style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just a bit of advice if possible please?

I had an overdraft when I was a student up to £2,000. When I left university I contibued to use this but after 12months the overdraft was stopped and I was told I had to pay the full amount back immediately. (Apparently they had sent me a letterre this before removing the facility but sent to wrong address - even though postwas being re-routed anyway...). Queue me sobbing in the aisle atthe bank as they had added £250 worth of charges and all my wages were now swallowed up.

Theyagreed to help by offering me a loan to pay off the debt (oh aren;t they kind), which I jumped at cos I was so distressed. I don't remembera lot about the details but I just signed whatever they offered. I was paying £85.00/month on a £2000 loan.

It was only laterthatI realised that I had PPI. Whether I was made aware at the time I don't know, I just can't remember. Approx 2 years into the loan I realised I had PPI and called asked if I could put payments on hold as I was leaving my job and looking for another. They advised I wasn't covered by unemployment only redundancy. I then asked what I was paying PPI for then and asked them to remove it which they did. I think payments went down to about £78.00/month.

Do you think I have a case for reclaiming the PPI? If it makes any difference I took the loan out in approx 2003.

Thanks so much.

If you were making ourself voluntarily unemployed then in that case they were right to not pay out or allow you to put your payments on hold. They could have put payments on hold as a gesture of good will but that is down to them. PPI is allegedly to cover your payments for stuff that happens that is out of your control

As for claiming it back - can you remember if they actually talked about it seperately?

There are several ways in which PPI is mis sold and you need to look at some of the stickies before you make that decision but it will have to be based on mis selling not the fact they wouldn't pay up in those circumstances you have described. Chances are if they saw you were in a state they took advantage of it - were you working at the time? Did you have any other type of insurance in place that might cover it? and so on

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Hi Redvixen,

Thanks for the reply.

I honestly can't remember what was said, I was in a real state at the time. I think I may ask for the information they have on the loan, i.e. paperwork I signed etc and see what info they give me.

Thanks again