Harassment by MBNA

steven4064
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I keep the log of all calls and back them up from my mobile to my PC. The "landline" number I hand out is actually a SkypeIn number and so I can keep the call log and voicemails on my PC too.

But I don't speak to them, I have written to tell them to communicate in writing only. The voicemails are the usual "You must call us before 8pm this evening" which I have had for the last 3 months or so!

Shame we can't use the legal right to defend ones self as the reason for knocking out the scumbags cold on ones doorstep though.

I think it may make a difference if one person inparticular is ringing you from a MOBILE phone, this would make it different than an automated service ringing and proves one person, one course of conduct, this may be able to be looked at as a criminal harassment, you will need to check out with your force (everyone has different proceedures) in anycase you would be able to ring the non 999 call number and say you want to report incident of harassment, they would have a duty to investigate even if it ends up being non crimed and you must ask for the reference number of the log the call taker takes for your records... this would later be able to be made available to you via freedom of information if you wanted to continue with a civil enforcement... no dont knock em out on doorstep this wouldnt be self defence and you will be in a whole load of trouble. soz

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey listen underdog and all

im doing that euro lotto tonite and if i win boy are we all going to have a PARTY....

you are all invited of course

laters dudes angel x

TY - We shall hold you to that:D Will you also be going to court with a top barrister to set lots of lovely precedents for us?:)

hey only the top ones will do then,,,,

:D:lol::lol::lol:

laters dudes angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thought you may all like to know I recieved a 3 page apology form 'Gail Powell - Vice President' admitting amongst other things Aegis should not have treated me they way they did. My account has been removed from Aegis. A small piece of good news!! For all those suffering at the hands fo MBNA try sending the letters/emails I sent and amke sure we all stand up to them!

Thought you may all like to know I recieved a 3 page apology form 'Gail Powell - Vice President' admitting amongst other things Aegis should not have treated me they way they did. My account has been removed from Aegis. A small piece of good news!! For all those suffering at the hands fo MBNA try sending the letters/emails I sent and amke sure we all stand up to them!

How does one spell the sound of a jaw dropping?;):D Well done you!

Hya tried to read back thread but cant see who Gail Powell is the Vice President for? MBNA I presume, if so can you give us her address she wrote to you from, what e mail address did you sent to? if your uncomfortable about posting up on thread will you pm me. If we all take this line and they have sent an apology then this would go towards getting our credit files cleaned up also as it would be an admission in court... wouldnt it. I await with baited breath.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Hya tried to read back thread but cant see who Gail Powell is the Vice President for? MBNA I presume, if so can you give us her address she wrote to you from, what e mail address did you sent to? if your uncomfortable about posting up on thread will you pm me. If we all take this line and they have sent an apology then this would go towards getting our credit files cleaned up also as it would be an admission in court... wouldnt it. I await with baited breath.

Good idea - I think we all need to know Gail Powell's contact details.

Read my threads of 17/2 and 25/2. Although I did not originally write to 'Gail Bailey' my apology came from her. It is the chester address with postcode CH4 9WW. The fact remains I can't pay but at least I have had an apology for the treatment.

Not sure what she is VP of - no indication in the letter.

Sorry to prick your bubble GirlAloud but I think you will find a few of us who have letters from her. Keep reading as many MBNA similar threads to your own questions, and I think you'll find a lot of 'been there' posts and threads:cool: Good Luck with your quest :)

Don't get so down a99 - it was a half decent letter and almost certainly 'personalised'. She did warn me that after 7 months the account would be sold on. I am happy as for now the calls have stopped - if they start again I will drive to chester myself!! :rolleyes:

How does one spell the sound of a jaw dropping?;):D Well done you!

Although I prefer steven's version... C L U N K :D

jawdropsmilie.gif

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I got my MP involved after they kept sending letters threatening what 'may' happen if I didn't pay them (one month late IF that!!) so what with that and the Aegis phone call to my workplace :mad: I decided to get MP involved. He's keeping an eye on things and I suppose that's put pressure on MBNA that they do not like. FOS also seem to be willing to respond faster to him than to me. Have not made official complaint to FOS yet as I have not enough time.

Got a reply as a consequence of MP taking an interest - all very professional etc (usual rubbish and half-hearted apology) BUT they posted it to the wrong address! It got opened and read - by the relatives of the neighbour from hell basically. I wrote to complain - cc to my MP - and received an apology for it going to wrong address (what sort of an apology is that?) and a goodwill gesture of 200 pounds. I have replied stating I am aware of the fines the FOS and ICO can give them and that I find it objectionable that they do not even apologise for the consequences of it being read by others nor do they address that at all. Indirectly with the payment I suppose but I'm stubborn - I want a written apology relating to the result of their action plain and simple not an apology for their action! That letter was from said assistant El Vice Presidente. The letter reiterates how their internal systems check will make sure etc this does not happen again etc etc..... On the same day I received what they call my now 'legible' CCA as I had requested - addressed to the correct address BUT not in my name but to a Ms Gail Powell!!!!!!!!!!! Another letter now sent - cc to MP. They do take the biscuit don't they - or are they just one crumb short.......?

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first post, if its in the wrong section please advise.

I tried to get my MP interested in harassment by both CityCard and MBNA and also complained to FSO and the FSA but so far have got nowhere, no one is interested. MBNA or rather their Indian based collection agency, harressed me for £1 on one occassion. Continual phone calls which even though i gave them a time to call just continued from one phone to another. This side of my tale continues to other occassions and bad experiances.

My arguement runs like this. When I wanted to complain directly to Aegis, the arrears collecting agents about harresment I could not and had to do it via City and MBNA and so I found out that I could not procceed against Aegis. Because Aegis are based in India my protection under The Consumer Credit Act, British Law and protection under European law is not applicable. Therefore my rights have been circumvented by both Citi and MBNA which means by default my human rights have been infringed.

How can a company sub contract a agent outside the EEC, pass on to persons unknown my credit details, my address, telephone numbers and allow these people to access all this imformation without my knowledge or permission surely this also contravines the data protection act. Yet when I have complained to the Authroties they have no interest, my MP could not help and suggested I changed my credit card provider, good advice if one earns £65,000 per annum and has a expense account riveling that of a third world dictator.

Has anyone won a harressment claim against Aegis, Citi or MBNA and why do our authorities allow this to continue,

Please help!

Also I cannot find a spell checker on this page!

AFAIK it is illegal to send data outside of the EU without express permission. Not sure if that permission is embodied in the CCA or not.

Have you tried complaining to Information Commissioner on the basis the DPA has been violated. Not sure if it has, but may be worth a try.

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll:

Also I cannot find a spell checker on this page!

you should find spell checker on the top right above the smilies it is the ABC with a tick underneath:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Had a call from Martin @ MBNA on 07785 900 822.

He left me a voicemail saying he doesn't understand why I haven't called them back despite them calling me frequently (which they haven't for weeks since I told them they would be in trouble).

He says I have until tomorrow to speak to them, as there are things they can do to help, before it "goes out of [their] hands". This is despite me telling them they have defaulted on CCA and now the account is in legal dispute blah blah.

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll: