Harassment by MBNA

steven4064
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when I thought all had gone quiet on the telephone harrassment, following my "conversation" with the woman on Friday; I have received a call from them at work today - dispite me telling them not to call me at work, as I cannot take personal calls at work, and them assuring me that my work number would be removed from their system! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I politely but firmly told the woman (sure it was the same one, but I didn't get a name) that I cannot speak to her while I am work. She demanded to know when she could call before 5. I told her she couldn't as I don't finish work until after 5. Eventually I told her to call on Thursday when I would be at home; she replied that they would keep calling until they receive payment! :-x

Following the call, I received a text message, that came up as "Please Read". It said "Please call 01244870028. It is important I speak to you today."

Stupidly, I deleted the message. :(

I shall of course be sending the harrassment letter along with a letter of complaint to the OFT. :-x :-x :-x

Woozel 1 - DCA 0

I was harassed by Virgin Money/MBNA last yr over credit card debt - got them to stop eventually with letters and the most obvious thing which was deleting my tele number from their account online! Try complaining to FoS I won a small amount for tele harassment through them (though not against MBNA).

MBNA got bored very quickly and sold my account on - quite possibly as I have since discovered no CCA and their default notice was toally invalid. Been asking the DCA who bought the debt for a valid CCA for almost a year.....nothing. Just ignore their letters.

MBNA phoned one of my friends and asked them to pass on message that they wanted to talk to me about my credit card. They admitted to her that they had traced her because she had transferred money into my account via her bank cards (Abbey bank cards) rather than just give me money next time we met - they had stored her card number then got her details from Abbey. Calls to both herself and me have been numerous.

Have complained to FSA about both Abbey and MBNA. MBNA have admitted doing this (when speaking to my friend) and have explained how they did this to my friend. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for them to finish their investigations.

• 2 weeks later...

For the people above how about this for a new idea

TALK to the MBNA

My £27,000 of credit card debt had the above and worse

I agreed to pay £1 a month no interest until IVA sorted.

They didnt know about IVA when agreed the above under their hard ship fund

• 9 months later...

I have had NON Stop harrassing phone calls from MBNA! AND I paid them the min payment!!! Because I am not paying more over the min, they are telling me that I HAVE to call a Debit solutions company!! They honestly have called over 20 times in the past 48 hours. It bounces from my cell phone to my home phone. They have also threatened me with selling my account to a third party collections. ENOUGH. Where do I go from here?!?!?!?!

Hi Dawn2011

The next stage is that they will you which debt agencies they accept and the agencies will try to increase your amount. You can try telling them that you are paying as much as you can do and that if you were to pay any more it would put your other credit agreements at risk.

Apart from that I would start by claiming bank charges. Start by doing an info access request - MBNA do provide details of some of the phonecalls that they have made but only a small fraction of the ones that they have done. Make a record of all of their phonecalls.

When you get the records look at the phonecalls that they have made - you will probably find that they have been calling your former employers and "chatting" with ex colleagues even although they have marked your records "previous work phone number". Report what they have done to the information commissioners's office and you will get a ruling as to whether or not they have broken the data protection act. Once you have this is place it will be easier to start to try to get them to court for harassment and also breach of the data protection act. They do reduce the number of calls after you send in a claim to the court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
MBNA are now using a mobile number to trick the receipeint into receiving their calls.

Apparently you can get these stopped. Speak to your Service provider. Just tell them you are receiving multiple calls from a mobile number.. no need to say that you know who they are.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

MBNA are now using a mobile number to trick the receipeint into receiving their calls.

This isn't anything new, I seem to remember Cap 1 using several!

As CB advises, they can be stopped, but if they use more than one you could be asking several times!

On most phones now you can block a number you dont want to receive calls from, same applies to texts.

you still get them but phone does not ring, it just rejects them as unansered.

I do the same for anonomuos callers, it just rejects them

• 8 months later...

I will start a new thread for you and send you a link.. give me a few moments.

BCOBS