• Tweets

• woe SLOWDOWN>   your defence is weeks away. (day 33) no there are no templates as each claim is unique. however, if you use our search top right. for say claimform card you'll see numerous versions people have adapted based upon our std holding/no paperwork defence , one of which, might well be suitable.   get CCA/CPR requests running monday and get AOS done now on mcol, you've already lost 10 of your 19days to do AOS   then get reading up as i detailed above the more you read here the stronger we become   dx      
    • Thanks   Is there any good templates that can be modified for the defence?
    • is this letter entitled letter of claim? and comes with a reply pack?   please scan up your original agreement to ONE multipage PDF read our upload guide carefully 
    • pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site  note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.  then log in to the MCOL Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit MCOL. .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... .[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt] . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • The agreement started 11/02/2019  for 47 monthly hire payments   Threat-o-gram : We are instructed on behalf of Hyundai Capital UK Limited T/a Hyundai Finance Contract Hire.  This is inaccurate, as on my hire agreement it says - Owner Santander Consumer (UK) plc trading as Volvo Car Financial Services. Hyundai must be who this other persons agreement is with.   The only will is: Should you fail to make payment of the outstanding bablnce of £5,000, or alternatively provide realistic payment proposals within the next 30 days, we are instructed to issue County Court proceedings against you for the balance outstanding. Such proceedings will also include claim for costs.   Yes I still have my agreement. 
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Not sure I can take anymore :(

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4452 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thank you both so much I have pm'd you. I really cant thank the kind people who have offered to help. It just goes to show you that there are some genuine caring people in the world.

i don't know if it helps but i work in a charity shop and we were donated some PS2 games (football etc.) we do not sell them but if you would like them let me know! or, i could send them to you and you could sell/exchange them at GAME. maybe worth something!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hiya Vikki

i wish you and the family good fortune and happiness and yes if you can perhaps if you dont feel comfortable in giving us your address what about do you know a business or a friend who has a business near you that we could send our gifts and stuff to, who is willing to accept stuff at their business premises on your behalf, you could say something that you dont want the kids to see the stuff before christmas

just my own thought to keep your address private thats all

pm if you like

take care ciao for now MAZ hugs

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the kind people who have sent me things for the kids. I have started wrapping the presents today. There are still a few bits that I'm saving up for, these are the things that they have been wanting since last year.

Best wishes and thank you for making this christmas happen :)

Vikki and Family

Vicki, give us a list please .. .

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Yes the Santa list. . .

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Doh... Sorry I think its lack of sleep from being up with 4 ill kids all night . Here is the stuff that they have wanted since last christmas.

The cheapest place I have found them all is Argos they are all in stock at the moment so just hoping they will stay that way...

1. Peppa Pig Classroom Playset -£14.59
  2. Jungle In My Pocket Treehouse - £19.49
  3. Thomas Post Office Loader - £14.29
  4. Thomas and Rosie Playset - £9.79
  5. Puppy In My Pocket Pocketville Hospital - £19.54

And that is it. I know they they havent asked for major things but its still expensive when you add them all up.

hey Vikki.. didn't see if you mentioned.. where abouts in the country are you roughly? pm me if you don't want to tell the world ;)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Gosh Vikki, I am so sad to hear that it seems to be acceptable for people to be in your situation. I have been in a similar position, like so many others here (without the kids admittedly) but have been evicted from my home before, and always seemed to be struggling for money for food as noone seems to take the excuse 'I can't afford to eat if you take x amount'. I count myself lucky on coming across this site though, and while I am in no way as clued up as some people here, I am much more aware of my rights than I was this time last year.

I realise it is not going to make things magically better, but I have some bits I could send on to you if you PM me your address.

I hope things get better for you, just remember, you're not alone at all, it took this forum for me to realise that & I think it every time I come here.

So thanks guys!

I managed to get the lights sorted today and one of my friends came round with some presents for the kids. Amongst them were 2 of the things off their christmas list so its a bit less for me to find. Saying that all the places I've looked wont take orders after the 19th and I dont get money in until the 21st.

Here is the updated list for those who have asked. Thanks again, Vikki

1. Jungle In My Pocket Treehouse - £19.49
  2. Thomas Post Office Loader - £14.29
  3. Puppy In My Pocket Pocketville Hospital - £19.54

please PM me with what you haven't got from the list and your address.

I'll make sure one of them gets to you in time for Xmas.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.