BOS threatening doorstep collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Won't speak to BOS on the phone, so they are now threatening to send 'a third party agent' to call on me at home and charge me for the privelege! How likely are they to actually do this? I know it's often an idle threat, but not always - has anyone had a visit from these jerks?

Does anyone have an address for BOS retail collections that isn't a P O box, or maybe a fax number? Want to send them the letter withdrawing their right to enter my property (the torte of trepass one) - would a P O box address suffice for this?

Hi in respect of:

Won't speak to BOS on the phone, so they are now threatening to send 'a third party agent' to call on me at home and charge me for the privelege! How likely are they to actually do this? I know it's often an idle threat, but not always - has anyone had a visit from these jerks?

Send this to the tossers.

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

Yours sincerely,

all the best dpick

Thanks, Firkin - best of luck to you and your husband, too. I'll keep this thread updated if there are any developments.

I'm not so worried about sending them off with their tail between their legs if they show up - I'm more than capable of that:D - it's just the embarrassment of your neighbours knowing your private business that I dread. Mind you, my immediate neighbours are lovely and would probably be sympathetic....

What are you doing on the computer. Get yourself to bed with a hot toddy, lemsip and a hot water bottle you poor thing. Ah yes them pink pigs from MBNA- I reckon they have taken a picture of one of their phone monkeys and put it on these letters- the personal touch:D

• Haha 1

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Lol, that's the second time you've made me laugh out loud, Fedup; you are a tonic.

Not sure that smiley little pink piggy can work for MBNA though - he looks far too genial:D

A hot toddy sounds a very good idea; will toddle off on my wobbly legs to make one, methinks.

Hope you're feeling better Underdog. Check out the OFT guidance on Debt collection, particularly Section 2 part 2.6 j - "acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either deliberately or through lack of care..." The full guidance document can be downloaded frm the OFT website, very interesting reading!!!:-D

• Haha 1

Firkin :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

hiya underdog

oh dear another mutual creditor,,,,,:shock: oh shock horror...lol

ive just sent a scathing harassment letter so am waiting now on the doorstop visit so will be winging out the dpick letter pretty soon im sure

im in awe of all these creditors, i cant believe we get all sorts thrown at us and be fobbed off with the usual threats,,,

its no surprise to me that the country is slowing waking up and we must react

anyway subbing to this thread of yours, and keep happy

laters angel x

see you on the next thread,,,hahahahh

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hiya Angel - another cred in common; we made all the same mistakes, didn't we?:D Wonder if we'll get a doorstep call from the same thug, lol? If he shows up before christmas, I'll give him a card and tell him to pass it on to angel - he'll think I'm a nutter and beat a hasty retreat: that's one way to get rid of 'em.

Keep us posted on any results your letter gets; always assuming they can actually read - is it just me or does anyone else half expect to get a letter scrawled in crayon from them one day?

Be lucky - see you on the next thread:D