OLD Repaid loans & Debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Aplogises if someone has already previously answered this. I have 2 lots of repaid loans/debts from 2006 which i eventually repaid through various DCA's etc and remember that both had added on some cracking charges,fees etc ( not aware of this site back then!!)- Is there anything i can do now??

To confirm that both have been fully repaid in 2006

Thank You

Charges must not be punitive in nature, they must be representative of the tru cost to the creditor, ie. charging you £30 for bouncing a chq would be seen as punitive.

At the moment there is no clear set of charges, so the best way to go is simply request that any charge made against your accounts outside of the normal running of the account should be claimed

Charges can only be applied to an account if they are specifically stipulated in the agreement, in other words if you agree to these charges in advance - when you sign the agreement.

DCA's and Solicitors cannot apply charges to your account AT ALL!!

The only time charges can be applied to a debt outside of the terms and conditions of the agreement is by the order of the courts

eg. If I employ a DCA to collect a debt for me, I am responsible for their fee, not the person who owes the money. if they have applied charges to the account, then they are completely unlawful.