Barclaycard/Robinson Way

midge61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am helping my SIL to get himself straight at last. We have started to tackle Abbey but now he has told me about a Barclaycard debt.

He had a card with 1k limit but was defaulted for £1500 and has been paying RW (who is now up for sale according to the Times:)) £6 per week for several years.

Who do I contact first?

Do I send a cca to RW and a sar to Barclays or both to RW?

Thanks for helping.

Robinson Way & Co ltd

London Scottish House

Quays Reach

Carolina way

Salford

M50 2ZY

tel: 0870 6091521

Fax: 0161 839 4307

email: [email protected]

....... If Robinson Way are to be sold off separately, then it will be interesting to see if it sells at all, and if so what price it fetches.

This could determine how willing they are to accept reduced offers?

ie: If you make an offer now, how confident they are of getting a good price will determine willingness to accept.

If you wait and see if and how much they sell for, then that could also be used as a bargaining tool to propose own offer.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Thanks for that.

SIL has lead a somewhat "nomadic" life for several years and has no paperwork connected to this debt so we don't actually know how much is left outstanding.

The offer bit is something to keep in mind though, thanks.

My Barclaycard went to RW. The CCA I received was an application form signed by me, the card was taken out back in 1996 so sounds like your CCA req might produce the same. When you get it back send them a letter stating not properly executed agreement. I got a letter back from RW to say account passed back to BC. Keep a paper trail / photocopy letters you send etc and dont be surprised if BC pass it out to another DCA. If do no need to CCA again just send them photocopies of what been done already and tell them that as dispute is ongoing with BC no DCA can get involved.

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

• 1 month later...