Good Afternoon me and my debts

lowwill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lowill

Do not worry about Lowells. They are not nicknamed the Leeds Losers for nothing on this forum. They talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. The vast majotity of people who have taken them on here have soundly defeated them.

There response to your CCA request will be the usual guff ''We have contacted our clients and hope to have it for you soon''

Then after about a fortnight you will receive a wonderful once in a lifetime offer of a 60% discount.

A week later they will repeat this once in a lifetime offer again before eventually thowing in the towel.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the first reply has returned already, must say it is very quick, only made the request on Saturday.

It is from Cabot Financial and reads;

Quote from letter "We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77 and/or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Cabot Financial Group is not obliged to provide this information but we are pleased to help and have already requested the documentation for you from the original lender.

Cabot Financial does not accept the statuory fee required under section 77 and/or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and has returned the fee for £1.00 that you have sent.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

We anticipate that we will be able to provide this information within 12 days. In the event we are unlikely to obtain this information within those time limits, we will write to you again.

If you have any queries about your account or any payment options, call one of our helpful customer advisors on xyz, etc etc." End of letter quote.

Well guys what happens next please?

Bog standard nonsense from Crapbot.

They ARE obliged to provide this information. They are obviously ignorant, just plain stupid or downright LIARS.

They really need to aquaint themselves with S 175 and 189 of the CCA 1974 if we are to beleive its the first two reasons.

Well guys what happens next please?

Hi Lowwill

Two weeks after getting this letter, they will write again but this time they will "as a gesture of goodwill" put your account on hold followed by another one apologising that it's taken XX days so far and they're still trying (very) to get your agreement.

It's all standard computer printouts.

I'm at the stage of 24 days since request and i've not heard from them since 20th november. I'm starting to get bored now:D

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Lowwill, how are u doing? I had reply from Cabot today - will post it in my thread in full in a mo (am in mid of trying to get youngest to bed lol) but it basically said that they still hadnt found agreement and were ceasing collections of payments on my acc until they could provide the agreement for me - so you see, there really is prob nothing for you to worry about as fox (& others have told you)! It has only been about a month since i sent them the 1st letter re cca request. Good luck & take care for now.

Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

Well today has brought another reply to my request for a CCA this time from Marlin Financial Services. They, unlike Cabot actually kept my £1.00 postal order but their letter contains the following;

"We refer to the above matter (account number etc) and in particular to your recent letter in our office dated 28th November 2008, your comments have been noted.

We do not currently hold a copy of your agreement however we have applied to HFC Bank plc for a copy and we will forward this on to you upon receipt." End

At least at this point it is not threatening..........yet.

HI Lowwill

You will find that whilst they're looking for the CCA that they are reasonably pleasant(well that's what I've found). Once they give up and sell the debt on it gets nasty.

I got my latest letter from Crapbot today. I thought it might be the throwing in the towel one but no, they're still looking.

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Sorry wrong thread :rolleyes:

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

lowill

the following web link, maintained by a thoroughly resourceful chap, who looks like he has Cabot on the run, can be found here: Cabot Financial - How they treat one of their customers.

I like the 'personalities' tab on the left hand side

Enjoy - It really is very good

Cheers, Vex

Edited by vexlitigant
poor grammar

If my advice or input has helped, by all means tip my scales

Lowell are still waiting for my original creditor to find my CCA. They assure me that they will have it to me soon, but in the meantime, if I would like to be amicable they will accept £1500 instead of the full £3800 as a full and final settlement. Sounds like they are certain that it will turn up, eh? Hope you are keeping your spirits up, don't let them get to you. So much hot air, so little real action....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sabrina xx

Just got home and there waiting for me is the inevitable etter from Lowell Financial.

Usual opening about requesting CCA and that they are requesting a copy from the original lender, and will hope to get in touch in the 12 day period but will write if that is difficult and greater than the prescribed period.

Not sure if the timing will be that good given that they, I think, purchased it from some outfit called Compucredit.

Just have to wait and see I guess.

