Car finance problem - just had car delivered

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3863 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

The story so far:

I have been accepted on a HP deal. I used broker that advertises that you can find a car at any garage and they will arrange the finance, pay the garage the funds and then arrange for the car to be delivered to you.

Using any garage is not quite true. The have a panal of approved garages and offer you a selection of cars to chose from.

This was not really a problem as I am not fussy and selected a car I liked, arranged the finance and the car was delivered today. So far so good.

However, when they sent me the list of cars, I selected the one I liked and based on the reg number and mileage I managed to "google" it and found the exact car at a garage up north.

The price was £6000 which I have financed.

Two days ago I checked the car on the garage website and noticed that the garage had reduced the price to £5000. (£1000 off). By this time I had signed the agreement and everything was underway for the garage to recieve payment. A day later the car vanished from the garage website - obviously because I had bought it.

As a stroke of genius I made a PDF copy of the webpage showing the price reduction.

I would obviously like this price reduction reflected in the credit agreement.

As I am still in the 14 day period from signing the agreement, can I advise the finance company there is an error with the figures?

I would like to keep the car now and I'm happy with the monthly payments etc but I am not happy for the finance company to pocket an extra £1000 + intertest over 4 years.

Cheers,

It's going to be an interesting year...

I doubt that the finance comapny will be pocketing the difference -it will be the dealer!

Have you got a copy of the sales invoice - what does that say?

True, I was thinking that the broker was probably pocketing the difference rather than the finance company - perhaps that's where I should start. I have a pile of paperwork so I will check and see if there is an invoice.

It's going to be an interesting year...

As you purchased the car on line/telephone the distance selling regulations (DSR) apply and you can cancel the purchase up to 7 days of receipt of the vehicle, and get a full refund of all monies. you can then repurchase the car at the lower price, which I think the broker would go or he would loose the sale completely.