Taking a DCA to court ~ 21/11/08 ***Won in Court, with Costs***

berrylover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am court tomorrow, am taking a DCA to court for costs and damages as I believe the DCA persued and harrassed me when I was not the person who owed them the money. Just wondering if anyone can help me with the protocol. You call the judge Sir, right? Unless its a woman and then???? My hearing is scheduled for half an hour. What should I expect? Any help/advice/moral support would be appreciated.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Moral support you can have in spades.

A suggestion though. take some time to visit the court and see if there are any public sessions you can sit in on. (it may pay to phone the court first as county courts sometimes sit in chambers which means no public allowed)

this should give you more idea of what to expect rather than going in completely blind

how you address the judge depends on what kind of judge they are

A Magistrate

(including District Judge)

Sir / Madam

A Circuit Judge

Your Honour

A Superior Judge

(Puisne judge or above)

My Lord / Lady

District judges sit in county court so you would address as sir/madam

From personal experience of going to county court, you have served your action - so the judge has all the information - he/she may read it to you or precis it so that he is sure he has things right.

He may then ask you some questions, or ask if you have anything to add. Dont completely reiterate your case - he should have read it. only answer the questions with polite and concise answers. dont elaborate unless requested to do so. Listen to the question asked and answer it and then stop talking.. you only have to watch judge judy (My wife is a fan) to see that people often talk themselves out of winning.

Have a clear idea of what you want the court to do.

certainly the judge said to me - so what are you asking for??

make sure you take any papers that you are relying on in your case to court and have them organised in a logical way so if you need to refer to them you can immediately turn to them. There is nothing more infuriating than standing waiting while someone shuffles through a pile of disorganised paper.

If you think you might need something - take it with you.

Better to have it and not use it than be asked for it and not have it.

Dress smartly - it may be obvious but you will gain more respect from the court if you dress appropriately.

get there in plenty of time. - dont be rushing and last minute - if you are late you will annoy the court and you will also be hyper flustered when you go in. Give yourself time to get in and settle down - dont arrive too early though otherwise sitting in the waiting room may cause your nerves to get worse.

If you have a friend that can go with you - then take them - moral support is very useful.

These are a few thought for you to consider - as I said based upon my own experience in county court (getting an order against a landlord who didnt want to return a security deposit)

Let us know how you get on and the very best of luck.

• Haha 4

Good luck - let us know how you get on :)

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

good luck - and good advice from flydoc

:) ciao maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thanks guys

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

I am court tomorrow, am taking a DCA to court for costs and damages as I believe the DCA persued and harrassed me when I was not the person who owed them the money. Just wondering if anyone can help me with the protocol. You call the judge Sir, right? Unless its a woman and then???? My hearing is scheduled for half an hour. What should I expect? Any help/advice/moral support would be appreciated.

Good luck. :) I hope you put down everything including the kitchen sink for your costs? I've read a few stories that a lot of judges are fed up with DCA's, and are quite happy to award the costs you claim without question. I think the only time they would question it, if it was really over the top excessive. But even then you'd just ask the judge to set an amount they thought appropriate.

Also if the DCA don't pay up in 14 days, send the bailiffs in. Costs about £85 to do it, but he DCA has to refund you that and the costs.

The more DCA's get hit by costs when they lose in court, the more careful the'll be in future to make sure they have a valid case before going down the court route.

This could save lot of people who don't discover sites like this one, a lot of DCA hassle and money.

Good luck for tomorrow, le us know in minute detail what happens. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Thank you FB. Am hoping I get a judge who can see what a slime bag company they are.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Thanks

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Thank you to everyone for the support, it means a lot to know you are all behind me.

:D

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

You never know. lol

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Ok, I cannot say much about what happened (agreed I wouldn't), but what I can say, I WON!!!! Was awarded costs and DCA have until a week on friday to pay them or I can get the bailiffs in, lol. I am over the moon!!!!

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Ok, I cannot say much about what happened (agreed I wouldn't), but what I can say, I WON!!!! Was awarded costs and DCA have until a week on friday to pay them or I can get the bailiffs in, lol. I am over the moon!!!!

Wow that's fantastic news well done!

Have been checking this thread for news.

Hope you got a substantial sum. Go & treat yourself to something nice as a reward.

ITO