Estate Agency contract?? Avoided and now chasing me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

As some you are aware repo order granted on my house in May-- anyway avoided actual eviction by mananging to get rid of property ( well under value)-

However- I have to confess to doing something a little naughty-

The Estate agent did very little( my opinion)- he only seemed interested in me lowering price further--

In the end i privately negotiated with someone the agent had introduced 6 weeks before-

This obviously saved me a few thousand in fees and as i'd heavily lost out on forced sale anyway i wasn't bothered at all about bypassing the agent.

However,it is not a matter oftime before i get a summons from the estate agent as they have been calling me non-stop-At the end of the day their very poor.non-existent service is probably not a good enough reason for me bypassing them but i cannot now pay them anything so will have to defend any action-

If anyone has been in similar situation it'd be good to get a heads up on things to come

Hello,

As some you are aware repo order granted on my house in May-- anyway avoided actual eviction by mananging to get rid of property ( well under value)-

However- I have to confess to doing something a little naughty-

The Estate agent did very little( my opinion)- he only seemed interested in me lowering price further--

In the end i privately negotiated with someone the agent had introduced 6 weeks before-

This obviously saved me a few thousand in fees and as i'd heavily lost out on forced sale anyway i wasn't bothered at all about bypassing the agent.

However,it is not a matter oftime before i get a summons from the estate agent as they have been calling me non-stop-At the end of the day their very poor.non-existent service is probably not a good enough reason for me bypassing them but i cannot now pay them anything so will have to defend any action-

If anyone has been in similar situation it'd be good to get a heads up on things to come

What are they actually pursuing you for?

Have they actually made a court claim against you?

what are the POC?

I have read another thread on the same thing. If i find it i'll post it up but from what i can remember the acutally went to court and the agents won, i'm afraid

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

No such thing as a stupid question

POC = Particulars of Claim, what they would put on the court papers should they take it through the courts.

Did you dispute the quality of their service, or their fees prior to the sale of the house?

Did you terminate the agreement with them prior to the sale of the property?

I wouldn't worry too much about a Debt Collector, if the debt is enforceable they can only take you to court and make you pay installments based on what you can reasonably afford.

Just to reiterate the previous questions.

Did you dispute the quality of their service, or their fees prior to the sale of the house?

Did you terminate the agreement with them prior to the sale of the property?

Thanks- In answer to the questions:

verbally i did tell them that i wasn't happy that all they seemed to be interested in was securing any old price just to secure their commision

the tie-in period came to an end after 16weeks and then i terminated-but sold house a week after with private negotiation between me & buyer...

so legally ,i am screwed as their contract stipulated that if house sold after contract to someone they had previously introduced then liable for fee...problem is we don't have it!!

At the end of the day, the very worst case scenario is:

If they take you to court and win, then a judge would set a repayment plan that you can reasonably afford.

Unfortunately verbal communications are difficult to confirm, it proves the point of ensuring all communications should be made in writing.

I would suggest that if the contract with the estate agents ran to its conclusion, then as you say, there is little you can do.

However, if you terminated the agreement early due to the quality of their service, then any clause held in the agreement would also be null and void