MBNA/Restons claimform - old A+L Card **WON+COSTS**

fairbyblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to follow on from robcag, hold fire on a response to MBNA.

If I remember correctly, you may have asked for the defaults to be removed from your credit file. Wait and see what the Court correspondence has to say about that part.

Just a little bit more ammo ...if they ever do come back.

Ah that looks like the franked mail at 36p is 1st class ....shame :mad:

Its ok cos i have the envelope covered with MBNA and dated 11/8/09 which makes service deemed 13/8/09 so the 3rd DN is defective.

I'm holding fire to post letter.:D

Hi FB

And now I got the costs cheque

cheque.jpg

Congratulations! :D

It reminds me of mine, only the numbers on yours are much better!

So no need to worry about Restons not coughing up, as it only made a tiny dent in their huge profits from unlawful collection charges etc. that they will have had from unsuspecting people who haven't yet found CAG. :evil:

Cheers

Rob

Hi FB

..... then you can mention why they had to discontinue and rub their noses in it about the fact that even if if it were possible to Default/Terminate you for a third time, their latest attempt at getting it right would have failed again due to them posting the letter the day after they allegedly produced it?

On second thoughts, maybe best not to alert MBNA to the reasons for the latest DN failing to comply (despite the fact that it is not possible to default and terminate a previously terminated account), as this basic mistake may help others in the future. ;)

Otherwise they might start allowing a longer time to rectify as standard (I've noticed some creditors specify 28 days for example).

Cheers

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Thread now re-opened.

Several posts have been edited in order to protect the Site.

Thanks. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

FBB do u have any further update on this plz

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just spent the past three hours reading the whole of this thread, and am delighted and amazed that you had the guts to stick it out to the bitter end! It reads like an adventure novel, I was sweating in places where you were just about to go to court!!! I was tempted to sneak to the last page to see what happened, but stuck it out like you had to. Well done indeed.

I thought the advice was brilliant, especially Banker Rhymes With .....I just hope I can stick it out like you did if it comes to that with my cases.

Hope you are still enjoying that fantastic feeling of freedom.

I've just spent the past three hours reading the whole of this thread, and am delighted and amazed that you had the guts to stick it out to the bitter end! It reads like an adventure novel, I was sweating in places where you were just about to go to court!!! I was tempted to sneak to the last page to see what happened, but stuck it out like you had to. Well done indeed.

I thought the advice was brilliant, especially Banker Rhymes With .....I just hope I can stick it out like you did if it comes to that with my cases.

Hope you are still enjoying that fantastic feeling of freedom.

Yes me too, langton, great innit :D

We'll just have to wait and see what they do next!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/214452-mbna-now-served-3rd.html[/quote

Just as a side issue - if a company issues a default notice when there is no default and the mistake is their's is there the possibility of a claim.

Just as a side issue - if a company issues a default notice when there is no default and the mistake is their's is there the possibility of a claim.

If it has been registered with the CRA's, yes.

See this ongoing thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/196312-invalid-default-notices.html

David

• 2 weeks later...

Yet the letter states outstanding balance is still owing - they wish....

Cant believe the rollercoasters you've been on for a long time now with this duo, having experience of them myself....and they still want to carry it on with you.....

Just to let you know I have been so interested in your threads and have them filed for future knowledge ...You've coped so well in all of this....and have admired you in your strength in all of this too....good work and keep it up giving them all they deserve!!!

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

now this is getting to be a pain.

Phone goes on works mobile (which should be off their system about 3 years ago)

MBNA "Hello its Amy from MBNA can i speak to fairbyblue"

FB "Dont know who your talking about"

MBNA "Its a personal matter can you tell mr fairbyblue to contact MBNA"

FB "I'm not him and dont know him so why are you ringing"

MBNA "Ok do you want me to take your number off the file then"

FB "Too right and dont phone me again"

Hi FB. Subbing this one, good thread.Got my 1st DN from MBNA today (wife called to give me the good news lol). Will start a thread and see where we go. Well done btw.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!