Urgent Help Wanted - RE: UK PAO Parking Fine. **UPDATE. OPINIONS PLEASE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PPCs beg and plead for victims to write. that is part of the [problem]. Why on on earth start the mail [problem] by sending the first letter. This is madness and will only serve to save the PPC their £2.50 fee with the DVLA. I am against it.

UPDATE:

All,

Following an update letter from UKPAO now threatening a 'County Court Claim' if settlement of £300 is not paid within 14 days I am now looking for some further confirmation/advice that the best course of action is to 'ignore' this correspondance ???

The original fine/invoice was for £60 back in November 2008... Since then (following advice from this forum and other sources) I have proceeded to ignore 5 'statements' that have been sent through - Each one demanding a higher settlement figure due to the £3 per day liquidated damages.

Do I continue to ignore the new letter threatening court action or do I now need to look at appointing a solicitor?

Do we know of any situations where UK PAO have actually issued these court actions and won?

Any help is much appricated as this is becoming a very stressful matter.

Thanks in advance.

In the unlikely case this ever went to court, do you seriously think the judge would go along with this liquidated damages nonsense. More to the point - he wouldn't go along with any of it - it is a blag, a [problem], a hustle - call it what you like. Step back and see these clowns for what they really are.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hello again here is the latest letter from Debt recovery plus via UKPC-

Further to our Notice of litigation letter,

We have referred your case to our client & proposed issuing County Court proceedings against you.

Current balance £246.75 (was £141.75 last time)

In order to stop this, our client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of £113.40, if paid in full within 7 days.

I fear I may start getting begging letters next what do you think?.

Hello again here is the latest letter from Debt recovery plus via UKPC-

Further to our Notice of litigation letter,

We have referred your case to our client & proposed issuing County Court proceedings against you.

Current balance £246.75 (was £141.75 last time)

In order to stop this, our client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of £113.40, if paid in full within 7 days.

I fear I may start getting begging letters next what do you think?.

Smacks of desperate measures to me which is a good sign for you. After all, if you were that confident of winning would you accept a reduced amount of less than half - I shouldn't think so. It must all be getting a bit boring for you now - having all these letters - same old ^&%* different day lol. Hold your ground. At the end of the day, if they want to take you to court then let them - let them prove that you owe the money. All you would have to do is provide a strong defence (which you would get more than enough help with) and then you would blow them out of the water.

Keep up the good fight my friend.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 1 year later...

I am a new member to this forum, but our story is the same ie UK PAO issued a parking charge on Maplins site at Leeds in January 2010. We are seeking help from forum members to (a) identify names of all UK PAO administrated car parks throughout the country and (b) Need exact details of any court cases UK PAO have brought to court.

Watch our blog with interest as hopefully I'll have something very interesting to disclose later in the year (about September). If you wouldn't mind sending your replies direct to this link I would be very grateful.

Very simply , ignore it. Without being too technical The Parking Charge Notice is intended for the driver of the vehicle , the letter always goes to the owner or registered keeper ( not neccessarily the same person ). You are under no legal obligation to tell them who the driver was. This applies only to PCNs issued on private land as opposed to the Public Highway. The only worry is if you keep receiving fines ( and ignoring them ) you may be at risk of being clamped to collect all outstanding fines issued to your vehicle for that site. That unfortuneately is another issue. I hope this helps.

Goldringer

as already said IT IS NOT A FINE

and as for quote.

you may be at risk of being clamped to collect all outstanding fines issued to your vehicle for that site

it is total hogwash ( to be polite ) they cannot clap for outstanding civil invoices BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT FINES in the first place

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

As in original post I said that clamping was another issue. If the signs mention clamping and are otherwise legally worded then the normal process is pay up for release and dispute legality afterwards , because in my experience , no one will come to your aid in the short term , not even the police.

Yes , I agree they are not fines but invoices , but my comments still stand...... ignore it.

Goldringer

If the signs mention clamping and are otherwise legally worded then the normal process is pay up for release and dispute legality afterwards

Whether teh signs mention clamping or not, this clamping can only be for a current occurance of "wrongdoing", and the release fee can only be as stated on the notice board.

If they attempt to lump together any previous alledged outstanding invoice payments, this remains very illegal!

"If they attempt to lump together any previous alledged outstanding invoice payments, this remains very illegal!

What is the actual law they are breaking, why is it illegal?

I ask this because i have recently read a PARKING EYE sign at a car park that i have been "invoiced" at which states that they will clamp for previously unpaid charges!

hello all:-)

Because the alleged debt is against a person not the vehicle - who was driving on each occasion ? Plus it is not a lawful remedy for an alleged debt, there is no remedy when its only an allegation. It only a lawful one for a real debt and that if it gets that far (court, a judgement debtor, then bailiffs). It would be 'unlawful trespass to goods' to clamp the car is such circumstances. If they do then cut it off, don't bother with cutting the lock just cut the clamp into pieces.