• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mjanet v lloyds :** WON ** UNCONDITIONALLY

Janet-M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WOW, WTG matey xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love this forum

I love this thread

I love you guys

My inspiration

I feel like I've found a new lease of life

onwards and upwards

Freebird x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Janet. Another one bites the dust.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

MJanet well done you are my new hero :D

Was that daily interest the 8% statutory interest thingy? Or something else?!

Well Done!

Yes the 8% as we where not talking about claiming contractual interest when I put my claim in.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

CONGRATULATIONS

you did fab. Wish you could fight for me... I may use some of your arguements if you don't mind. If I win I will donate to this website...

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

This is one VERY impressive thread, well done MJ!

LLloyds are one of those I intend hitting further down the line (have large overdrafts with them so I want to sort some others first, then use the proceeds to pay off the OD's then claim back again!

Love it!

:D

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

congratulations you did great!!

moderated : all smilies deleted as they link you straight to a spyware site

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

Well done. a BIG UP for the little guys!!!!!

the train of thought has left the station, hope i was on the right platform!!

Lloyds TSB

prelim sent 06/07/06 response rec'd 14/07/06

LBA sent 20/07/06 response rec'd 27/07/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/08/06 Ack'd 30/08/06

Defence filed 26/09/06 AQ filed 12/10/06

hearing set for 10th Jan 2007

Cap One

prelim sent 2nd Nov 2006 First offer rec'd 14th Nov

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

VERY well done mjanet really like your style, this thread will help everyone see it through the end no matter what!:D

THANKS

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Well done for holding out mjanet, you have recovered what is rightfully yours!

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Wow Lloyds TSB are quick .....only 8 working days ........ to say I can't have my money.

6th March Data protection request sent by email

7th March email recieved back saying they recieved it

8th march email recieved (dated 15th march) saying they will send info requested

10th March I sent another D.P.A request by email for my C/C details

10th March email back saying they recieved it

13th March email recieved saying they will send my C/C statements in

conjuction with my bank statement request

14th March bank statements recieved by post / manual intervention notes... no manual intervention when charges deducted

14th March letter before action sent by email , giving them 14 days to

repay me ( yes I know I missed a step , lesson learnt don't do important stuff when 3 kids are playing up around you )

14th March email back saying they recieved it.

15th March standard letter back by email saying ... NO.. refering me to banking ombudsman

15th March email sent saying I will let the courts decide on the legalities of your charges

When the 14 days are up I will start my claim , unless someone thinks because I missed a step I should do something else ?

waiting for my C/C info now but I'm not really exppecting to see any charges on them.

I too sent letter before action before the preliminary approach for payment letter, I used the credit card letters and bank letters in forum without even spotting the approach letter. These letters to CC and Banks just give the 14 days and then start claim against them.

What do I do know as my 14 days are up? Do I have to give them another 14 days and send the approach for payment letter, or can I just go straight in with claim, or write my own letter giving 14 days to respond satisfactorily?

Please help!! :???: What did you do?

Hi please post that question in your own thread where I will answer it please do not hi-jack anyone elses thread ...........

especially not mine :D

edit

If anyone is interested I have answered jimruss here on the welcome forum

• Haha 1

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I have been following this thread, and am delighted at your news. Well done. Most inspiring.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Absolutely rivetting read !!

Well done doesn't sum it up.

You showed these BloodSuckers where to get off !!

Gives me more confidence when I receive Barclays (laughable ) defence

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

Just had a laugh in the bank ...........

Part of the conversation played to a queue of customers, queue growing longer by the minute

Me: I can draw on that cheque right away can’t I with it being a Lloyds cheque

Cashier 1: No, it’s a business account it will take 3 working days

Me: (in a loud voice) but it’s from your solicitors surely you trust your own solicitors to honour a cheque especially when it’s written on behalf of Lloyds

Cashier 2: we have loads of solicitors

Me: So don’t you trust any of them is that what you mean

Cashier 1: Oh do you have a mortgage with us is that what this cheque is for

Me: (in a VERY loud voice) No it’s a cheque to refund all the unlawful bank charges you have been taking from me ,you know when you go overdrawn and the bank starts charging you £35 well I found out they where unlawful charges so your solicitors have just repaid me them all on your behalf .

Cashiers: (silence)

so as far as this statement earlier in the thread I was wrong

it's a Lloyds cheque so it's like cash as in it will clear immediatly

NOW do I email the solicitors and tell me they owe me 30p (aprox ) :rolleyes:

doubts.

Perhaps you should write to Lloyds solicitors and ask them if their cheques are kosha, as Lloyds say by their actions that they cannot be trusted he he

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

Aww I can't really cos all they will do is send me another cheque then the same will happen again etc etc .Would be funny to though but I can't do it :(

I have to accept the claim is settled and behave myself , very hard for me :D

doubts.

Extremely interesting thread, and probably useful for anyone that has problems when dealing through solicitors to settle their claim.

The crazy thing is that its probably cost more in solicitors fees to defend this case than your original claim.

However I would imagine that some banks would make it as difficult as possible for people to regain their money to serve as a deterent.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Aww I can't really cos all they will do is send me another cheque then the same will happen again etc etc .Would be funny to though but I can't do it :(

I have to accept the claim is settled and behave myself , very hard for me :D

Come on Janet you know you want too :D it would be fun :D.........are you weakening :D ......go on then take the money, you deserve it!! ;)

Chris

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

email recieved from solicitors

Without Prejudice - Confidential and Privileged

Dear Madam

Please confirm that you received our letter of 14 July 2006 and the cheque for the sum of £379.73 that was enclosed.

We should be grateful if you would contact the Court to confirm that the case has been settled as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

My reply sent by email

Without Prejudice

Dear Sir ,

I recieved your letter and the cheque .I was about to write to the court today to say the claim was settled until I went to my branch and was informed that they had to wait for the cheque to clear.I explained it was a cheque from their solicitors on behalf of Lloyds and they must realise it would be honoured but they still insisted it was a buisness account and the cheque would have to clear.I think if Lloyds themselves are concerned over the cheque then I to must follow them and wait for the cheque to clear before informing the courts.

I must say though it does seem a very strange relationship between you and your client.

I am not going to be as petty as to inform you that the money is not in my account so the interest is not to date.Instead I am prepared to accept that cheque in full and final settlement of this claim.

As soon as Lloyds themselves are happy that the cheque is honoured and pay the money into my account then I will imediatly inform the court in writing that the claim is settled and send a copy on to yourselves, as you requested

Yours Truly

doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks