PPI reclaim on closed accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I am trying to reclaim PPI premiums/ oter charges on a closed credit card account with HSBC.

I owed about 3k when my own limited company business became insolvent and as wound up.I had PPI with cover with this card but was told over the telephone I couldn't claim as I was the Managing Director and they viewed I had made myself unemployed.

The following month they cancelled my PPI as I couldn't pay the premiums until I got a new job.

I am claiming that PPI was mis sold as I couldn't claim for unemployment.

They have sent me a letter to admit they don't have a copy of the original signed agreement but that they are sending a copy og original terms in a blank document and this complies.

I have studied other threads and see this is untrue.

Their letter also disagrees that I could not have claimed for unemployment-it says I could but never tried to.Liars!

Can I get them to retrospectively pay the unemployment claim or otherwise get charges and premiums back / other compensation?

Account was closed 12th May 2003 so I don't have long to act.

All helpfull really appreciated.

Thanks!

:wink:Hello dgoldston,

I am trying to reclaim PPI premiums/ oter charges on a closed credit card account with HSBC.

I owed about 3k when my own limited company business became insolvent and as wound up.I had PPI with cover with this card but was told over the telephone I couldn't claim as I was the Managing Director and they viewed I had made myself unemployed. Your first claim to mis-selling is they sold a PPI to a self employed person who had no chance of claiming against the Policy Managing Director and they did not ask the relevant questions at the point of sale:eek:

The following month they cancelled my PPI as I couldn't pay the premiums until I got a new job. They have cancelled so that would leave you with not cover so another reason for mis-selling.

I am claiming that PPI was mis sold as I couldn't claim for unemployment.

They have sent me a letter to admit they don't have a copy of the original signed agreement but that they are sending a copy og original terms in a blank document and this complies. The original signed agreement is what counts not the terms and conditions if they cannot produce the original consumer credit agreement or a true copy that is their hard luck this would bring the account into dispute and make it unenforceable. Ths would mean until they produce a valid cca they cannot legally enforce the payments for the debt.

I have studied other threads and see this is untrue.

Their letter also disagrees that I could not have claimed for unemployment-it says I could but never tried to.Liars!

Can I get them to retrospectively pay the unemployment claim or Not really worthwhile the best thing as they refused to pay out is to claim back the PPI on the Credit Card otherwise get charges and premiums back / other compensation? Yes I would go for a full refund of the PPI premium added to the card plus interest up to when they settle your claim.

Account was closed 12th May 2003 Time to move and fast due to the long delays with the FOS. However you can claim within 6 years of you becoming aware of PPI mis-selling. So if you only became aware today you still have 6 years to claim. so I don't have long to act. A little longer than you thought maybe but still go for it asap.

All helpfull really appreciated.

Thanks!

Hope this helps you get started on the road to get your money back:wink:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.