Is my car about to be clamped?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Rossendales have been to visit us again and put a note thru the door with our car reg on it.

Does anyone know if this means it will be clamped or taken away or are they just trying to frighten us?

We have been paying them £100 a month as was agreed with them but as it was all done by phone, I have no proof of this. They are now saying they want payment in full.

I have never and will never give them access to my home, and I have sent letters to both them and the council as per someones advice from here. I haven't heard anything yet!

My car is currently parked outside my house. Is it in danger?

Thanks

HI

Rossendales have been to visit us again and put a note thru the door with our car reg on it.

Does anyone know if this means it will be clamped or taken away or are they just trying to frighten us?

We have been paying them £100 a month as was agreed with them but as it was all done by phone, I have no proof of this. They are now saying they want payment in full.

I have never and will never give them access to my home, and I have sent letters to both them and the council as per someones advice from here. I haven't heard anything yet!

Thanks

Only send letters from people that are well known and are not new people on this forum. as a certain member is giving out the wrong information.

So whats cooking today ?

HI

Thanks

whats the full story here ?

How much have they charged ...how many visits etc ?

yes they can take the car if its yours.

The full story is just a bit further down under Rossendales and Council Tax . .sorry I don't know how to link these posts!

They visited us once, and asked us for £300 in full. We didnt have it and they eventually agreed to settle for £100 a month and for us to send a couple of forms back. One of these was a blank WPA, and the other was just asking for details of our income. We sent back the one giving details of our income but were advised not to send the other back.

They then sent us a letter stating due to non payment we had to pay in full within 7 days. We sent them an email asking why when we had not defaulted or been late with our payment. They informed us we had no payment arrangement in place and told us to call the bailiff in charge. They did confirm receipt of our money tho.

We did this and he was very rude and agressive, told my partner he was going to prison and said he would be back tomorrow to seize the car.

We contacted the council and asked them to take the debt back but they say they can't. The council said we need to increase our payments to £150 a month and return the forms to the bailiffs. We cannot afford the £150 without falling into arrears with something else and told the council this both by phone and by email. We are also worried that they would once again change their minds in a few months.

Yesterday the man arrived and shoved a "BAILIFF REMOVAL" letter thru the door with our car reg on it and a handwritten figure which appears to be our balance plus an extra £300.

Does this mean they now have our car? Is there anything I can do? I have written to both bailiff and council as I now know I need to keep a record of everything but I have not heard anything today. It took Rossendales 11 days to reply to my original email asking why they were asking for payment in full.

Does this info help?

Goledn rule number 1. never sig anything given to yuo by a bailiff. Rule number 2. Never open the door to a bailiff. Make your car safe or park it well away. Its still yours provided its not subject to HP. A bailiff cannot threaten anyone with prison, he commits an offence and can lose his bailiffs certificate. They are winding you up and they know its working.

DEALING WITH BAILIFFS ON YOUR DOORSTEP

1. ALWAYS! Keep your door LOCKED SHUT at all times. NEVER open the door to a bailiff - speak through a window or letterbox

2. ALWAYS! Hide your car - in the garage or park it well away

3. ALWAYS! Take a photo of the bailiff and his vehicle (better still use a video camcorder) and record everything

4. ALWAYS! Speak as little as possible to the bailiff

5. ALWAYS! Ask for his bailiff's certificate number

6. ALWAYS! Ask which court issued his certificate

7. ALWAYS! Ask for a full breakdown of his fees IN WRITING

8. ALWAYS! Ask who the creditor is (if you don't know)

9. ALWAYS! Pay using a credit card, avoid cash and debit cards if possible

10. ALWAYS! If you have grounds, get an appeal lodged immediately (parking tickets) - it stops enforcement

1. NEVER! Sign any documents handed to you by a bailiff

2. NEVER! Phone a bailiff (unless asking him which Court issued his certificate)

3. NEVER! Admit any debt

4. NEVER! Say or "confirm" your name address or date of birth

If you feel intimidated or threatened by a bailiff, call police on 999. Remember that door remains LOCKED SHUT until the bailiff is a safe distance from your property. You DO NOT have to open the door to police. If possible get EVERYTHING on video, it can be used in court: Example: YouTube - Rossendales Bailiffs

Send this to the bailiff. It should fix any fee irregularities.

edited

If a bailiff turns up, throw this down to him from a window.

[DATE]

BY HAND

Dear Bailiffs.

Re: Your Reference

[NAME OF] Council appears to have instructed you to collect unpaid council tax.

This notice directs that you are not being given entry to my home or to levy goods contained within and your entitlement to charge a Walking Possessions fee stands revoked. Please be advised that if your fees are found to contradict Regulation 14(2) or Regulation 45(2) of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 and you may be liable for criminal prosecution under the Fraud Act 2006. Without corresponding with you further I will also automatically file a Form 4 at court.

Due to my circumstances I am unable to pay the debt in whole and will make payment of £[AMOUNT] each month for [NUMBER OF] monthly instalments direct to the council.

These are the only payments I can afford and allows me to pay future council tax liabilities without falling into arrears. Please be advised it is not a "criminal offence" for me to deny a bailiff entry to my property and it is an offence to threaten me with breaking and entering with "locksmiths".

Please provide me with a breakdown of your fees, put it through the letterbox and quietly leave the property.

Yours Faithfully

YOUR NAME

Edited by jonni2bad

Another one who engages keyboard before engaging brain. Is that you again tomtubby?

You have managed to insult 2 users with that 1 comment. Please refrain from personal insults.

If people don't agree with your advice then they are entitled to say so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Sadly, it is now COMMONPLACE for bailiff's to levy on your car. They can charge a levy fee for doing this.

Is the car in your name?

Is the car subject to finance?

How much is it worth?

How much is the debt and have you received a breakdown of charges?