Combined Parking Solutions wins another case, this time in Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bookworm, you need to read more of the books instead of the back cover :)

The sherrifs court deals with small, summaray and ordinary cause cases .. This was a summary cause (over 3k in tickets)

There is no need to get sarcastic over what was a legitimate question, I am not very au fait with the Scottish system, I wasn't aware that the Sheriff's courts dealt with more than small claims, hence my question. :rolleyes:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is there really any need for personal insults?

opinions on the site will obviously differ as they do in court. Even in the house of lords there often lawlords that dissent to the prevailign judgement.

can we at least refrain from personal attacks?

Sorry bookworm, no personal attack meant but your post seemed to indicate you knew the subject matter, and as a site team member I thought you would you would only post when sure if facts.

I hope my response has answered question, and again sorry if you felt it was an insult, that was not my intention.

Site team member where? I stopped being one months ago (July), I therefore find it surprising you should call me one, for someone who only registered in November, that's odd. :-?

Besides, a site team member doesn't know everything about everything (I believe even Albert Einstein's knowledge of Italian cooking was lacking! :razz:), they are usually chosen for various qualities, dedication to help being the upmost quality, and all of them always happy to learn something new.

Site team member where? I stopped being one months ago (July), I therefore find it surprising you should call me one, for someone who only registered in November, that's odd. :-?

I think the term is known as 'Busted'! - lol :D

is there really any need for personal insults?

I think that if when one member asks a direct question, we could see the other member answer directly (without emotional intervention) then I think we will progress the discussed subject matter in a more concise and useful manor.

I think the term is known as 'Busted'! - lol :grin:

Sorry, WebFerret, You're way off the mark. Bookie resigned. She certainly was not pushed.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Sorry, WebFerret, You're way off the mark. Bookie resigned. She certainly was not pushed.

Rooster, WebFerret wasn't referring to Bookworm as being "busted" off the site team. He was referring to englishsummer as being an alledgedly new member in November but knowing Bookworm was on the site team prior to July. i.e. Busted! :D

Rooster, WebFerret wasn't referring to Bookworm as being "busted" off the site team. He was referring to englishsummer as being an alledgedly new member in November but knowing Bookworm was on the site team prior to July. i.e. Busted! :D

Precisely - thanks crem :p

OMG, I see this thread has been picked up by pepipoo so I suspect hijacking at any moment which is a shame.

The conspiricy theory now is (1) defendant could not speak English all the way to (2) he never tuned up to (3) the case was cherry picked.

I can assure you all that he could speak English, he did turn up and he was cherry picked the same way as any case is picked.

2 cases, all from the same site - in fairness looking back I agree with the comments made.

Case 7QZ54950, poulter - bury saint Edmonds cc

Case 7QZ32226, cooper - Milton Keynes

Both cases stated signage was not clear, a health centre and commercial building on same site but different parking areas, our old signage stating authorized persons only .. They were visiting health centre so presumed authorized as on same land and no clear boundary.. The commercial centre and health centre had not put up their own signs at time of issue.

Self managed site, both tickets issued in first few days of opening.

why would it be listed there?

Only judgement issues in the court of session and high court are listed.

If anyone thinks this is another made up case (really, some people need to get a grip) then a call to the court will answer all, or you could attend the costs hearing on 7th Jan in paisley.

One thought, freakyleaky stated he was going to call the court today to confirm, I presume he stuck to his word and did so

It is therefore reasonable for that person, upon receipt of the ticket to write in with copy of purchase recepit stating the same and it would get cancelled if not by the ppc then def by the store anything else is crazy.

Why? What validity does that have?

it is perfectly possible to be a customer without purchasing anything. In fact, if you stop to look at other non-parking threads on the forum, it is quite possible for 3 hrs to be used up by a customer complaining...

If anyone thinks this is another made up case (really, some people need to get a grip) then a call to the court will answer all, or you could attend the costs hearing on 7th Jan in paisley.

Is this the diet of proof hearing?

Originally Posted by englishsummer

It is therefore reasonable for that person, upon receipt of the ticket to write in with copy of purchase recepit stating the same and it would get cancelled if not by the ppc then def by the store anything else is crazy.

Why? What validity does that have?

it is perfectly possible to be a customer without purchasing anything. In fact, if you stop to look at other non-parking threads on the forum, it is quite possible for 3 hrs to be used up by a customer complaining...

More to the point, why the hell should you even have to?

I think freakyleaky is either telling lies or he didn't explain himself to the court.

There is no doubt it took place as it was listed on the scotscourt website for a summary proof hearing .. Suggest you retry again and speak with someone else at the court.

You could also ask them to check list for diet of assessments listed for 7th jan and you will see combined v bortkiewicz listed for pursuers costs as we won.

There is no doubt it took place as it was listed on the scotscourt website for a summary proof hearing .. Suggest you retry again and speak with someone else at the court.

Really? I have looked through the records for November and can find no reference whatsoever. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide us with a link??

• 2 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks