Garibaldi Red V McKenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd update.......

After months of silence, MH have wrote to me again. They say my debt isn't statute barred because theres a CCJ on it, and I must pay up otherwise they'll send a doorstep collection round (despite me sending them the template regarding doorstep collections). They also claim I made a payment on some random date in 2004 (which I didnt).

Coincidently on the same day as I received MH's letter, I also received a letter from the Student Loans Co saying they had passed all my details of accounts onto a company called Thesis Services, and that SLC would now no longer be dealing with my account.

So whats my next move? Who are Thesis Services?

I should also add I will be emigrating at the end of january. So do I ignore MH's claims and fire off another doorstep collection template? Or CCA them?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Write to Muck Hall and demand proof of the payment in 2004,

The burden of proof rests with them NOT you.

As for their statement that a CCJ is in force you can check here but it seems strange that they should mention a payment if there is a CCJ.

CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online

• Haha 1

Many thanks for the advice.

There is a CCJ on the alledged debt, but its over 6 years since the judgement. No payment has been made on it. I feel its MH trying to bully me into paying up. I'm going to send them the doorstep collection template again, and see what their next move is.

Thanks again

Cheers ODC, I was thinking along the similar lines. Maybe thats why they keep threatening with doorstep collection rather than taking it back to court.

I'm also wondering if they (MH) have the right to try and collect in any case, seeing as the SLC have wrote to me saying the account has been passed onto Thesis Services.

I'm sure this one will run for a while so I'll keep updating the thread

thanks again