Ukpc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this website and would like to thanks everyone who responds to my question. I live in London, southgate area and ive recently moved to a new residence. My private estate's parking is regulated by UKPC Ltd. I've parked here in the last 2 weeks and now i have 3 PCN's issued from them 17 Nov, 20 Nov, 27 Nov. There was only one notification on my windscreen on 27th Nov and had no idea for the 17th and the 20th.

The letters they have sent me are asking to pay a reduced amount of £75 within 14 days or £95 if paid at a latter date.It also give me a right to appeal within 7 days of issueing of the letter. My question is simple, how should i deal with them. because :

1) I hadn't recieved any notification on my car the first 2 times.

2) I live in the estate.

3) The reason they state are vague and the pictures are very unclear i.e. 1st time vehicle causing obstruction (cannot be justified from the picture they sent me). 2nd time not displaying a permit.( no closeup and cannot really say it has or has not been displayed)

4) My landlady told me i can park in front of the house without any displayed permit as i am a resident.

Any help provided as soon as possible would be highly appreiciated !

thanks man, i will surely not pay them anything .. but if i dont contact them .. they keep sending me letters + my name gets abused which i am strongly opposed. I dont want some debt. collection agency down scoring my credit rating and abusing my name. Any suggesstions ? Thanks in advance

The only way your credit rating can be affected is *if* you get taken to court *and* you lose *and* you still refuse to pay. Chances of court are miniscule and chances of them winning are equally small.

These companies merely work by scaring people into paying. For every person like you, they'll be 5 others who are clueless, fall for the letters and think they'll get a CCJ if they don't pay. That's how they make their money - people's ignorance.

Remember a 'debt collection agency' is just a private company no different from Joe Bloggs the Plumbers or WHSmith. They have no special powers!

With parking tickets from private companies it's always best to ignore. With tickets from councils or the police, it's never ever best to ignore. You can see how the confusion arises and people get scared by these silly fake invoices.