Dilemma - What would you do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In process of defending claim, about six weeks ago submitted amended defence, early last week received Notice of Hearing of the defendant's application for An Order.

Received two days later package from Court which contained my amended defence attached to it was copy of Notice of Hearing of Application, was about to ring court when realised court had sent my copy that should have gone to Claimant's Solicitor.

Clearly court have messed up big time, but my dilemma is should I return to court pointing out the mistake (which was my first thought) OR…

Yes agreed, if this is a genuine error by the court dont try to take advantage of it.

ps. if the claimant had made an error, i probably wouldn't give the same advice:D

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Thanks for advice, think I probably knew the answer before posting.

It would be interesting to know if claimant would do the same thing - they have form - claiming they have not received a number of the letters I've sent (even when I've produced signed proof of delivery) they then claim it went to wrong section.

Will post, recorded, back to court on Monday and will ring and let them know.

Once again, thanks for advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a usual tactic by our "friend" at the Lakes. Request info under CPR, they have written back saying unable to comply until January and they have written to court agreeing for an extension for filing my defence.

Have contacted court and no record of this on court file (however court had backlog of work so it may not have been dealt) - submitted holding defence to be on the safe side.

Has anyone experienced this before?