Eileen Hodge v Abbey- Won!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So sorry to hear of your loss

blueblack.gif

I hope the money comes in useful in the future.

Best wishes.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Dear Eileen, our sincere condolencies to you, to your family, for the loss of your son ... we can't know how you must be feeling, we can only imagine what it must be like to lose a child. Our hearts go out to you.

We are so glad that you won your charges back, mechs and Linda

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

No parent should ever have to live through the loss of one of their children. I can only try to comprehend your feelings.

I'm glad you got your money back, and that you found us here at CAG so helpful; it's what we try to be!

Hi Eileen,

I am so sorry about the death of your son. I wish I could find words that would relieve your pain, but I just cannot imagine what they might be. Losing a child must be one of the saddest experiences possible and words of comfort are difficult to find.

All of us at the Consumer Action Group are thinking of you and your family in your time of sorrow.

Sincere condolences,

John.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

What a terrible thing to happen. So sorry for you.

Better news with Scrabbey though.

All the best.

Odd

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

Sincere condolences

Welly

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

My heart goes out to you, I just cannot imagine what you are going through! Keep your memories and cherish every moment you had with him x x

Congrats on your refund

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug

Eileen,

So sorry to hear of your terrible loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

The Consumer Action Group

Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

I really feel for you, Eileen. There's nothing anyone can say really, but this Hebrew proverb gave me some comfort when my brother died at a young age:

'Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was'

P.S. I am pleased you beat the Shabbey.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

I can't say thank you enough for all your messages, to think that none of us have met but have become 'friends against Abbey' and feel for each other is very heartwarming, thanks.

Enough of the slush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(got to be strong now!) When do I get my cheque, any ideas? Semi's seem to take around 8 days, how long was yours Karne?

The CHEQUE was put into my account this morningIt will clear in 5days. Cheeky b******s you would have thought they would have done a money transfer!!!!!!! Shan't send my letter of receipt until cheques has cleared.

I quite agree with you Karnevil three of my friends have now showed more interest and asked for the site now I've got my money. 'Faint heart never won fair maid'

Cowards!

If we get charged now do we write again and do the process again?

Eileen

Well done Eileen

Sorry for your loss ,money means nothing at those times ,wish you all the best,my thoughts of losing a child are painful enough, but to go through it I just cant begin to imagine.

Keep going.

HUGGY BEAR

Good news Eileen, I thought the same thing, why a cheque!! Mine cleared ok x take care , got tears in my eyes again thinking of your loss x x

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks