• Tweets

• the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
    • Regarding a driver, that HAS paid for parking but input an incorrect Vehicle Registration Number.   This is an easy mistake to make, especially if a driver has access to more than one vehicle. First of all, upon receiving an NTK/PCN it is important to check that the Notice fully complies with PoFA 2012 Schedule 4 before deciding how to respond of course. The general advice is NOT to appeal to the Private Parking Company as, for example, you may identify yourself as driver and in certain circumstances that could harm your defence at a later stage. However, after following a recent thread on this subject, I have come to the conclusion that, in the case of inputting an incorrect Vehicle Registration Number, which is covered by “de minimis” it may actually HARM your defence at a later stage if you have not appealed to the PPC at the first appeal stage and explained that you DID pay for parking and CAN provide proof of parking, it was just that an incorrect VRN was input in error. Now, we all know that the BPA Code of Practice are guidelines from one bunch of charlatans for another bunch of charlatans to follow, but my thoughts are that there could be problems in court if a judge decides that a motorist has not followed these guidelines and has not made an appeal at the first appeal stage, therefore attempting to resolve the situation before it reaches court. From BPA Code of Practice: Section 17:  Keying Errors B) Major Keying Errors Examples of a major keying error could include: • Motorist entered their spouse’s car registration • Motorist entered something completely unrelated to their registration • Motorist made multiple keying errors (beyond one character being entered incorrectly) • Motorist has only entered a small part of their VRM, for example the first three digits In these instances we would expect that such errors are dealt with appropriately at the first appeal stage, especially if it can be proven that the motorist has paid for the parking event or that the motorist attempted to enter their VRM or were a legitimate user of the car park (eg a hospital patient or a patron of a restaurant). It is appreciated that in issuing a PCN in these instances, the operator will have incurred charges including but not limited to the DVLA fee and other processing costs therefore we believe that it is reasonable to seek to recover some of these costs by making a modest charge to the motorist of no more than £20 for a 14-day period from when the keying error was identified before reverting to the charge amount at the point of appeal. Now, we know that the "modest charge" is unenforceable in law, however, it would be up to the individual if they wanted to pay and make the problem go away or in fact if they wanted to contest the issue in court. If the motorist DOES appeal to the PPC explaining the error and the PPC rejects the appeal and the appeal fails, the motorist can use that in his favour at court.   Defence: "I entered the wrong VRN by mistake Judge, I explained this and I also submitted proof of payment for the relevant parking period in my appeal but the PPC wouldn't accept that"   If the motorist DOES NOT appeal to the PPC in the first instance the judge may well use that as a reason to dismiss the case in the claimant's favour because they may decide that they had the opportunity to resolve the matter at a much earlier stage in the proceedings. It is my humble opinion that a motorist, having paid and having proof of payment but entering the wrong VRN, should make an appeal at the first appeal stage in order to prevent problems at a later stage. In this instance, I think there is nothing to be gained by concealing the identity of the driver, especially if at a later stage, perhaps in court, it is said: “I (the driver) entered the wrong VRN.” Whether you agree or not, it is up to the individual to decide …. but worth thinking about. Any feedback, especially if you can prove to the contrary, gratefully received.
    • Women-only co-working spaces are part of the new hybrid working landscape, but they divide opinion.View the full article
    • The music streaming service reports record profits of over €1bn (£860m) after laying off 1500 staff.View the full article
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mjanet v lloyds :** WON ** UNCONDITIONALLY

Janet-M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

email recieved from solicitors

Without Prejudice - Confidential and Privileged

Dear Madam

Please confirm that you received our letter of 14 July 2006 and the cheque for the sum of £379.73 that was enclosed.

We should be grateful if you would contact the Court to confirm that the case has been settled as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

My reply sent by email

Without Prejudice

Dear Sir ,

I recieved your letter and the cheque .I was about to write to the court today to say the claim was settled until I went to my branch and was informed that they had to wait for the cheque to clear.I explained it was a cheque from their solicitors on behalf of Lloyds and they must realise it would be honoured but they still insisted it was a buisness account and the cheque would have to clear.I think if Lloyds themselves are concerned over the cheque then I to must follow them and wait for the cheque to clear before informing the courts.

I must say though it does seem a very strange relationship between you and your client.

I am not going to be as petty as to inform you that the money is not in my account so the interest is not to date.Instead I am prepared to accept that cheque in full and final settlement of this claim.

As soon as Lloyds themselves are happy that the cheque is honoured and pay the money into my account then I will imediatly inform the court in writing that the claim is settled and send a copy on to yourselves, as you requested

Yours Truly

That's it Janet.....I knew you could not let it go!!!! this is the best way, you let them know Lloyds won't accept their cheque until it has gone through the usual clearing process and at the same time cover yourself and accept it........well done!!!!

