Flights cancelled by airline - agency fees

wilppu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all! I was so happy to find this forum, maybe someone will be able to assist me with my query...

I was due to fly to Thailand this weekend but due to the current situation in Bangkok the airline has cancelled my flights. The airline has waived all refund fees and has promised a full refund for everyone as the customer should not be penalised in this kind of situation. However, the travel agency I booked the flights from would be giving full refund only if the final destination is Bangkok. Mine is not, and although the connection flight has been cancelled as well the travel agency insists charging me £100 fee if I request refund.

This just doesn't sound reasonable. Any advice?

---

This seems to be what the Travel Agent is using (from the booking confirmation):

Cancellations before departure are subject to an airline cancellation fee of

GBP75 plus an adminstration fee of GBP100. No refund is

possible if you do not cancel your flights beforehand

Gosh, as I'm not cancelling (it's the Airline), what are my rights? If I don't request refund before the flight is due do I loose the whole payment as I didn't request refund (i.e. cancel) "beforehand". I'm really worried as this is a lot of money for me. I've been offered a change to re-schedule the flight but according to the travel agent I would need to do this "before the flight" (which is cancelled), i.e. by tomorrow morning. I can't do this as I need to confirm/book holiday days with my employer before booking.

Edited by wilppu
added information