MBNA/Restons claimform - old A+L Card **WON+COSTS**

fairbyblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dunno if in right place but help and advice needed please.

About £11k owed to MBNA credit card after marital split,

wrote to them with circumstances and offer of £20 per month (income had gone down by more then half) heard nothing other than I'm in default

then got letter from Restons solicitors wanting payment of full amount by today or an offer of payment.

Filled in income and expenditure and made offer of £20 per month from whats left over (about £60)

got letter today saying offer been refused and Restons been instructed to commence legal proceedings.

So what do I do now.

So many threads to looks at and I am really confused.

I dont want to go to court.

Please help:-?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If litigation is commenced you will recieve a pack containing the details of the claim.You will have options defend all defend part admit all the choice will be yours via your AoS ( acknowledgement of Service).If you decide not to contest the claim the Claimant will recieve judgement by default CCJ ( six years on file) you will have chance to submit a I&E at the time of your acknowledgment and the Court will decide what you can afford to pay,including the Claimants Costs.

I trust the above is of help.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks,

Thats all I can afford,

will it all be done by letter?

Can bailiffs take property off me?

I have other debts and I have just arranged payments with them no need to go to court.

Is it enforceable,

whats all the forms with £1 sent to the creditors.

Its confusing and Im rambling as its a shock.

Sorry

Thanks, Thats all I can afford, will it all be done by letter? Yes usually from CCBC (Northampton)Can bailiffs take property off me?No I have other debts and I have just arranged payments with them no need to go to court. Is it enforceable,dont know till you request your copy and post it on here whats all the forms with £1 sent to the creditors. CCA request sec 77/78 template in the library (Letter N)include a £1.00 PO and dont sign the request print name and retain proof of recorded delivery Its confusing and Im rambling as its a shock. Sorry

lets see if they follow through their threat first but would advise you to request a copy of the agreement anyway forewarned is forearmed

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I am in the same situation, after Restons were involved I got my court papers about a week later with no warning so there is a good chance they will be along shortly to you.

I am a couple of weeks ahead of you so you may want to watch my thread to see what is install for you in advance.

Its entitled MBNA Settlement Offer, here is the link if it works.

CCA letter sent recorded delivery 27/11/08 to Restons.

I received court papers from Northampton today (They quick off mark)

do i respond to court docs, saying denying all and await CCA.

I will type up wording from court doc on monday when not in work (prying eyes and all that) Help:(

Office is empty at the moment so here is the POC.

The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendent under a contract dated on or about 6/12/2005 in the sum of £11224.46 inclusive of interest to the date of this summons at 8% per annum from 18/11/08 to 27/11/08

particulars acc no (my account number)

18/11/08 default balance 11214.35

21/11/2008 post refrl cr -12.00

21/11/2008 12.00

27/11/2008 interest 22.11

Total 11224.46

Together with

Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 19 at the rate of 245.53 pence per day to the date of judgement or sooner payment.

So what do i do now. Please help cos i am poo pooing myself.:(

Hi fairyblue:) Is there any charges on the balance? If you can get that default notice and post it up here, removing all personal details first, people will be able to advise better. Don't worry, you will get lots of help and advice here:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Hi Fayrbyblue, I am in the same situation as you. Have a look at my thread!

The main thing now is to acknowledge the service of court papers with your intention to defend the entire claim.(can be done by Internet,that gives you 28 days to file your defence, otherwise only 14)

Don't wait for Restons to reply to your CCA request, I doubt they will, and you are short of time for waiting. As MBNA have taken you to court, you have more rights in relation to have information that are relevant to your defence. You can ask for all the information you need to file your defence under CPR18. I have sent them a very broad request under CPR18 and they replied that my request was inappropriate, however you can use this against them in your defence. The best way to get information from them, I think is to send both CPR 18 but more important CPR31.14 with the documents that they mentioned in your POC, most importantly your contract. Is very unlikely that they have not send you a default notice (MBNA normally makes mistakes when they issue them, so is very important to find)

it looks like your default notice is ok(14 days after service). Is a very recent one and i guess MBNA finally know how to issue them. It is my feeling that MBNA is using Restons to enforce debts at moment that they know the contract is unenforceable, but we need to se it first.

Next thing is to send Reston a CPR 31.14 and given them 7 days to comply, if they don't comply in time you can send a holding defence until they provide the CCA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/

Start reading the cases successes in the link above, will give you a good of wha to do and how it works.

Sorry about my poor english is my second laguage

it looks like your default notice is ok(14 days after service).

Just for your info, a letter is deemed served 2 days after postage using Royal Mail 1st Class service and 4 days using Royal Mail 2nd Class service.

Edited by supasnooper
removed incorrect information

whats a CPR 31.14.

I would suggest that you read this thread started by surfaceagentx20

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/159445-getting-them-reveal-their.html

In the first post you will read the suggested CPR 31.14 letter that tiokim has proposed you send ..........and I would endorse that suggestion.

Get the CPR 31.14 letter typed up, amended to suit and posted.

Remember, print your name, do NOT sign the letter and post by Recorded Delivery.

1 Under S7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 service by post is deemed to have been effected, unless the contrary has been proved, at the time when the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post.

2 To avoid uncertainty as to the date of service it will be taken (subject to proof to the contrary) that delivery in the ordinary course of post was effected

(a) in the case of first class mail, on the second working day after posting;

(b) in the case of second class mail, on the fourth working day after posting.

"Working days" are Monday to Friday,

Hi, i see Andy has been helping you, hopefully he will be back on soon, he will see your thread cos hes subscribed to it.

You definitely need to acknowledge, defending all of the claim though, and send a CPR request.

Have you got the receipt for the CCA request you sent?, you will be needing it.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Have you got the receipt for the CCA request you sent?, you will be needing it.

Yep safe and sound.

CPR going today recorded not signed to solicitors.

When i defend the claim do i get a court date?

and will i have to go in person as its northhampton.

What happens if solicotors have not sent required stuff do i ask court to adjourn?

Yes, you will get a date after you file your defense , but not before Restons comply with all your requests for information. The case will be transfered to your local court as soon as you either file your holding defense or you give the courts directions to order Restons to comply with your requests for info.You have now 28 +5 days time for you to learn all about how to deal with your defense and about Restons not so nice ways to play the legal game.

Edited by tiokim

If you have decided to defend all, you should acknowledge service, you can do it online using the password on the front of the claim form, make sure you tick you are going to defend all of the claim, and print off the receipt when prompted. This gives you an extra 14 days to file a defence

You wont have to go to northampton in any event, its just a bulk handling centre, it will be automatically transferred to your local court when the case gets to the AQ stage, if it gets that far.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site