• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Crapstone ...you mentioned in your post, the block building insurance...are you on it ?? i know i am. A thought has popped into my head..!!!

B-o-2

I remortgaged from Nationwide to SPML in 2003 and the broker put us on block insurance that I neither needed or wanted. It took months to sort out despite giving them more than adequate proof of my own insurance and each year it has been the same again. They charge £100 to check that your own insurance is to their standard and they have rejected some policies I've sent as being 'unreadable' when faxed by myself and the insurance company and 'lost' when sent to them by recorded delivery.

They then start to add their own insurance fees. In the event of trying to claim on either insurance with 2 policies running I'd imagine it would be a nightmare to get either of them to pay anything other than to the mortgage company.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but hopefully just sharing my experience with these idiots. My last post was just to say what I had been through so far with them and to let everyone know they are not on their own.

I have some legal and economics experience, (I wished I'd had them when I took out the mortgage!) and have managed to battle my way through on my own and I know where I am going to from here, although their statements have given me a major headache trying to work through them.

In my case, SPML/Capstone refused to provide a list of fees to the Ombudsman and as a result they couldn't rule that they were fair or unfair. By refusing and not providing the tarriff of charges the Ombudsman ruled that SPML had not justified them and so were unfair.

Also, it was found that SMPL had agreed to the courts decision that £50 would be paid on top of usual payments to clear the arrears. By adding fees they had breached that and shouldn't have agreed to the £50 payment if they knew it wouldn't all go towards the arrears but instead would be swallowed up 'extras'. In other words they had the opportunity to say how much would be needed to reduce the arrears in court but they didn't and agreed to an amount they knew wouldn't touch them and lead me more into debt with them.

Hopefully that makes sense. Like other people reading this I tried to seek legal advice in the beginning but didn't find anyone that knew enough about sub-prime mortgages and how they work. It was just a fob off that you have to tow their line as you signed the contract and are at their mercy.

So I have to chuckle at the regular consumer advice to approach your lender and ask for this and that.... Say this in court and say that... They have no idea what is going on and the Judges are just that -Judges-. Judges are not economic experts and just want to go home after dealing with us 'silly' people that have signed up for a lifetime of misery but it's far easier to forget the other side of the arguement and use the rubber stamp in favour of Goliath.

Rant over.

I'm more than happy to respond off-board regarding the Ombusmans decision in full and all my points of contact so far.

Best regards,

Crapstone.

I would say if you have any points of contention on an account with SPML or their associates to follow up the complaints process and then go the Ombudsman even if you think it's a minor complaint that hasn't been put right.

Whilst the account is in dispute it makes it very difficult for them to take you to court for repossession even if you already have one suspended. And as it's taken me 2 years to get a final decision from the Ombudsman it's obviously a lengthy process.

Without saying very much that should speak for itself. Time.

I remortgaged from Nationwide to SPML in 2003 and the broker put us on block insurance that I neither needed or wanted. It took months to sort out despite giving them more than adequate proof of my own insurance and each year it has been the same again. They charge £100 to check that your own insurance is to their standard and they have rejected some policies I've sent as being 'unreadable' when faxed by myself and the insurance company and 'lost' when sent to them by recorded delivery.

Welcome to my world - albiet with a different company.

Also, it was found that SMPL had agreed to the courts decision that £50 would be paid on top of usual payments to clear the arrears. By adding fees they had breached that and shouldn't have agreed to the £50 payment if they knew it wouldn't all go towards the arrears but instead would be swallowed up 'extras'. In other words they had the opportunity to say how much would be needed to reduce the arrears in court but they didn't and agreed to an amount they knew wouldn't touch them and lead me more into debt with them.

Hopefully that makes sense. (snip)

I'm more than happy to respond off-board regarding the Ombusmans decision in full and all my points of contact so far.

Best regards,

Crapstone.

I'm in the situation you describe with them, and about to take them to task. I'd be grateful for anything you can PM me on it.

Cheers

In knowledge lies wisdom

Mo - not even a bar-stool lawyer, but I'll help where I can...

my case is complicated, my husband never told me so I was evicted overnight, he said it was because I had chronic arthritus and my termanally ill mother was living with us. Going to send an s.a.r. to find out exactly situation. They have sold my home too cheap, I told them it was a listed building, they ignored me, new people having to reinstate old chimneys etc.

An offer had been put forward for 25,000 over the price offered in a private notice, but something very dodgy the guy who wanted to buy

never received confirmation of his offer from mortgage lender, only the letter confirming the offer. He told me the estate agent tried to put him of buying the property, contacted my husband to ask was the property listed, estate agent had no idea, to cut a long story short, my property was left by bailiff or estate agent unsecured, paint was missing (we had four storage units so no idea if anything else is missing) squarters could have moved in, it was my home four 24 years. I was told it was my fault as I should have taken them the night of the court case, I was told around 4.30pm, collapsed and taken to my sisters have not been able to return, my mum has been in an out of hospital and said this is the worse thing that has happened to her, which is so upsetting as she has lung cancer, an anurism and brittle bones, yet she was so brave and with my family yet this has destroyed her. The solicitors of LMC have more or less said I am a liar and I must have known. My husband sat outside our home

for over an hour before he told me, he was grey and I know he had two choses and we all know the other chose he had.

He had no legal rep with him, they would not let him add arreas to mortgage, would only agree to an amount that was impossible for him to meet. Anyone out there can give advise would be gratefull, I know 1st step is the s.a.r but I also feel that they have a duty of care to sell my home at a reasonalbe price, not 150.000 less or at least let me try to sell ourselves.

If I had of known of this I would have looked at all my options and not spleeping on people sofa's in acute agony.

Agatha c,

Welcome to the forum!

I was very sorry to read about your problems in your post

However,you have come to the right place and we should be able to help you here.

In reply to your post:

The lender has a duty to sell at the best price.

You need to telll us more details and if you prefer,please feel free to send me a PM.

I will then send you back a suggested reply to use.

Jesus These People.

Preying On The Vulnerable Or What?

When You Touts Read This Go Hang Yourselves (not Your Heads In Shame) I Really Mean Hang Yourselves. Go And Get Real Jobs That Don't F**k People Over. What An Absolute Disgrace. Probably Manufactured Charges At That.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Agatha C.r

You should have had some notice and it seems your husband has to take some of the blame for keeping it from you for so long and not contacting them. I was 'kept in the dark' but eventually I did see a letter and took action to fight them despite my partners 'head in the sand' attitude.

Purely my own fault, I signed the contract and had a duty to make sure it was paid and made the assumption that it was. You too need to take some of the blame as you are well enough to post her and complain.

However if your post is being concealed that is illegal as you should have had notice prior to being evicted and ample chance to put your case to the mortgage company or the court if you have an interest in the property and a pretty good case to stay if you have severe illness.

Your first step should be to get all the concealed letters from your husband and then do an SAR or perhaps report him to the police. One of the last letters sent is open to any occupiers of the property and that's how I found out. All other mail had been redirected to another property . You need to get hold of a copy of the legal paper as it's not a 1 step automatic hearing before being evicted.

You list a whole lot of health problems and 'missing paint' . They do have a duty of care to sell your house but you haven't given the arrears or fees charged or the value of your house. Your case doesn't ring true for some reason.

OP much of what you say indicates that you been badly treated by everyone including the courts however your so far down the road & need prompt (active) assistance I suggest you seek legal help direct from a legal aid lawyer asap

Back in court end of april,order states payments to be made mid and end of march,hearing date to sort out payment of arrears.

So been to LR,court dont know what the hell im on about,cant afford a solicitor...what next steps can I take?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

Hi Littledotty,

Write out concisely and clearly your point to make sure that the judge understands - it seems he is already in agreement with you that something is not quite right about the LR so he will be conducive to trying to understand your point. Try it along these lines:

First, the register is wrong. It is wrong because SPML have filed an incorrect mortgage deed against your property. The register must be wrong because you did not sign a mortgage deed dated XXX and you did not sign a mortgage deed for £50K - therefore, the charge that is registered against your property is an incorrect entry. Accordingly, SPML cannot maintain an action against you based on an incorrect entry on the LR. In view of these fact, you request that the court to order that SPML evidence the ORIGINAL mortgage deed and in the event that SPML fail to evidence the ORIGINAL mortgage deed, that this claim be struck out for failure to prove its claim. (Note: if SPML cannot evidence YOUR original mortgage deed, then they have no deed to assert against you and therefore no claim).

In the alternatively, if SPML want to maintain that the LR is correct and/or the court allows SPML to proceed on the assumption that the LR is correct, then you request that the court make a declaration in a court order to declare that in accordance with the LR, that the mortgage advanced against your property is £50K and that your mortgage account is recalculated in accordance with that deed that is filed against your property. (That should shake them up!!! this one could work for you!!)

Second - in any event, even if SPML do evidence the original mortgage deed, SPML do not have a claim against you because SPML have sold your mortgage to Eurosail. Therefore, the register is also incorrect because Eurosail are the legal owners of your mortgage. The LRA 2002 s.27(3) and (4) mandates that following SPML's transfer and assignment of the mortgage to Eurosail, the law requires that Eurosail must be registered as the proprietor of the mortgage at the LR. As Eurosail are the legal owners of your mortgage, they should be, but are not yet, registered as the proprietor of the mortgage at the LR. It also follows from these fact that you are not in privity of contract with SPML given that SPML have transferred and assigned its title to the mortgage to Eurosail. It follows from these facts that at law, only Eurosail have the legal standing to bring claim against you which means that SPML have no lawful grounds on which to ground a claim against you as you are not in privity of contract with SPML. (Use the prospectus to prove this factual point re the transfer/assignment of your mortgage).

For these two reasons, the LR is inaccurate and incorrect and accordingly, SPML cannot maintain an action against you based on inaccurate and incorrect entries on the LR. Additionally, SPML cannot maintain an action against you on the grounds that you are not in privity of contract with SPML.

Accordingly, SPML are put to strict proof to prove that they are (1) in possession of the ORIGINAL mortgage deed and therefore, you request that the court order that SPML make available for the court, the ORIGINAL mortgage deed and (2) that the representations made in the Eurosail prospectus that testify to SPML's sale of the mortgage to Eurosail is not true. In the event that the prospectus is not true, then SPML maybe the lawful owner. (Note: making SPML prove that the propectus is not true puts them to a real burden - they can't go against what the prospectus said - they'd be admitted to fraudulent misrepresentation - they may bring up the "we only sold the equitable interest" crap - but see my previous posts on that issue so that you have the answer to that nonsense ready).

In the event that SPML fail to prove that they have lawful grounds to bring claim against you, that the claim is struck. In the alternative, in the event that the court does not order any correction to the LR, that the court declare that the advance against your property is £50K in accordance with the entry on the LR and order that your mortgage account is re-caluculated on that amount as in accordance with that LR entry.

(Note: You do not want them to merely evidence a certified true copy of the deed - you want to see the ORIGINAL document that you signed - they must have actual possession of the ORIGINAL mortgage deed if they wish to assert the deed against you.)

Remember littledotty, I am not a qualified lawyer and therefore, this is just a suggestion based on the information as I remember and understand it - so ignor it or adapt it as is necessary to be factually correct. Hope it helps you move forward.

Edited by supersleuth
  • Haha 1

Just had a thought!! not been many of them at late :lol:

When spml responded to our witness statement,they said that our contract was not a contract but a mortgage offer.

We obtained our contract from solicitors archives.

So,if its not our contract and that is the only copy that spml have produced....could it be there is no contract?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

Sorry if I have missed it, but has it been established that it is the mortgage and not just the charge that has been transferred to Eurosail ?

Suetonis, do Explain!? What do you classify as being a "mortgage" and what do you classify as being a "charge"? And could you let us know what you understand as being the difference between the two?

Littledotty, if SPML said it was only an offer and not a contract - they probably meant it - or else, why would they say it?

Just had a thought!! not been many of them at late :lol:

When spml responded to our witness statement,they said that our contract was not a contract but a mortgage offer.

We obtained our contract from solicitors archives.

So,if its not our contract and that is the only copy that spml have produced....could it be there is no contract?

On the face of it, in a strict legal sense, yes.

In knowledge lies wisdom

Mo - not even a bar-stool lawyer, but I'll help where I can...

Originally Posted by Suetonius viewpost.gif

Sorry if I have missed it, but has it been established that it is the mortgage and not just the charge that has been transferred to Eurosail ?

Suetonis, do Explain!? What do you classify as being a "mortgage" and what do you classify as being a "charge"? And could you let us know what you understand as being the difference between the two?

In reply to the above is it possible for the two things to be classed as seperate entities allowing one to sell the title deed to a spv and retain the charge or in the reverse to keep the title but sell the charge giving two bites of the cherry in their favour.Is that their get out of jail card ,they must have one in my view or they would not publish docs which openly state they have no intention of registering with the LR or informing us of the change in ownership if this is a criminal offence it must surely be the duty of the police to investigate such matters. Anyway I digress in the case of a loan taken out and secured on the property in my daurs case this consists of a doc titled mortgage deed in favour of matlock and reading the terms seems to be saying they have signed over the title yet they are not the mortgage lender.Two seperate things which can lead to the same ending .If any of this makes sense let me know:)

kegi

Littledotty, if SPML said it was only an offer and not a contract - they probably meant it - or else, why would they say it?

This is what they sent after we S.A.R them,but now they are saying it is only a mortgage offer,even the solicitor sent the exact same copy,so how can it only be an offer and not a contract?

Hi Littledotty,

If they said it was only a mortgage offer and not a contract then that is actually fantastic for you. They have effectively admitted that there is no contract. If there is no contract then there is no contract to enforce against you in court. If there is no contract then you can get the action struck out on the grounds that they have said there is no contract.

You may be looking at what you believe (with very good reason), is a document that LOOKS like a contract - but there are certain legal requirements that have to be met in order for a contract to be enforceable in a court. If those contract law conditions are not met - then whilst the document may look like a contract to a lay person, a lawyer (and a judge) may find that the contract is unenforceable because the formal legal conditions necessary to have a LEGAL AND ENFORCEABLE contract are not met.

First thing - could you post the exact text of the paragraph that they sent to you where they say that it is only an offer? - and could you let us know the context of what you had written which prompted them to say that it was only an offer?

Second - it will be necessary to actually look at the documents (this one will be a bit tougher - so may need to do it in a PM). But let's establish first whether you have got yourself a fabulous confession from them that there is no contract

This could really be great news for you Littledotty....and, as the SPML documentation would be the same documents used for other CAGgers with SPML contracts...it could be good news for everyone.

This is an outstanding development!

All eyes on this one.

Cheers EIE. Keep the faith.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi everyone

Scedminc...itn still waiting for there lawyers,reading over the securitisation.

Supersleuth..I will post details of where they state its only mortgage offer later today.

I hope something good comes of this,as im fed up with them!!

Will post letter and our so called contract on here later this afternoon...keep your eyes posted!!;)