return to work after maternity leave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has returned to work after taking her maternity leave.

She was a manager at the company before she left. In her absence the company promoted an existing member of staff to manager.

Now that she has returned she has found that a lot of her responsibilities has been removed and given to the other manager.

You could interperet this as the employers failure to give my wife her old job back, as she clearly does not have the same levels of responsibility as she did before she left for maternity leave.

She is going to resign, as the company have been inflexible and unsympathetic re: her having a baby from day 1.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing ? If so, what did you do ? Did you escalate to a tribunial ? what happened ?

Any advice would be appreciated. I phoned ACAS and they werent that helpfull.

You need to tell us how long mat leave she took was it 6 months (OML) or 6 months + (AML)

RTW after OML = must be to EXACTLY the same role

RTW after AML is different and the role could be different but must be suitable and appropriate. There must be a good reason for the change, if there was one.

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]