Yet another letter today and I must confess I find this one a little more disconcerting. It is from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd and the content is;

"We are continuing to seek to obtain a copy of the CCA you have requested. Our systems provide for reviews to be sent to our client on a regular basis and this we are continuing to do. I will contact you again just as soon as the agreement has been made available to ourselves and confirm that at this stage the account has been placed on hold and that we will not seek to enforce the debt until such time as the agreement is obtained.

In the meantime however we believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that any potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to any court action or further investigation. Please could you give an indication of the information you will be providing when giving evidence to the court or providing to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of the account.

Please could you provide this information by return. We believe that this is a simple request that will assist in ensuring that all possible areas of dispute are identified as quickly as possible and potential costs and delays kept to a minimum level.

I thank you for you (their spelling) assistance and patience in this regard.

Mrs K Murray. Operational Support Supervisor."

Overall I'm not too sure what on earth they are getting at, it all seems over the top and rather pretentious. But I'm sure someone here will help and advise me please.

Devious gits, ignore them.

They are being way too presumptuous in hinting at possible legal action, without that CCA it's never going to happen. So why put yourself out and furnish them with anything for a court case that may never see the light of day?

Another one for the ignore pile. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Hi lowwill,

Totally ignore it. I've seen a few of those on the forum and they are fishing for information. You haven't said you're going to court so why are they asking, worried?

The only dispute is that they haven't provided your agreement yet (if at all)

If you were defending yourself in a criminal trial, would you give the prosecution your evidence before they had provided theirs. Didn't think so, so don't worry about it.

fox

• Haha 1

They are F.O.S.

Ignore that 'invitation' to get sucked in.

They have no right to information that you will not have built up or considered using at this stage.

Silver said it - they are fishing. Avoid the bait

If my advice or input has helped, by all means tip my scales

This is Morecrap's usual balderdash. They are so full of sh!t that they are like a septic tank. You are under NO legal obligation to even respond to their puerile letter. File under IGNORE. What a sad bunch of losers.

Don't take this as advice, but I'd be inclined to respond by saying something like, "You're correct to assume I may consider applying to the courts to have this matter resolved. I can assure you that all the evidence I will be relying on is the very letters you have been sending me so far - I trust you kept copies yourself?"

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening guys the latest update in my personal saga, the first bit is a little convoluted and I apologise.

With regard to Cabot Financial, prior to joining this group I sent off a budget sheet to them, with a letter from my doctor and an explanation of my circumstances. Their reply was very negative and then they further replied accepting my offer. Within 5 days another letter appeared threatening me with court and all manner of things at which point I joined this forum. Following advice I sent my pound postal order and requested the CCA, they responded by returning my PO and advising me they would try and get it (see previous posts.) On Saturday they sent me a letter making reference to my offer with the words " we are taking this opportunity to send you a gentle reminder that what with the festive season your payment may be held up" with the caveat that if I don't pay it then the plan will be cancelled, however no reference to the CCA request.

Any advice please?

2nd piece of information; Arrived home today and a letter from Lowell Financial. It reads; Following your request to be provided with a copy of the original credit agreement in respect of the CCA - we have requested it be retrieved from the archive. Once it is retrieved you will be required to repay the outstanding balance in full. If necessary we may initiate legal proceedings which could eventually see your oustanding balance increase due to court costs and interest.

In an attempt to resolve the matter etc etc etc as long as the payment of £xxxx is paid by 00/12/08 we are prepared to accept £ooooo in full and final settlement. If this is not received within the time frame we reserve the right to proceed to collect the full amount.

Ayn other views please?

Just the usual templated rubbish.

Crapbot usually return the PO for reasons known only to themselves. It means nothing, and your request is still as valid as ever. Crapbot also interpret the CCA 1974 and other relevant laws to suit themselves, no matter how preposterous their interpretation may be.

Clownell always say they have requested the document to be retrieved from the archive. Then, they offer reduced full and final settlements, which, translated into English, mean "we are screwed without the agreement, but we are going to try to con you into making a charitable donation to us before we give up the ghost." Ignore this con trick, and the Clownell towel will soon be thrown in.

Crapbot are far more tenacious and difficult to shift. Worry about them when they produce an agreement or a court claim. For now, just wait.

SH

• Haha 1