Cant pay Lloyds loan until 2009

deanmotley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im hoping for some advice.

After a terrible 4 years of unemployment and other things in England i moved to canada in June and married a canadian citizen.

I have a Lloyds TSB loan that i have kept up the repayments on,but due to the immigration dept backlog in canada i cannot get a work permit until Feb/Mar 09.

I spoke to Lloyds this morning and explained the situation and they just threatened me with debt collectors.I told them i wasnt running away from my responsiblities and that i hadnt missed a loan payment in 21 years and that Im caught in a situation that is not my fault,but basically they didnt want to know.

I explained to them that their debt collectors have no powers in Canada and Im trying to work out a solution rather than running away from the situation but they didnt seem to want to help me and just ended up transfering me to the main switchboard for no reason.

After 25 years with them,i really dont want to mess up my account and it would be the easiest thing in the world to just disapear from the radar.

Any suggestions would be welcome...thanks

I know what my suggestion would be, but write to their head office and address the letter to whomever and ,maybe you will get someone with more sense that a phone drone.

failing that just start to repay them when you are able and if they hit you with charges after you requested help, claim them back

I know what my suggestion would be, but write to their head office and address the letter to whomever and ,maybe you will get someone with more sense that a phone drone.

failing that just start to repay them when you are able and if they hit you with charges after you requested help, claim them back

thanks,after 4 years of chasing charges and also the mega hassle they gave me over the Zoom Airlines collapse refund,its very tempting to say "do what you like and kiss my ###" but my initial attempts at being communicative and reasonable have left me thinking why did i bother...