style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All..

I have posted on here before..Our Landlord did not furfill obligations for repair to the property..The Enviromental Health hazard rated the Property and ordered LL to complete repairs..Instead she tried to evict us..

Solicitors were involved as she had failed to provide a proper contract..She had not completed repairs..no safety certificates...hazards..illegal eviction and not putting the deposit in a scheme..

The Solicitors negotiated us leaving in return for our removal cost being covered by LL.In return for not taking LL to Court.On the 11th hour 7 days before we left..The LL suddenly put the Depsosit amount into the DPS...against the agreement and against our wishes..

We left the property in good order..except those parts that were noted by the EH..

We had a great checkout by Inventary company who remarked how great it was left..We have full photographic evidance of this..taken at the same time as the inventory..We took pictures of minor paint touch ups and were aware LL may ask for this to be repainted..We asked for quote by Painters and kept these in case..

We didnt hear from LL so applied to the DPS for the return of our deposit.Single Claim.I frequently contacted LL by Email..I have copies..asking for a response over whther we could have access for painters..if required..

LL wrote to previous soliciotors..against my wishes as they were not representing us..I had set up contact for LL so she could respond.We have a copy of a letter refusing to do this..

New tenants moved in..LL started a despute with the DPS and when she was asked to provide quotes they were dated Midjune approz 6 weeks after new tenant had moved in..

We informed DPS that the amount she placed with them was part of a agreement set up but the Solicitors and was not negotiable.DPS agreed that LL was complicating matters and was not playing ball with them either .They adviced us we were within our rights to start proceedings as it was proberley best that the ADR was not used.We could prove that even at the Final Inventory we had requested that LL or representative be present so if work was needed we could get it done have our money and say goodbye..

LL has a proven history of not responding..Of delay tactics..of flouting rules..DPS agreed that even with them she left it to the very last minute and was confusing proceedings..

We said as it was not negotiable..The repairs were a seperate issues as they amount was part of the slcitors agreement.In light of the fact we could prove that we offered to have any Minor problems fixed if needed..She did not resond..

We can prove that she has delayed..we can prove we have tryed to be amicable and have been more than fair..

These proceedings were issued in August up North cus that is where Husband works and we are moving there soon..LL did not respond in 14 days but called Court to say LL had been away and needed more time..Courts allowed this!!!!!..Now finally nearly 3 months later LL has responded By moving the proceedings to where she lives and also by bringing a counter claim for Damage to the property!!!

The amount is part of the Original agreement..we can show that LL lives by LL rules..

where do we go from here..Do we ask for proceedings to be sent back up north..How can she claim against us when we can prove that we have always played ball..

Any advice would be great..If I can supply more info I will..

Kind Regards CF

Edited by Coastfodder
To apologise for spellings errors

I fail to see why the DPS have not simply returned the deposit to you. There is no reason for them to send you to court to do this - if they feel that the landlord is playing a game, then they need to adjudicate and decide as they see fit.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thankyou mrs Shed..

I am in complete agreement with you..It is obvious that it was part of an out of court action..Even so I waited for the 10 days to be up..

It took from April till Mid Jun to get a resonse from LL..who is acting as if she knows nothing about any of it..She completely ignored any referance to this by ourselves..she has falcified documants..she then requested it went to ADR June time..which is when I taold the DPS that I had had enough..We could prove time and time again that she is playing games..

They said until they had a court order they could not release funds..

She is not using her original Soliciotor who on 3 occaisons phoned our Solictor to apologise for her Clients non Compliance with agreements that were trying to be made but LL would do something completely different much to the anger and frustration of all involved..

We have seen by her court papers that a solictor has filled them in but will not act fo her...

Honestly this is a woman who saw the ceilings were falling down.EH had tried for months to get action from her .We had 4 young Children...We had tried for a year to get her to repair..But she said it was OUR fault cus we didnt hassle her..Im sorry but numorous letters and phone calls we gave to her in our eyes shows we kept on at her..She admits she read them but still did nothing cus it was our fault we didnt persue her..

We are filling in the apers to request a full hearing..We are truely not going to be victims..Thankyou CF

To All..

Well we have now recieved a Copy of her defense and a counterclaim..

LL has confirmed that new Tenants moved into the Property 4 weeks to the day that we moved out.It was let for a higher amount and LL was able to relet Property without The FULL paint Job and other "issues" that were brought up..

The LL has suggested that a Solcitor is acting for her when offical forms say they are not..She has not signed the Court Papers (another attempt to hold up proceedings??)She has named and quoted a referance for The Solcitors on the front page.We are certain this is a false claim.

The quotes for work are false..

LL sates that she could not contact me as she did not have an address..

2 weeks before we left LL insisted i respond to a request by Email.I did this and provided LL with an Email address I could be contacted on 24/7..

Thankyou for reading cf

On looking through the forms more fully we can see that her of her defense is taken up with the point that were in the original out of court proceedings..It was our understanding that these Matters were not to be used in any further proceeding (which we havent done).Hence our Case starts from when we left the property. we make no referance to previous matters except to say LL has broken agreement.

We have also noted that LL has not signed ANY of the Documants!!! this is something that we have had problems with in the past!!! LL does not sign so further delays are caused..

Also what is the acceptable format to produce Photographs to the court?? On a Disk or Copies of the pictures???

Many Thanks CF

Edited to add huge apologies to MR Shed..Im sorry Sir for typing my Reply to MRS Shed

Edited by Coastfodder
Apologies