Combined Parking Solutions wins another case, this time in Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just returned from a day out at Paisley Sherrifs Court in which a case numbered SC/160-08 Combined Parking Solutions -v- Krystof Byrkwich had a full hearing as a summary cause action.

The proof hearing lasted 3hours and the defendant had listened to forums such as this and also following the advice of a leading road traffic lawyer in Scotland who basically said PPC invoices were worthless etc.

The Sunday Mail in Scotland had been doubt articles recently about PPCs (google Sunday mail private parking) and you will see article.

Well this defendant racked up over 30tickets in various carparks - not just combined parking but thanks to the PPC database other tickets were also discovered.

Well the outcome was victory for CPS, he was ordered to pay 3240 for the tickets plus all legal costs (proof diet set for jan 7th) but will be around 2k with everyones expenses.

So a few tickets by someone who thought they were worthless is tonight approx £5500 out of pocket

I am sure you will all be glad of the news that private parking tickets are valid and legal in Scotland, with companies working together more cases are going to court and sucsess is coming.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no different from the Scottish case a few years back where a student racked up 50 / 100 tickets and lost big time. You can't go about just using private land as a free car park time and time again, and we have never condoned such actions.

A different case from the usual. To put it in perspective, Excel lost another one last week on the usual arguments.

Not sure what this guy in this case has has got to do with us though - we've never seen him on the forum.

I'm not sure how you managed to rack up 2k in expenses though - my company won £4,000 at court on a small claims case last week after outlaying about £400. If I was £5k down, I think I'd rather take the CCJ and avoid the bailiffs, knowing that you were 2 grand down. The contents of my half of the flat plus car aren't worth anywhere near 5 grand!!

us making him bankrupt and losing his house

Steady on - he's not going to lose his house. A Charging Order would gain you £5k+ on the value of the house once sold, but it could be 5, 10, 50 years before you'd get that.

Kitpower, with respect, you don't understand the issuues as your last post clearly demonstrated.

Excel, I agree I can't see why they keep losing - schoolboy errors, repeated time and time again.

Al27, what student case are you ok about ??? Please explain with your knowledge of it ???

tut tut english ,, in fact i do know what i am talking about, as i told perky before it what your lot dont see is what should concern you, still watch in the new year when questions are being asked "across the house" by MP's and the demands for new law's concerning the PPC scams,

You did miss an event, was very interesting from a legal viewpoint - the defendant looked gutted .. He runs risk, if not paid of us making him bankrupt and losing his house

God, you are such nice people. You've sure made that guy's Christmas. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Once again Perky et al spend a disproportionate amount of time and money to clock up a handful of 'victories' to convince potential new clients their services are worth signing up for.

Englishsummer - what percentage of all the tickets your company has ever issued remain unpaid ?

God, you are such nice people. You've sure made that guy's Christmas. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Angela, the defendant was the author of his own misfortune .. He kept parking on sites, he kept ignoring the letters and charges thinking he was above the law, thinking they would just go away - so there is no reason to have any sympathy with him.

Electron, all work spent on this case is fully payable by the defendant in this case - thanks to the PPC database the work was minimal and the Scottish lawyers did the rest and the defendant will be paying their bill.

I don't know exact numbers and even if I did it would not be something to state.

The general guide is approx 5% are not collected on for various reasons, I can't comment on other companies as they have different methods of collection and some do not enforce via the courts, therefore they may have a higher unpaid rate.

I don't know exact numbers and even if I did it would not be something to state.

Sorry I assumed it was your own business and therefore you would know the exact figures. Why on earth would you not want to state the figure if you knew it anyway? I can only assume it is because the real figure is significantly higher than 5%

I can't comment on other companies as they have different methods of collection and some do not enforce via the courts, therefore they may have a higher unpaid rate.

You wern't asked about other companies.

I cannot accept that the figure of 5% is correct.

I suspect that in excess of 50% of invoices a PPC issues remain unpaid.

This does mean that if you ignore an invoice the odds are stacked in your favour that you will not be taken to court; and when you factor in the percentage of court cases a PPC looses, the odds for the motorist are very good.

Al27, what student case are you ok about ??? Please explain with your knowledge of it ???

I'll try and find some details about it, but I can't remember off the top of my head. It was a student who parked on university property time and time again and made it clear to the university that there was nothing they could do and continued. This was back in 2000 or 2001 I think.

You're never going to enamour yourself to a judge with that attitude.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks