My PC isn't playing, please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sooooo much stuff isn't working normally since I got back online, and it's really starting to bug me. :(

BT have been nothing short of awful, but I don't think it's them, methinks it's something I have done. Just now Youtube won't work and is constantly loading.....it's the same with other web pages, but not all of them? CAG is fine? so whatever codes(?) that are required for forums aren't affected. Right now I have a message stating 'Ulead MP3 codec V1.0.17' popped up in a box (that's an image/photo type thing...why this!)

My PC is very slow at times, but my BT broadband is 5x faster than what I had on VM...so it can't be that?. Whilst I was off line I was soooo bored I made my PC squeaky clean or so I thought.

I have no idea what this is, but I did delete some Java updates from the CP amongst other things, could that be it?

Please help! :D

I think you may possible have a little bug. No harm in finding out.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

Download this FOC and just do the quick scan for now. I bet it finds something. If it does, delete the suggested things and then complete a full scan. Quick scan should only take 5 mins or so.

Let me know how you get on Thai. This tool works wonders.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Sooooo much stuff isn't working normally since I got back online, and it's really starting to bug me. :(

BT have been nothing short of awful, but I don't think it's them, methinks it's something I have done. Just now Youtube won't work and is constantly loading.....it's the same with other web pages, but not all of them? CAG is fine? so whatever codes(?) that are required for forums aren't affected. Right now I have a message stating 'Ulead MP3 codec V1.0.17' popped up in a box (that's an image/photo type thing...why this!)

My PC is very slow at times, but my BT broadband is 5x faster than what I had on VM...so it can't be that?. Whilst I was off line I was soooo bored I made my PC squeaky clean or so I thought.

I have no idea what this is, but I did delete some Java updates from the CP amongst other things, could that be it?

Please help! :D

OUCH, Big OUCH. never remove updates, unless u remove the whole program. To fix Java, completely remove it from your PC, do a disk clean up and restart ur machine. Then re-install it. It should install the latest version without all the updates.

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

Cheers chaps

YT started working again fairly soon, so I suppose it was the site, but PC is still behaving strangely.

Sod 'em it's not a virus I'm sure, cheers anyway. :D

You know how you just know your PC (for those that don't understand it all, like me) it just works a certain way.... well it's just not the same.... one minute it's OK, the next it's driving me up the wall!. I think I've got it wrong before, I now think it is this s**t crepe from BT! I'm hardly filed with confidence at their unfortunate claim that 'they don't use this router anymore'.... brill, glad I got the last of the crepe. :rolleyes: and they really cheesed me off with their explanation.

Me: This aint working!

BT: Did you use the ethernet or the USB?

Me: ethernet

BT: No.... that model uses only USB

Me: But the manual suggested preference to ethernet cable?

BT: well, the drivers for that aren't on that disc

Me: I F****** know, why did you send me that

BT: allow me to patronise you for a while (haha)

Me: So why send me a router with the wrong drivers?

BT: I will talk poo and refuse to address the issue, give me money NOW

Me: Nibble at my cheese.

Arggghhh not half of it! I actually miss TalkTalk...twas good!

And IAPYDC, I know now, I shouldn't have done that! buggar. :D

Cheers fella, I've downloaded that. (hope it does the trick, and SUN! that's the name I've been trying to remember!).

I suppose you are to be congratulated for the derby result. ;)

Damnit. :D (mighty whites my ass!!!)

I didnt see u was a lasher, u could try www.virusforlashers.com I dunno if it exists and do not click lol

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

Thailand

have you sorted it yet, if not do you want some help

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I downloaded above even though I have never had a problem with my PC whatsoever. That thing still found 2 hidden faults on registry keys. I always believe in Avast as security for any PC which is free also, but that is an antivirus programe.

I know many people who think they have no (or small) problems with their PS/Laptop. Malware Bytes is worth a go any way. It doesn't cost a penny. Even if your PC is running smoothly (like mine was) it will pick up on everything. I have studied PC security more than I have studied Bank Charges and the likes.

It's entirely up to you, but if a pub manager said to me "do you want to try this free beer to see what it tastes like, I would say........YIP. If I didn't like the taste, then I would say "thanks, but it tastes like s**t and it's not my cup of tea."

The moral of the story is.

If it's free..... Don't knock it;)

Also (and don't take this the wrong way),

Don't knock it till you've tried it....:p

You may also like to ensure your PC is properly cleaned. Some time ago, I wrote this post, giving details of various free programs that will not only to remove the junk from your system, but will help to keep it clean.

The post was made back in Feburary, but links are still good, with the one exception of the final link (HijackThis), which is now located here. Additionally, you can ignore the AVG Spyware link, as those functions are now included in the latest edition of AVG.

As SOD'EM has already said, Avast is a more than acceptable alternative to AVG, if you prefer to use that; both are free and provide excellent protection.

Cheers chaps

I'm running the first one now and has already found 6 infections. I run Spybot and AVG everyday, so I'm sort of surprised, though AVG has been grey everyday sinced I moved and have to update manually, so I don't even know if it has been running.

I'll try Avast next, cheers.

I think you may possible have a little bug. No harm in finding out.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

Download this FOC and just do the quick scan for now. I bet it finds something. If it does, delete the suggested things and then complete a full scan. Quick scan should only take 5 mins or so.

Let me know how you get on Thai. This tool works wonders.

Yikes, I did this and found 533 errors! Will only fix 20 - is it worth me buying it to fix all errors?If so is it safe?

be carefull when it says buy to fix,, sounds like you have run a trial version

do you have MSN ?, most of these problems can be easy fixed,

there is a very simple way to resolve a lot by using "HIJACKTHIS" it show everything that is running and allows you to remove the offending prg's etc,

if you have msn ( dont post id here !) i can go through it with you and give you links for other GOOD FREE utilitys etc

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Yikes, I did this and found 533 errors! Will only fix 20 - is it worth me buying it to fix all errors?If so is it safe?

I'd be cautious. The free versions of programs of this type are often problematic in that they scan your PC then produce multiple (often hundreds) of false-positives; the idea being to frighten you into purchasing the full software.

I would favour using completely free and trusted programs first (see the link in my previous post) to clean your system. In the highly unlikely event that anything is left, you could PM me with the list and I can tell you if it is harmful or not, or you might like to post the list on the Spywareinfo forums. These forums are the techy equivalent of CAG, and have the latest updates on what is happening in the world of spyware/malware, as well as vast numbers of people who are there to solve your computer problems.

:eek:How many?:eek:,

Have you been downloadin dodgy stuff?:p

I got rid of 911 Viruses (for a friend) with that, his laptop was back to normal afterwards.

If it only deletes so many file problems, some of them will not be Malware. Could be Adware or Trojans. None of them are good.

ps. Don't buy. Do another scan and then delete all when the scan is finished. Quick scan first, then full scan.

If AVG is grey, I'd sugest right click the icon in your taskbar and selecting "upgrade now". May also be worth running a full scan after it's up to date.

If the program already has the latest virus definitions, double click your time and check that the date is set correctly on your PC, as that is what AVG uses to see how old the virus definitions are.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar