PCN for parking but no yellow lines can I appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks so much for taking the time at looking at this, got a parking ticket this week but there was no yellow line, I took some pictures can I appeal on the basis that the contravention did not occur as there was no single or double yellow lines of a continuous, unbroken nature or that ended in a 'T-bar' at the location of my parked vechile. Is this right??

Many Thanks

What kind of 'ticket' was this? (there are many)

Who issued it?

What do they say you did wrong?

Were there any signs nearby?

Best to scan and post ALL of it. + pics of location if possible.

Its actually for a friend so I don't have all the details. I know the fine is payable to the London Borough of Lamberth and car was parked on Palace Road.

The PCN number begins with LH if that means anything? I don't know how to upload the pictures I have but the car in front has a yellow line under it, and then it stops and there is no yellow line under where my friend parked.

Without wishing to sound rude, how is anyone here supposed to help if you are so vague? Yellow lines are not needed for parking in a permit bay, next to a drive or on the footway for example so unless we find out what the fine was for we unable to help....sorry! A yellow line is needed for a contravention, 01, 02 or 20 which should be described on the PCN the LH just indicates its a Lambeth PCN.

Sorry just got the ticket I do appreciate the help and completely understand you need all the information. Thanks very much for your time;

PCN No: LH37280168

Notice Service date; 19/11/08

Vehicle Reg; Correct

Make of vehicle: correct

Colour: correct

Observed from 17.24 to 17.29

On; 19/11/08

By civil enforcement officer Lh804

who believed that the following parking contravention had been committed; 01

01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

OK, it's not yellow lines - there are obviously some form of restrictions on the hours during which you may park there - round where I live that will be something like permit holders only between 8am-6pm, Mon - Sat.

Go back to the street and look for signs detailing restrictions.

Why do you say that - not yellow lines? it's bad enough trying to explain to the OP that more detail si needed without someone giving inaccurate information.

- and Consumer. who has been rude? I don't see either myself or green being rude - you are asking for answers to questions that can't be answered without the appropriate info - as I listed for you earlier. Twice now you've failed to show the PCN and that short bit of typing only reveals the answer to a minor question that only raises more questions.

Want help - follow the advice about the information needed.

-

The info from the ticket states 'Parked in a street during restricted hours' - therefore it is not because they were parked on yello wlines,

I repeat myself. It does not help to post inaccurate and misleading information.

Perhaps you should check your facts.

-

In what way does a yellow line not qualify as a restriction?

-

01 is the standard code for describing a yellow line contravention. It should not and cannot really accurately be used to describe anything else. On both counts you appeared to state the opposite.

-

OK, well thank you for pointing that out - having just had a quick Google I see that I am actually talking about a permitted parking area, not a restricted one so I did indeed have the wrong end of the stick and have had for several years!

However, you could have pointed that out politely rather than being so bluntly rude.

Consumerpower - appologies for confusing your thread - I'll delete my posts

Edited by pinkmoomin

If it helps fulls lists of the CPE contravention codes are available via most Council websites, 'London Councils', Patrol, DfT Guidance and numerous other sites.

Edited by Ting
'Peace!'

Hello, I am sorry I didnt meant to start a war.

I completely understand you need information to help, I don't know how to upload pictures on here or a copy of the ticket, so I typed all the informaiton contained all the ticket.

Please could someone be kind enough to provide advice on how to this or to let me know what further informaiton you need.

Many thanks for all your help and time

Hello, I am sorry I didnt meant to start a war.

I completely understand you need information to help, I don't know how to upload pictures on here or a copy of the ticket, so I typed all the informaiton contained all the ticket.

Please could someone be kind enough to provide advice on how to this or to let me know what further informaiton you need.

Many thanks for all your help and time

You have no need to appologise to anyone.

Please can the regulars show a bit of understanding and patience.

If you can scan the ticket or take a decent photograph of it (both sides) and upload on to your computer, then go to photobucket . com or tinypic and register. (it's free and safe)

Once there you will be shown how to upload images to the hosting site from your pc.

Once uploaded to the hosting site you will then have a html code that you can copy and post onto a reply here.

Just shout if you get stuck.

'Consumer'. I agree with the mod: There is nothing particularly to apologise about. It was a misunderstanding that didn't involve you and no fault of yours.

I'm used to a site where we happily correct each other (including when I get it wrong!) without any animosity developing. That ensures people get the correct info.

Freaky has now given you the method of posting images. I recommend you use 'Tinypic' because you do not have to register. Although you say you have typed all of the PCN detail - I have explained that this is only a very small part of it and we need the rest (there is a known error on the back that can contribute towards your appeal).

As green n mean has pretty much summed up the situation from the info we have - then pics of the location will be important - as I mentioned at the start.

'Pinkmoomin'. If I was abrupt with you then my sole intention is to make sure the OP gets the correct information - nothing more and it is nothing personal. I do not doubt your good intentions.

Looking good so far.

How far does the blank area extend? Doesn't look like there have ever been yellows there.

Any signs at all?

-

There was no line the whole way under the car,

I asked my friend about the signs they think it said no parking 8am to 7pm mon to saturday - but that was where the yellow line was I know thats probably not helpful here is the ticket as well

14o38gm.jpg[2lm6g0l.jpg

Edited by consumerpower