount was but i dont think it covers the amount of the item.  As it was my fault that it wasnt delivered in the first place can i trey and claim the full amount back ? i think if i remember correctly it was £50 compensation but the item was £170 So the timeline is thus ...   22nd Of March .    Booked via P2G & dropped off a Post Office.  25th March arrives in Singapore and goes through customs ect ect 26th   Incorrect address and item is flagged as "return to sender" 28th Item leaves Overseas intenational processing centre 15th of April , Item is leaving the Uk (Again)   ?    
    • Post the NTK up here for the regulars to double-check. I highly doubt it's compliant with POFA though. Ignore the deforestation that comes unless it's ever a letter of claim. Any luck with the organ grinder?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Davey77 vs Capital One *** WON ***

davey77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had this:

Dear x

I sent through to Torquay and Newton Abbot County Court this morning a fax to advise that this claim has been settled and have just telephoned them to check they had received my fax.

The Court Clerk said they would appreciate receiving your written confirmation that the claim has been settled. I appreciate it may be difficult to fax a letter to them, but if you could send a letter and also telephone them to confirm the position, it would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Wendy Starr

Capital One Bank (Europe) plc

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Davey77!

Just had this:

Dear x

I sent through to Torquay and Newton Abbot County Court this morning a fax to advise that this claim has been settled and have just telephoned them to check they had received my fax.

The Court Clerk said they would appreciate receiving your written confirmation that the claim has been settled. I appreciate it may be difficult to fax a letter to them, but if you could send a letter and also telephone them to confirm the position, it would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Wendy Starr

Capital One Bank (Europe) plc

I'm fairly sure Capital One will be aware of the position, but that won't stop them closing this off, as explained above.

It would make no sense for them to back pedal now.

I think if you want this to be closed, you can achieve this and you can then move on and forget all about Capital One for ever!

Cheers,

BRW

I agree.. they must be fully aware of the hearing status but don't seem to be concerned and are sticking to their offer.

My reply has been that i will ring the Court shortly and also write them confirming settlement "based on the detail of our recent emails." I will copy that email and send to the Court with my letter.

I do think this is done and dusted but will await the postal confirmation. Once i have it in black and white on paper then i would say that's legally binding and i'll have that tea, i mean coffee! :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I do think this is done and dusted but will await the postal confirmation. Once i have it in black and white on paper then i would say that's legally binding and i'll have that tea, i mean coffee!

Stuff the Tea and Coffee, have a large Beer, and a few others to go with it!

I think you deserve it.

Cheers,

BRW

ok you twisted my arm.. a beer it is! :)

Don't know why she wanted me to ring the Court. They said they had had the fax from Cap1 confirming settlement and there was nothing further for me to do. She seemed slightly puzzled why i would ring.

I am still going to print off the email from wendy and send it to the Court with a letter confirming everything. Can Wendy still be in the dark about the strike out? Surely not i would have thought. Anyways, no more to do today but to wait and see what the postman brings me tomorrow but probably Monday!

Cheers! :) D

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hello Davey77!

I think it's the result Capital One wanted, just to avoid the prospect of having to shell out hard Cash to go precisely nowhere.

I think you could've teased some money out of them but, I do, fully, and totally understand that getting one blood sucking banker off your back is a satisfactory goal all in itself.

I think it's all done and dusted now and, any second now we'll hear the Fat Lady singing...

...or is that strange ethereal noise Davey77 howling like a happy baboon after completing his 17th celebratory Pint?

Cheers indeed!

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Can't Swpell...or Tripe!

Well, nothing in the post from Cap1, i doubt i really need that letter as the emails have been printed for future reference but all the same i would like it in writing. I will give them til Mon and if i don't get anything i will write asking for a written copy of the settlement.

(wasn't 17 pints.. but it was 1 or 2! :) )

I'll update this thread with any new that occurs and at some point will also add all the replies to defence etc which may help others with fighting Cap1 + others! :)

Cheers folks! :) Thanks for all the help!! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I have just caught up with this, Davey. Well done, excellent news. Should you now have **WON** in the title:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks very much CB! :)

I think maybe i should have **won** but would like the settlement in writing (Just don't feel it's quite real in an email, old fashioned i guess) before i book the celebratory balloon flight for the summer! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Excellent result.....Have another beer!:D

Lowell Financial (Monument) No CCA - File Closed ** WON**:D

1st Credit (Citi Financial) No CCA - Credit Report Marked 'Satisfied' ** WON **:D

American Express No CCA - Pending

RBS Mint No CCA - Pending

CL Finance (Morgan Stanley) No CCA - In Court:eek:

HSBC - No CCA - In Court:eek:

Link Financial (MBNA) No CCA - Pending

fab results davey

well done and to all the posters who helped you here

rock and roll and cheers

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thanks Angel! Hope all is well with you! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Many thanks!! :)

• Haha 1

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Brilliant Davey!!

Just read this through from your link - will post there too.

You (and BRW) have just made my day! :D

:) Thanks sosumi! (And for clicking the rep.):wink::-D

Wrote to Cap1 yesterday to ask for a written copy of the settlement...:cool:

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

:-D

Wrote to Cap1 yesterday to ask for a written copy of the settlement...:cool:

They will open your letter and groan......... Oh no !!.. :D:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Davey77

Well done, I've read this with interest as I am one of the many others with an unenforceable capone 'agreement' (actually a blank application form!)

I was just wondering if you'd had written confirmation of the settled account and zeroed balance, and whether they'd marked your CRA files as you requested?

Lexis:)

Edited by lexis200

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Thank Lexis. So you have a blank application form.. thats a good start. Mine wasn't even blank, they came up with the back pages too but still caved in so hopefully that bodes well for your outcome.

I wrote 15 Dec asking for the settlement agreement in writing. No reply. I sent another letter to the legal dept 2 days ago asking again. If i don't get a response i will email wendy starr of the legal dept. I won't let it go until i get it in writing.

I haven't checked the CRA files yet. Thought i would give it a month but yes, i will do that this week and check they have honoured their agreement.

As for the details of all this from LBA through to N1 and Replies to Defence i haven't forgotten and am still working on putting it all together here for others benefit. :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Thanks davey, I'm hoping it bodes well but they seem to like playing silly buggers:rolleyes: The fact they've sent a dodgy DN too should help:)

I'd be exactly the same - you want their settlement in your hand so to speak, not just on a computer screen!

Watching with interest, and crossing fingers for you that they do as they say and settle your CRA files:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Thank Amber! Yes it certainly is good to get rid of them although still wanting that written copy and that seem to be taken longer than i thought it would. Looks like an email to Wendy Starr will go off today :rolleyes:

Cap1Jan09.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

• 2 weeks later...

OK, while i wait for the letter (still waiting yes lol). and for the benefit of 'ocu123' and others here is the Court Process. Not in absolute detail but it should help those who haven't been through the Court/N1 route before.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account No. **** **** **** ****

Thank you for your letter dated 29 February 2008.

Having reviewed the copy documents you have sent in response to my request under s78 CCA, I have come to the conclusion that no valid or enforceable agreement exists between us. This is because the only document I signed is a pre-contractual application form which does not contain any prescribed terms, or any other terms or statutory notices as required by the CCA.

The documents you have supplied do not comply with s61(1) or s127(3) CCA and are therefore improperly executed and totally unenforceable:

s61 CCA - Signing of agreement:

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

© the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

s127(3) CCA:

(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

Further, the only document I have signed is a pre-contractual application for credit, which may or may not have been accepted, depending on your lending criteria. This was therefore an agreement that falls under s59(1) CCA and is consequently void:

s59 - Agreement to enter future agreement void

(1) An agreement is void if, and to the extent that, it purports to bind a person to enter as debtor or hirer into a prospective regulated agreement.

I therefore require a full refund of all payments made to you in the mistaken belief that a valid and enforceable agreement existed. I have calculated this figure to be £674.26p and I have enclosed a schedule setting out the details of my claim. I have also included statutory interest at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of each payment, and so require settlement in the total sum of £863.14p.

I also require that any adverse information provided by you in respect of this account to any credit reference agency be deleted from their records. If I do not receive an acceptable settlement proposal within 14 days of receipt of this letter, I shall issue court proceedings without further notice.

Since this letter is the first stage of intended court action, you are required under the general pre-action protocol of the CPR to send me any information I request. Please therefore supply me with a copy of any and all documents in your possession that you will be relying on as a defence to this claim. In particular, since the application form refers to information 'overleaf', I require that you send me a full copy of that original document, i.e. the front and the reverse', plus a true copy of the original terms and conditions. If you do not comply with this request, or send me written confirmation that no original copies of these documents exist, within the 14 days as specified above, I shall consider applying to the court for an order under Part 18 CPR.

Yours sincerely, me

Cap1.jpg

Cap1CourtPapers.jpg

Cap1CourtPapers_0001.jpg

The rest of the page tells you what to do depending on the reply such as requesting a judgement should the defendant fail to defend, accepting their proposal for payment (should there be any) etc

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0002.jpg

Notice from the court stating Cap1's intention to defend my claim (as expected.)

My POC (particulars of Claim.):

POC1.jpg

POC2.jpg

POC3.jpg

POC4.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0003.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0004.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0005.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0006.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0007.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0008.jpg

Well, they came up with the back of the Application form. Showing never to assume they don't have the docs you have been asking for over the previous 12 months! Still didn't make it an 'agreement' tho in my view so so i did reply of course, although first was the Allocation Questionnaire (AQ), we both had one as i recall and it's pretty straight forward. Here is Cap1s:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0009.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0010.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0011.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0012.jpg

and then my Reply to their Defence:

replytodefence1.jpg

replytodefence2.jpg

replytodefence3.jpg

Cap1CourtPapers_0013.jpg

This next link is what i had been sent in the past (s78 requests). The more recent address showing (applied for the card at the previous address): APR 35%.. charming!

Cap1CourtPapers_0014.jpg

So, on from the 2 July letter i said:

Gillian Charles

Capital One Bank plc

Legal Department

4th Floor

Loxley House

Station Street

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

8 July 2008

IN THE TORQUAY AND NEWTON ABBOT COUNTY COURT

CLAIM NUMBER – ******

Davey77 v CAPITAL ONE BANK (EUROPE) PLC

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER PART 18 CPR

Dear Ms Charles

Thank you for your letter of (2 July 2008), the contents of which are noted.

Further to the points raised in my reply to defence, a copy of which was sent to you on (12 June 2008), I am requesting that you send me true certified copies of the following original documents:

1)The full credit agreement document, containing all the terms of the alleged agreement (all clauses) and my signature, in support of the assertions made at paragraphs 10 and 11 of Capital One's defence, whereby it is alleged that I signed an agreement document that contained a 'Clause 10' and a 'Clause 23'.

2)The statutory first copy of the alleged credit agreement, that is required to be sent to the debtor at the same time as the credit agreement is sent to him for signature, as per s62.2 CCA. In this case, since it is averred in the defence that Exhibit A is the alleged 'whole' agreement, the document I require sight of is the original copy of Exhibit A that should have been sent to me as my copy of the alleged agreement.

3)The statutory separate notice of cancellation rights and cancellation form, in the required format, that was required to be sent to me in compliance with s64.1(b) or alternatively s62.2 CCA, together with documentary proof that a copy of this notice was indeed sent to me within the statutory time limits.

Please note that this request is made under Part 18 CPR, and that I require a response within 10 days of receipt of this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Davey77

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0015.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1CourtPapers_0016.jpg

I believed i asked again for the information but didn't get anywhere.

Mediation later failed and so we got to this point:

Cap1CourtPapers_0017.jpg

We also have the witness statement from Cap1.

"...On the basis of the documentation enclosed with our witness statement and all information we have previously provided to you, we believe we have a strong defence and have instructed a barrister to attend the hearing on our behalf and who will be seeking an order for costs against you.

I would be grateful if you would confirm your position in relation to attending the court hearing and in relation to the claim in general. Would you please therefore telephone me urgently on receipt of this letter in order that we may discuss the claim in some further defail.

Wendy Starr, Cap1"

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap2.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap3.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap4.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap5.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap6.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap7.jpg

at this point we really go back to the beginning of this thread. As you will know i replied (although not realising FOS complaints are not charged until the 4th one but maybe Cap1 don't know what). Anyway, my rather unprofessional reply was:

" In reference to your letter dated 1 Dec 2008. The Court fee remission form had already been sent to the Court while i was awaiting a recent Income Support entitlement letter therefore there was an unavoidable delay in returning the documentation.

I have received from the Court this morning instructions which should finalise the hearing fee issue. This will be sent by first class post to them today (Wednesday 3rd December) enabling the hearing to go ahead for the 8th December as planned.

In relation to your request for a telephone conversation i see little reason to do so at this juncture having clearly stated my case on more than one occasion. I am confident your stance will be ineffectual considering the weight of evidence against the defendant in this matter as i firmly believe my case is arguable based on numerous flaws and technicalities of the documentation in question and inaccuracies in the Witness Statement.

With respect, the witness statement is compiled by a person who actually doesn’t have any direct knowledge of handling the suggested documentation itself first hand. Unless the legal team employed by the Defendant have personally been involved in addressing, stamping and arranging application forms (the alleged agreement) to be sent to consumers since 2003 which is an implausible scenario.

Therefore this Witness Statement is from someone who was not witness to the events relating to it but based on third party information therefore perhaps these ‘third parties’ should be called to account and to speak for themselves.

What was originally, or what was not, sent to me is only implied and suggested which can hardly constitute fact. Supposition as to what was received only relies on probabilities with terminology of ‘would have’, ‘could have’ and ‘maybe was received’ etc but not categorically ‘did receive without doubt’ at the time of application and so is hypothesis and not factual.

To quote from the Witness Statement:

“5.I.ii a separate declaration under the heading "Credit Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974" and stating that the applicant (the Claimant) had read and agreed to be bound by the full terms and conditions of the credit card agreement with Capital One. On the reverse of this document underneath the heading "Consumer Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. These terms are taken from Clauses 8, 10 and 23 of the Terms and Conditions that you sign with us" there would also have been an extract of the key terms of the credit agreement including the prescribed terms for the purposes of Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983;”

As suggested previously the highlighted wording being a another example of information based on third parties supposedly working for Capital One in 2003.

If the defendant wanted the Application form to become a properly executed agreement they should have placed the correct wording on the application form and not disregarded Consumers lack of legal knowledge. For an application form, in part, to become a Regulated Credit Agreement the correct wording should include the word ‘Card’: Regulated Credit Card Agreement as defined by Law:

“SI 1983/1553

(1) Subject to paragraph (2) below, a heading in one of the following forms of words--

(a) "Hire Purchase Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974";

(b) "Conditional Sale Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974";

© "Fixed Sum Loan Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974"; or

(d) "Credit Card Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974",as the case may require.

(2) If none of the headings in 1(a) to (d) above are applicable a heading in the following form of words--

"Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974".

(3) Where the document and a pawn-receipt are combined, the words ", and Pawn Receipt," shall be inserted in the heading after the word

"Agreement".

(4) Where the document embodies an agreement of which at least one part is a credit agreement not regulated by the Act, the word "partly" shall be inserted before "regulated" unless the regulated and unregulated parts of the agreement are clearly separate.

(5) Where the credit is being secured on land the words "secured on" followed by the address of the land shall be inserted at the end of the

heading.”

S78 states "shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it".

The other document in my opinion being the original Terms and Conditions. The other Document can contain non-vital Terms, but it cannot contain the Prescribed Terms.

Therefore, no witness to the actual events, no properly executed credit card agreement as i am sure you are now aware that the Prescribed Terms must be contained within the four corners of the Agreement, they cannot be embodied within a second document. This requires the Prescribed Terms must be contained within a signature document and cannot be found within a second document. The second and separate document can include non-essential Terms that would form part of the overall Agreement, but those Terms must not include the key Prescribed Terms and so making the documentation supplied to the Claimant on previous occasions unenforceable as the Law stands.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 s61(1)(b) is concerned with the Prescribed Terms. Failure to comply with this is fatal (at least for written Agreements made before the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

I therefore believe I can show to the Court that the alleged agreement has been improperly executed in more than one respect, and that the defendant’s interpretation of compliance with s78 is wrong.

I deny receiving any ‘leaflet’ with the credit card application or thereafter and which has been alleged contained the prescribed terms of the agreement and cancelation notice of which is irrelevant because the cancelation notice the Claimant should have received (but didn’t) should have been on a single sheet of paper due to the circumstances in which the documentation was signed. This renders the agreement, at best, improperly executed on a further count and at worst wholly unenforceable under s127(4) of the Consumer Credit Act.

For your information i must point out that the defendant will not be able to claim their barrister’s cost if the Claimants case is not successful.

During past mediation through the Court it was said that the Financial Ombudsman ‘decision’ (which was actually just an opinion of an Ombudsman employee and not an official Adjudication) in relation to my complaint with them gave weight to the defendants stance. Perhaps I worded my complaint incorrectly and left out certain important details (OFT Debt Collection Guidance/Banking Code infringements etc) which a new complaint to the Ombudsman, at a later date if prudent, would be beneficial should Monday’s Hearing be unsatisfactory? I understand the fee due by a creditor in such cases has increased since my previous complaint was issued to £450. For your information, this would be payable by Capital One and not myself.

My email address is above should you wish to add anything new before Monday's Hearing.

Yours sincerely, davey77

Then we know already how it goes.. struck out before the hearing due to the Court messing up my Fee Remission form, meanwhile Cap1 cave in via email a couple of days before the Hearing!

• Haha 1

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything