looking to reclaim barclaycard and mastercard charges

michael1703
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, i am intending to reclaim my (extortional) barclaycard and mastercard charges, i thought i could send one letter with a payment of £10 to get statements for both accounts but since searching through here, theres lots of talk of microfiches which have individual prices

is that currently how its done or can the £10 cheque still work?

i know they can go back 6 years, but i have ten years worth, is there anything that can be done about older charges?

theres lots of addresses listed for barclaycard, is pavillion drive or churchill place the best to send to?

sorry for the idiot questions, but this forum has so much info and my eyes cant manage pc monitors for too long and the 90 minutes ive spent are giving me a headache!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

so ive gone through my statements, i'll categorize the charges to each account (matercard+barclaycard) but my question is, what can i claim for and how i go about wording it

there are late payment charges,over credit limit charges,exceeded limit charges,returned DD fee charges

I sent mine to northampton, one letter with two seperate figures (one mc on visa) and i cant believe it but i got a letter back agreeing to repay the charges as a gesture of goodwill! They wont accept that they were unfair in the first place though. total of £400+

they still have yet to produce a cca and are insisting that the t&c'sthey sent fulfill my request.

Good result but it wont do me any good as they are applying it to my account-but it is my first victory!!

cas

my charges come to £1580, which is about what ive owed on the cards for years

it will be good to pay them off as i havent used the cards in 4 years and only got into debt with them as i was off work as i was in plaster for 8 weeks

i've wrote my letter using the template and i'm writing up a list of charges