• Tweets

• 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Harassment by MBNA

steven4064
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will have to find the thread which talked about it but apparently you can go into your details online and change your phone numbers as if you've moved.

I will have a look today and get back to you, if not you must be able to ring off someone elses mobile and tell them numbers have changed they should change them automatically??

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

well thought it had gone quiet , sent harass letter along with cca 10days ago and somebody told me to send another one on thursday along with email, which i have done. Now i have had frank cassey on the phone again today

call went sounded like they were in a pub just asked for me by name

i said who is calling frank cassey so i hung up

rang back told him it was harrassment and wanted to know who he was speaking to so hung up.

then i have had 7 calls i let it go to answer machine all the numbers are witheld but i have checked our call planner and none were for work.

any ideas what i do next? please help

Why the heck should we consumers have to change our telephone numbers on their behalf:mad: Rather keep your numbers for your convenience and record every single one of their calls and then sue them. Make sure you have sent both them and their DCA a Telephone Harassment letter, recorded delivery, and there's another string to your bow:mad:

i am going to do something today regarding calls, since he is using my works number and was asked last month to stop

do you think i have enough to go to ofcom or whoever else i am hoping somebody will be able to suggest

12th 2 emails - 1 personal 1 work asking me to ring replied remove my phone number and email from record

13th 2 calls frank cassey - in reciept of harassment letter

16th 5 calls frank cassey

18th 2 calls sonya

19th 2 calls frank cassey - in reciept of second letter and email

24th 8 calls frank cassey - answered once rest of the time let it go to answer machine.

i am going to answer the next call and try and record it on mobile phone

and then i wondered if i can send a letter to him saying i am taking legal action against him and also send same letter to gail xxx vp.

Wondered if somebody can tell me if i am on the right lines or have i missed something.

mbna will be in default tomorrow

thanks

Why the heck should we consumers have to change our telephone numbers on their behalf:mad: Rather keep your numbers for your convenience and record every single one of their calls and then sue them. Make sure you have sent both them and their DCA a Telephone Harassment letter, recorded delivery, and there's another string to your bow:mad:

People SHOULD NOT have to change their telephone numbers, I have had mine over 20 years. nor SHOULD DOMESTIC VIOLENCE VICTIMS have to flee their homes from a perpetrator to find safety, however, what we SHOULD do and what we sometimes have to do for our own sanity, safety or peace of mind is a different matter.. I am used to dealing with victims of harassment and victims of crime where they are VICTIMS and here are many ways to skin a cat.

I havent changed my home number but I have had to place chooseto refuse from BT at a cost to me, but its worth every penny for the peace of mind that I have had in the past week not one phone call.... we all have choices. Harassment is not an easy case to prove in court and the banking harassment will not be taken on by Police as I have pointed out before as its a company harassment.. dont shoot the messenger this is the case... however a civil route can be taken as we know, but again you will need solid evidence as the banks will deny the harassment and it will be up to you to prove it.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

i am going to do something today regarding calls, since he is using my works number and was asked last month to stop

do you think i have enough to go to ofcom or whoever else i am hoping somebody will be able to suggest

12th 2 emails - 1 personal 1 work asking me to ring replied remove my phone number and email from record

13th 2 calls frank cassey - in reciept of harassment letter

16th 5 calls frank cassey

18th 2 calls sonya

19th 2 calls frank cassey - in reciept of second letter and email

24th 8 calls frank cassey - answered once rest of the time let it go to answer machine.

i am going to answer the next call and try and record it on mobile phone

and then i wondered if i can send a letter to him saying i am taking legal action against him and also send same letter to gail xxx vp.

Wondered if somebody can tell me if i am on the right lines or have i missed something.

mbna will be in default tomorrow

thanks

I have been to OFCOM they wouldnt touch the complaint as they are classed as marketing calls from banks chasing a debt in dispute, nor would oft or fos or Police... Trading Standards did take on my complaint though and so will a civil solicitor or you could go for it yourself as long as you have the evidence, ie dates, times, nature of calls, recordings, messages, answer phone, texts.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

This one has quite a nice feel about it, if your serious about taking it to small claims court. You could mark it up Letter Before Action.

I dont know who originally typed this, wasnt me but sure they wont mind me sharing.

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that i have received from you company, which I deem to be personally harassing, these are causing me harassment, alarm and distress and I can show a course of conduct of receipt of these calls.

I have requested that these stop both verbally and in writing to your company on via recorded delivery.

I have requested all correspondance to be made to me in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in brach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from harassment act 1997.

If you continue with this course of action to harass me, you will be in brach of the communications act 2003 s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, TRADING STANDARDS AND THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING, Meaning you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls will be recorded and disclosed to court along with all correspondance asking you to stop the calls.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

hi muffintop i have already sent two of these letters, i am going to send another one tomorrow because by the time its recieved the accounts will be in default (friday) i am going to google the vp and send a copy to her

and one to frank cassey copying both of them in and also send one to the local trading standards, I know it will be a waste of time but this guy is a bit of a bully boy. I can't do anything with line since its now my works phone number and the company i work for own it.

its time now for me to be in the driving seat and not take anymore cxxp from him.

