Lowell/HFO claimform - old barclaycard debt **WON***

Pank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I have today had a Notice of Discontinuance from the court. Thurnbull have packed it in. It does not say why, to be honest I don't care.

Thank you everyone that have helped me especially IGNM. I would not have got this far without you help.

Cheers

CONGRATULATIONS - That is awesome

They have discontinued - you are entitled to your costs up to the point of discontinuance

Seriously pursue them for your costs - how many hours have you spent on the case - £9.25 per hour, copying, postage, court fees

You must have spent 40 or more hours

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant... hang on in there for the costs! Keep the faith and all that jazz... I know it's a pain but just think of the day you can post here writing that you have won costs and if they don't pay up you will be instructing a bailiff hahaha :D

well done mate...I hope the buggers give up on my father as well!

They only give up if you fight them hard...

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Great news. They really don't like fast track, do they?

I know - it terrifies them...the other thing they can't seem to handle is having any sort of legal argument...

Superb- just what I was expecting :D

I G N M- you`ve been a star in all of this I have to say- pat yourself on the back- you deserve all the accolades!!

And anyone else who has contributed- and there has been lots of you- all pat yourself on the back- you`re all part of this great community, whereby now consumers have the right to fight their corner and not allow these sharks to attempt to collect money through the Courts whereby they don`t even have a legal argument to start with- tut tut tut...

Any feeling that I`ve helped you today- then add to my reputation and click those scales!

Have been away as my mother was taken ill and have just caught up with this tremendous news. Pank - well done you have shown great courage and stood your ground aided and abetted by all of us but especially IGNM.

Yes and hit them for those costs - make the buggers squeal a bit more.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The way to beat these people is to put them to proof of assignment. Remember to put at the end of your Statement of Defence a standard paragraph that runs:

"Further to the above, the Defendant neither admits nor denies all other things expressly pleaded by the Claimant."

Then look at the assignment clause in your credit agreement. It usually provides for the assignment of the original lender's rights and/or benefits. Those can be assigned with or without your consent.

The assignment of duties needs your consent, and if you haven't given it either in the contract or at all, then under s189(1) CCA 1974, they don't fall within the definition of a "creditor".

• 1 month later...

hi pank,

have spent the last 2 hrs reading all your thread, ive my own thread 'hfo sent court papers today'

well done. i myself have a court date next month, and im very scared. ive been trying to find something positive to read. i have filed an amended defence with court, i now have to do a skeleton but am soooo confused and dont know where to begin with that. i hope mine is discontinued, but knowing my luck ill be in court. i just feel very stupid, i really have no clue and dont understand law.. i think this will be my downfall

well done again!

I can't emphasise this too strongly: when you submit your Statement of Defence, state that you neither admit nor deny any assignment of the account and of the rights and duties attaching thereto, as pleaded or at all.

In order to be your creditor by assignment - see definition section in CCA s189(1) - HFO must have been given both the contractual duties and the contractual rights.

Look for the assignment clause in the Terms and Conditions. If it provides for an assignment of rights and benefits, then there is no possibility of duties having passed unless you've signed a novation (which most people haven't done).

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell/HFO claimform - old barclaycard debt **WON***