£80 Parking ticket for wrong way round P+D. Due on Thu

Guest Mongoosetierney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think your strategy is a fair one.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mongoosetierney

Well they got back to me (my mother, the regiestere4d keeper) end of jan saying they are looking into this case.

Then on 28th Jan i got a appeal rejected letter

The company is VCS- Vehical Control Services based in shefffield.

Im going to write a letter on behalf of my mother statign that the contract entered into is between the driver and the company, not the registered keeper.

Some of you may have seen the followign article on TV and in the Yorkshire evening post Leeds 'pit bull' savaging victim describes her terror - Yorkshire Evening Post

Thats my mother, we are all in a very distressed state/situation at the moment as you can imagine so i will photocopy that telling them to not contact me (ie. my mum) further.

Then we wait...

Mongoosetierney

YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY THIS FINE!!!!!!!!!

This is a Private Parking Company, despite their threats they have no legal leg to stand on. They are not backed by the Traffic Management Act 2004 and rely only on enforcing the charge by suing for breach of contract. Scan in their appeal rejected letter and I will pen a response for you.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Guest Mongoosetierney

Oh i have no intention whatso ever of paying it, i didnt mean to sound like i was.

Il scan it in Now.

I have it as a PDF but cant see no attach file button ???

Edited by Mongoosetierney

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your letter dated the ... January 2009.

My final response to the matter is that no parking contravention took place. If you believe that it did then I invite you to submit a claim against the driver in the local county court. Please be advised, any further correspondence sent to my mother will be stored and the right will be reserved to pass such documentation to relevant law enforcement/regulatory bodies.

Yours sincerely

A.N.Other

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Guest Mongoosetierney

Thanks alot for that.

The letter is just a same old same old im sure.

Frankly id love to end up going to court with them and watch the judge hand there a$$ to them. But it wont ever get to that.

The thing is if you send that letter than it just stops the needless letter writing. They know then there is no chance you'll pay and just give up. It sounds like you and your family have a lot on - no time to waste with PPC's. Trust me, I have dealt with worse people than this.

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I wouldn't, and didn't bother replying to the two private parking "invoices" I received last year. Having read many posts about the same issue, my conclusion was that no matter what you write it will be ignored and they will continue with their process of threatening letters... I ignored them all, and to date, two months has passed without contact from them.

see here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/166267-my-experience-euro-car.html

Guest Mongoosetierney

Thanks TFT

Il update if i hear anything back from them (I wont hold my breath!)

Interesting read P.S- Nice to see how much time and expense they waste on trying.

Did you give them your own contact details? As this case is somewhat unusual in that you, the driver, can prove in court if necessary that no contravention occured (even by their own definition of contravention), and your mother is vulnerable, I would argue that it would be advisable to give them your own name and address as the driver. This massively strengthens the case for harassment if they persist against your mother.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Guest Mongoosetierney

Yeah im going to write my name and address (same address) on the letter ive penned for my mum as the driver.

Its not going to get to court but if i went to court with them with proof that i'd paid and merly placed the ticket the wrong way round once in 8months then the court would be favourable. Plus the extortion of £120 for a 3.50 all day space ect ect

Thanks for the replies

Do you want advice or are you going to pay an unenforceable invoice?

I recon the posters have told you what to do, either totally ignore the ticket and get on wi thi life or waste your money and time writing to someone who wont take a blind bit of notice what you say.

All they want is yer brass, so stop messing about and do what youre gonna do.

Guest Mongoosetierney

Did someone get out of the wrong side of the bed?;)

Sorry 68904 i thought this was forum for talking about things...

If you've read the thread then you know im not paying it. You may also know why i dont want them hooning my mother about it.

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Regards

Jay

Just as an aside: I was told by a council parking official that 'upside down ticket' actually means 'face down'. A lot of CEOs issue a ticket on the assertion that a ticket 'not straight' is 'upside down'

I'm talking Council Wardens here.

Guest Mongoosetierney

Yeah, i just think that if they wernt all scammmers(private, not council ones) any normal person would see i'd paid and let that be that.

Guest Mongoosetierney

AS i side note but in my original post

Would the location they have said my car was in make the invoice void anyway?

I was in a different car park to the one the warden said i was in.

Thanks

If it was a Council PCN it would invalidate the PCN.

However, in your case if the company wanted to go to court and issued the summons they could ammend the address in their summons. Its irrelevant as they have no case against you. This company have not suffered a financial loss due to your actions.

I have had a couple of invoices from these companes and so have friends and familiy. I have corresponded on one occasion for my daughter (where they gave up) but in all other cases I have said ignore and after the 5 or 6 nasty letters they have gone away.

Guest Mongoosetierney

update.

They wont be getting anything 'bar tye 3.50 i paid on the day.That is That.

They sent another invoice with pretty red colours and big bold writing to my mother but i suspect this was done before they recived my address and privoius letter.arses they'd better not keep writing to her.

On the invoice it states the "you/owner/registeredkeeper/driver are liable for all costs" witch is a blatant lie.

Once they write to me il start ignoring them and stop annoying you guys n gals telling you there ever move- 'less you would like me to.

Jay