I am still looking into the issues surrounding telephone harassment and the collection of numbers by companies in order to undertake the harassment, but I am sure legislation mentioned by muffintop states that harassment is a CRIMINAL offence not a civil one - so although the police may be less than inclined to bother themselves with non-violent harassment, it is still illegal.

If you can show that the frequency of the calls is high (as in numerous per day) and that you have sent letters asking for them to stop, while not going to great lengths to avoid discussing your debt with the creditor (in writing is fine), then you should have a good case for harassment as the company in question would be clearly violating your rights. Well that is the theory, reality when playing with big bully companies may be somewhat different but we can still fight and the more that do the better.

FBR

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll:

Almond - Email this letter to the compalints adress I gave you. Make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and also enclose this letter. If you have not already done so, contact OFCOM and Consumer Direct - make it clear they are pestering you at work.

I received XX calls this morning to my workplace from aXX. This must stop immediately or I will take immediate legal action for harassment. This is direct contravention of many of the clauses laid out in the OFT Debt Collection Guidance.

May I draw your attention to my letters dated XX and remind you that I am not prepared to discuss this matter over the telephone. The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has strongly condemned unfair and unscrupulous methods of debt collecting and you will be aware there are a number of high profile cases in the press.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

As you will be aware the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, which makes it an offence for someone to pursue:

“a course of conduct which amounts to harassment of another which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.”

‘Harassment’ in this regard is not defined in the law, but it includes causing ‘alarm or distress’ and ‘a course of conduct’ is defined as conduct on ‘at least two occasions’.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM and The Office of Fair Trading,

Extracts for the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection:

Unfair Business Practices

Communication

those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the contact is ('Frank Casey')

contacting debtors at unreasonable times (deliberately calling me at work)

ignoring or disregarding debtors' legitimate wishes in respect of when and where to contact them (I have specifically asked not to be called)

Physical/psychological harassment

contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals (deliberately calling me at work)

acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either deliberately or through lack of care (deliberately calling me at work – I share an office)

Furthermore under the BBAs Banking Code Guidance for Subscribers, para. 14.2

“Where a customer requests that the subscriber deals with them in writing or e-mail (providing that facility is available) rather than by telephone, they will do so as long as the customer remains co-operative and in regular dialogue”.

Under the same Code (para. 14.1) ‘breakdown of a relationship’ is clearly highlighted as “a change in lifestyle, often accompanied by a fall in disposable income and/or increased expenditure.

I refer to your continual refusal to communicate with me in writing, regarding my financial difficulties, insisting instead that I contact you by telephone.

Having made reasonable written requests, I can see no other point in these calls except to cause maximum distress, embarrassment, intimidation and harassment. I fully understand the risks associated with the non-payment of non-priority, unsecured debt together with the effect on my credit rating.

Having taken legal advice, I make the following statement

- I do not, and never have, disputed I owe you money

- Your persistent calling is causing me anxiety and stress

- Some of the calls are being received by XX. In the case of calls to be workplace a work place colleague

- I am currently going through a set of unfortunate and very difficult personal circumstances

- I am happy to cooperate with you (in writing) in any way, including exploring further aspects of my budget

Touch wood I have had no calls from over a week. I had an acknowledgment of my complaint from Virgin and one 'standard' letter from MBNA - helpfully reminding me I was in arrears (as if I did not know!).

hi

girlaloud, have already emailed to the address you gave me and sent an letter recorded to the guy you told me to, i am going to do another one tomorrow and send it to the guy that is ringing me the vp and are waiting for consumer direct to ring me back, will keep you posted don;t want to say none today but so far so good think it must be his day off!

Everytime the idiot rings, email that letter to M Bailey - if he rings you 5 times a day - then email 5 times a day explaing that he is still ringing. I am not sure if it was the letter that got them off my back or the fact I logged onto the Virgin website and deleted my phone numbers!! It never rains but it pours - had a default notice from RBS today - it is like fighting a war!! Good luck and keep me updated.

Everytime the idiot rings, email that letter to M Bailey - if he rings you 5 times a day - then email 5 times a day explaing that he is still ringing. I am not sure if it was the letter that got them off my back or the fact I logged onto the Virgin website and deleted my phone numbers!! It never rains but it pours - had a default notice from RBS today - it is like fighting a war!! Good luck and keep me updated.

what a good idea , i always have hotmail open and will type as i speak

bring on the calls now , can't believe i never thought of that.

i don't think i have done anything on line but must have if they have my email addresses, so will look into it.

thanks so much and take care

I am still looking into the issues surrounding telephone harassment and the collection of numbers by companies in order to undertake the harassment, but I am sure legislation mentioned by muffintop states that harassment is a CRIMINAL offence not a civil one - so although the police may be less than inclined to bother themselves with non-violent harassment, it is still illegal.

If you can show that the frequency of the calls is high (as in numerous per day) and that you have sent letters asking for them to stop, while not going to great lengths to avoid discussing your debt with the creditor (in writing is fine), then you should have a good case for harassment as the company in question would be clearly violating your rights. Well that is the theory, reality when playing with big bully companies may be somewhat different but we can still fight and the more that do the better.

FBR

Sorry FBR I can assure you I have very good knowledge on criminal harassment. The Police will not take it on as this is a civil issue due to the fact that its a company harassing and not one person, for criminal harassment it has to be a course of continued conduct by an individual... because there is a dispute over money this is a civil harassment. It can still be dealt with by injunction or as harassment but will need the evidence recorded if possible and a record of calls to prove they have rung. There are solicitors who will take this on as in the case of the lady who won over halifax recently.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi all,

I've had more calls from MBNA / AEGIS than i can count... last weekend I had a particularly determined attempt from someone called "Craig" at one point both my mobile and home line ringing by Craig...i felt under seige...

Whilst not exactly menacing, he was rude and threatening kept talking over me, I put the 'phone down and he rang again.. ultimately sounding more reasonable..

there were a number of unusaul numbers used ..

for the record these were..

Anyone else heard fron Craig ?

FOTN

Here's another: 07785 554 3240

Perhaps we should have our own database of numbers ;-)

Edited by fleeced_by_rbos
Previous phone number was for an alleged scumbag at DLC not MBNA

Sorry FBR I can assure you I have very good knowledge on criminal harassment. The Police will not take it on as this is a civil issue due to the fact that its a company harassing and not one person, for criminal harassment it has to be a course of continued conduct by an individual... because there is a dispute over money this is a civil harassment. It can still be dealt with by injunction or as harassment but will need the evidence recorded if possible and a record of calls to prove they have rung. There are solicitors who will take this on as in the case of the lady who won over halifax recently.

I defer to you Muffintop!

How about the usual letter based threats where they claim they will send round one of their single brain celled agents to "discuss" the debt or collection money which they are not allowed to do and which they are not even allowed to claim they do? Can't remember which legislation it was or which thread I read it on.

Are we seriously led to believe that MBNA have hundreds of agents chasing round the the country speaking to the hundreds/thousands of people in our position? I think not. Even if they did turn up - the door would be slammed quicker than you can say 'default notice'. These are desperate times - they will try anything to get money as they know if the sell the debt on they will get next to nothing and they know court action may get them very little - indeed court action in many cases will leave them out of pocket.

These people took a risk when they made unsecured loans etc - they should not be allowed to hound people who for any reason can no longer pay? The Govt pumps billions into banks who have 'overstretched' themselves yet these idiots are allowed, quite openly, to use every dirty trick in the book to chase us. Off my soapbox now!

If they do come around you may feel afraid, harassed, alarmed scared and intimidated.... they may bang on the door or shout, or put their foot inthe door... ring the Police 999, they will be removed to prevent a breach of the peace, possibly arrested depending on the circs, dont be pulled into retaliating, shouting, fighting at all, or you could be in trouble.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

oh muffintop

i tried something tonite, just after 8, someone with a clipboard, my hubby still not gone to work so i went to the door, glanced through our glass door which has bevelled glass, and said who was it, he mumbled something, and tried to show me his badge to the window, well i just replied very sorry its after 8 and i dont open the door after that time,,,goodbye

i felt like cinderella lol

that felt very empowering to tell you the truth,, he might be selling me gas, elec, or whatever, aint interested,

dont even go to the door once hubby gone to work , others like friends know so they call me in advance or call me from outside to tell me its them at the door

sign of the times im afraid, but if they persist in banging on the door, i will be the lady who does call the police and tell them better get someone quickly round to me as im on my own in the house or with only my daughter and we are really scared

will that do for my oscar performance :smile:

keep positive guys, laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Here's another: 07887 951 962

Perhaps we should have our own database of numbers ;-)

Just noticed the number he is ringing from is a mobile.... this may make a difference to Police investigating as its an individual continuing with a course of conduct. have you kept the missed calls on your phone? if not dont delete any more they may be needed for evidence.. see if you can get his surname out of him.

muffintop

Edited by Muffintop
typo

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Just noticed the number he is ringing from is a mobile.... this may make a difference to Police investigating as its an individual continuing with a course of conduct. have you kept the missed calls on your phone? if not dont delete any more they may be needed for evidence.. see if you can get his surname out of him.

muffintop

Yes I keep the log of all calls and back them up from my mobile to my PC. The "landline" number I hand out is actually a SkypeIn number and so I can keep the call log and voicemails on my PC too.

But I don't speak to them, I have written to tell them to communicate in writing only. The voicemails are the usual "You must call us before 8pm this evening" which I have had for the last 3 months or so!

Shame we can't use the legal right to defend ones self as the reason for knocking out the scumbags cold on ones doorstep though.

hey listen underdog and all

im doing that euro lotto tonite and if i win boy are we all going to have a PARTY....

you are all invited of course

laters dudes angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hey listen underdog and all

im doing that euro lotto tonite and if i win boy are we all going to have a PARTY....

you are all invited of course

laters dudes angel x

i did it last week and won , omg just seen the next door neighbour out cutting the lawn, believe me he will think he has won the lotto he lives to cut the lawn and jet wash the cars