Funny of you to query their relationship :D I wonder what the solicitors think about this whole episode, I would like to know what their legal fees are for it all :confused:.it beggers belief they took it this far.......now, should we start taking bets on whether the cheque will bounce!!!!! :D

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

I have to say, I ask myself the same question: I have currently a claim for £25, yes £25, and have received a defence, and a hearing date. I can not help wondering whether the bank actually know they're being charged xxx pounds an hour for a claim worth £25!!!

Me: I can draw on that cheque right away can’t I with it being a Lloyds cheque

Cashier 1: No, it’s a business account it will take 3 working days

:rolleyes:

They are definitely slipping. They should have offered you special cheque clearance and then charged you for it!.

Also they could have taken the opportunity to sell you some DDI (derriere detatchment insurance) for when you laughed your a**e off.:D

Elsinore

I have to say, I ask myself the same question: I have currently a claim for £25, yes £25, and have received a defence, and a hearing date. I can not help wondering whether the bank actually know they're being charged xxx pounds an hour for a claim worth £25!!!

I am pretty sure in Janets case the legal fees will be way above what they refunded to her, and in your case .......well it doesn't bare thinking about does it!! :D I wonder what their shareholders would say about the way they squander money!!! ;)

Makes you wonder if it is worth buying a few shares so you can attend the next AGM and voice your opinions :D

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

Janet,

Just wanted to say a big well done to you.

I sent my allocation questionaire back on Monday still no word from anybody Lloyds have until next Thursday to issue theirs.

I will definatly not be exepting any terms or conditions I want all my money back they took from me when I was in dire financial difficulties.

How dare they demand terms and conditions when you are suing them to get your own money back.

The defence is very weak and I can and will pick holes in it,when we go to court,

which I am looking forward too.

You are an inspiration to anybody in this proccess. And I read your thread with interest and glee that you did not cave in and neither will I.

Once again well done and thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just registered on this site, hoping to find out how to claim back from Lloyds - MJ you've given me real hope and belief that I can do something about this!

I peed my pants laughing at some of your responses - hilarious!!

Clams.... hehehehe

Thank you for standing up for yourself, and in turn for all of us x

15/2/07 Lloyds TSB number 1 account settled in full :D

20/2/07 5% donation to site :) thanks guys!!

My advice or opinion is offered in good faith but without prejudice or liability. It should not be considered as legal advice. If in doubt, seek advice from a qualified legal professional.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure" - Marianne Williamson

Hi

What an inspiration this site is - especially this thread - it's absolutely fantastic.

I have just sent off 2 SARs yesterday by recorded delivery. One to Lloyds for 2 accounts and one to HSBC for my partners account. Lloyds owe me about £1500 and have no idea about HSBC but it should be a tidy sum.

I will definitely be referring to this site to give me guidance - and will hope mjanet will not be offended if others use her letters etc as templates for their own.

MJANET - loved your speech in the bank.

Keep up the good work everybody.

Debbie

Debbie

Lloyds TSB - Subject Access Request for 2 accounts - 27/07/06

26/08/06 - statements received

29/08/06 - preliminary letter sent - account 1 owed £915 plus £70.90 interest = £985.90

account 2 owed £650 plus £79.99 interest = £729.99

18/09/06 - LBA sent - includes extra charges incurred

MCOL filed

Acknowledgement of Service - 04/12/2006

Copy of Lloyds Allocation questionnaire received 12/01/06

My AQ form received 30/01/06

HSBC - Subject Access Request - 27/07/06

05/08/06 statements received

08/08/06 - Preliminary letter - £1388 plus £128.69 interest = £1516.69

25/08/06 - received offer of £1200

29/08/06 - LBA sent

17/09/06 - MCOL submitted - £1875.65 (incl 8% int)

19/09/06 - Notice of Issue received

Full settlement

an absolute classic thread.

hope i am as successful and it has been a great help.

i have a few accounts with £50-£100 charges which i wasnt sure to follow up but after seeing the £25 post i think i will do them all

thanks again

I will definitely be referring to this site to give me guidance - and will hope mjanet will not be offended if others use her letters etc as templates for their own.

Debbie

We are all here to help and support each other , if anyone sees a letter posted anywhere on this site that they want to use then use it .That is why everyone posts them.

I must admit though that not all the letters where my own work

Please do not mark your letters 'without prejudice ' as I had made a mistake by doing this.

• Confused 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

janet, you inspire me, and along with the help of everyone else on here, I've got the strength and confidence to take both Lloyds and some ****** bailiffs right now ! I feel so empowered and I've only been posting for a short while.

You're like my long lost family, I've just found on the Opreh Winfrey show......did we all get lost at birth..lol..I'm just so chuffed to have joined up with you all.

Thanks and well done girl X

Freebird x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

OMG, you are such a star!

I have just joined today and found this thread. I thought I could write letters but this has been the best reading I have ever done.

Libby1971

About to take on LloydsTSB, I think.

We are all here to help and support each other , if anyone sees a letter posted anywhere on this site that they want to use then use it .That is why everyone posts them.

I must admit though that not all the letters where my own work

Please do not mark your letters 'without prejudice ' as I had made a mistake by doing this.

Hi Janet

Hope you do not mind, When new people come on about Lloyds, I have refferred then to your thread

I am Very close now to closing this, Few days ago received a letter from their solicitors, Same as yours I think, so its only a Couple of weeks before its all settled now I feel

Your thread is an inspiration, and I fully agree, the templates, and other letters are only really a guide, and should be adjusted to suit, and basically, sit back and wait until you get a letter back from the financial institutions, but one way or another, they will pay back what they have unlawfully taken

BTW - Well done:p :p

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

God this has given me a laugh LOL. I am almost bursting with excitement now for when we take on Lloyds, just waiting for the statements to arrive for hubby's old account and he was useless with money, so there will be a fair whack I reckon. Well done matey your emails and letters were superb and truly inspirational, shows us all not to be afraid and go for what is rightfully ours, with NO CONDITIONS. Maybe we should start stipulating conditions on how we want the money..."yes I'd like it all in 20p pieces please...." LOL.

CONGRATS. :):):)

My opinions are just that, I will help if I can but I am NOT a professional. If in doubt seek legal advice.

READ THE FAQ'S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON! AS IS THE USER-GUIDE!

My active claims:

Owed £150 from Barclays.

Husbands claims:

Owed £1049 from Lloyds.

Glorious Victories!:

Barclays Joint Account- Settled £823.

HSBC Joint account-Settled £50.

Studio- Settled £80.

HSBC Student account- Settled £560.

Lloyds Credit Card- Settled £72.

Freemans- Settled £40.

Abbey Joint Account- Settled £330.

Waiting till all claims settled then Donation-A-Rama.

:D

Well done Mjanet - I'm going to do a simlar with my claims. Of course, will keep everyone updated on my own threads! (All my threads have un1boy in them!!)

Just a quickie - how did you make a mistake? What does without prejudice mean etc?

Thanks.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Well done Mjanet - I'm going to do a simlar with my claims. Of course, will keep everyone updated on my own threads! (All my threads have un1boy in them!!)

Just a quickie - how did you make a mistake? What does without prejudice mean etc?

Thanks.

Without prejudice means it can't be produced in court ,when in fact if you do end up in court you would want to be able to produce your letters

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

May I also point out that there is no unilateral imposition of confidentiality in these circumstances as you must fully realise and for you to say otherwise is an abusive deception .I will pass any more disinformative correspondence from you to the Law Society who no doubt will decide whether this is a matter of discipline or merely requires more Continuing Education points.

What exactly does this mean? lol

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Sorry, I was being thick - it means that they can't just automatically make you keep it confidential, is that right?

Soz, had a busy day!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

It means that a solicitor cannot deliberately mislead you as to the law when acting for the other side.

In other words whilst they can claim you have no case as their client's position is "whatever" they can't claim that you have no right to pursue their client because the law says so when it doesn't. They can't make statements they know to be false

What exactly does this mean? lol

In plain english .. they where trying to tell me that I was unable to talk about the letter they had sent me as they had marked it ' without prejudice , in confidence etc etc ' when in fact this was totally untrue ,I had signed no confidentiality agreement and NEVER would , so as has already been explained above they are not allowed to mislead on points of law and the law society would take a dim view of it.

• Confused 2

doubts.

Mjanet, my name is andy and i'm in the process of chellenging lloydstsb over their excessive bank charges. I have sent off my request for 6yrs statments, and would appreciate any information or guidance that you could offer me, to assist me with my action.

Regards,

Andy.

Best Regards,

Andy.

Mjanet, my name is andy and i'm in the process of chellenging lloydstsb over their excessive bank charges. I have sent off my request for 6yrs statments, and would appreciate any information or guidance that you could offer me, to assist me with my action.

Regards,

Andy.

Hi Andy, I just replied to you about the Transcript and Sound file on my thread.

But If you follow M Janets thread, My thread, and many others, you will get all the guidence needed, I am in the last stages of M Janets thread in my case, and Waiting for the responce back after my letter back to their solicitors.

Andy please start your own thread where you can ask questions and update it at each stage.You can then get more informed answers and it will save you hi-jacking other threads ,Janet

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

• 4 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks