There was a rubber band in my food from TESCO!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

I was munching away on a packet on Tesco brand cashews a few days ago when i felt something unexpected in my mouth. I spat it out and disovered it was a small, rather thick rubber band.

To put it lightly, I'm particular about my food (i have a very sensitive stomach) and thinking about where this band came from/where it was before it found it's way into my bag makes me:evil:

Does anyone know what is the procedure for something like this? Can I go to environmental health or something? There is no way this band came from anywhere else, because the process of consumption went like this?

1. Open bag

2. Lay sheet of kitchen towel flat on table

3. Shake out 1/3 of bag of cashews onto towel

4. Take into living room and begin eating

5. Eurgh! there a rubber band in my mouth!

If Tesco were to refute it, how can i prove it was there, can it be tested?

Thanks v much in advance

VF

In the first instance - take the remains of the packet back - with the rubber band to tesco's and speak to customer services.

I have no doubt that they will apologise profusely and make an offer of compensation.

Since there was no real harm done then I wouldnt expect the offer to that significant. although they should refund/replace the bag.as well as compensate you.

It is unlikely they will ask you to prove that the band was, indeed, in the packet - unless you have a habit of taking stuff back under similar circumstances.

During the manufacture of foodstuffs there is always the possibility that contaminants may get in the food - I used to work for kelloggs and all packets used to pass through a metal detector to ensure that no bits of machinery had broken off and entered the product.

• Haha 1