• Tweets

• Thanks for letting us know. Please make sure that you keep detailed logs of everything that is happening and if there is ever any opportunity to get copies of anything – make sure you ask them. Don't expect to be given anything without asking. Which is the company which identified his application as fraudulent? I think it would be worth knowing more about this because it could act as a model for the way that Aviva should have acted and I think this will help.
    • @BankFodder I have had a little ray  of hope given to me one of the companies Z had taken a loan out with confirmed it was for private registeration plates which link to Z plus again hes used his own email own number and own bank details they have fully investigated this took them 2.5hrs to label this as fraudulent  Secondly, the police git back I touch with me the case is with the domestic abuse team the lady officer dealing with it said there's enough evidence here to arrest him and do a house search she asked for copies of my credit report which I have given plus the company who said it was fraud asked for the officers details and vice versa so im assuming they'll be talking to each other too ...finally think I'm getting somewhere thank you for all your support and encouragement  x
    • I think there are a number of core issues   1. For people I have spoken with - Too many people seem to take the 'all politicians are liars and crooks so its pointless voting. I try to point out that if that is their core issue then the ONLY way to vote is against the worst liars and crooks to give them all an incentive to be more honest.   2. Johnson isn't just running on 'i got more people vaccinated, it isnt that simple - he's wrapping it all up in a 'hate and blame the foreigner' package .. and very effectively - although the expected third wave ahead of 'booster jabs however less severe death wise (a lot of the susceptible have already died) may dent that despite johnson pointing the finger at 'foreigners (18 million+ of whom Johnson let into the UK in the first months of the pandemic)   On to labour/starmer/Corbyn   1. cluckski made a single good point amongst his Corbyn promoting drivel: Nobody really knows what Starmer is for. What comes to my mind is:   * Starmer 'supporting Johnson' in 'constructive politics' while doing FAR too little 'opposition' however ineffective - apparently in fear of how it might be promoted by the populists - WHAT!!! talk about being driven. Why vote for someone to support Johnson.   * Starmer saying 'make Johnsons plan work' WT... nobody can make it work its so full of contradictions and fantasy - as we see from the repeating breaches by the UK   *** Despite being a legal eagle with an unconscionable crook opposite him in the dock who is lying through his teeth and wiping his backside on the ministerial code  as often as most wipe their backside - the crook keeps getting off largely scot free 'in court'   * Starmer looks more like hes got a pipe bomb up his backside and Johnson has the deadmans switch in his waving hands     plus   * Corbyn is still a blight on the Labour leaning middle ground (who stayed at home) as mandelson largely accurately detailed * its likely that Corbynista leaning local councilors are being trashed in these elections - I didnt vote for the corbynista local to me. * The Corbynistas will almost certainly not have voted for or promoted Starmer - quite the opposite - and there are signs that many 'returned' to the greens while trying to leave scorched earth     So Starmer needs to * Come up with concise soundbite policies that will inspire his team and the population and maybe enen the none fanatic Corbynistas * Use his more inspiring and passionate leftentents like Milliband and Nandy more * Start properly holding Johnson to account, not burbling some legaleese that allows him to claim he won the moral argument (we wins SFA)  
    • @Conniff   But the sleaze and trust issue will take time to fester, with the media taking their part in highlighting issues.  Plus there are a number of inquiries taking place.   Boris is popular at the moment due to vaccination delivery helping the country out of the nightmare of the last 12 months. And also the Brexit vote has triggered the nationalistic feeling in many people.   Will Boris still be as popular at the end of 2021 ?    
    • So I’ve had a second witness statement arrive this morning- not looked at it yet but will do & post up later.   the hearing is next week- so doesn’t give much opportunity to respond to any points 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Business T & C 1991

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have a copy of the Natwest Business account terms and conditions in effect for 1991. I have a hearing looming and am in desperate need for a copy.

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

Hello Ed. I have a copy of NWB1213 Dec 91-1 "General terms upon which the Bank makes facilities available".

If you think that will be of any use, please PM me with a fax number and I will get it over to you.

Ed - I have been searching through my bumf from when I was a sole trader back in 1991 but haven't found anything yet. There is still a lot of stuff to go through - what is your cut off date?

Hi Trilby,

Early second week in December. I have been searching for these for ages and it's starting to give me a headache:-x

NatWest Settled in full

Sorry guys - abject failure. I even tried my local 'friendly' bank manager and he couldn't find any either. I still have some stuff to go through but don't hold out much hope now.

Sorry again :(

Hi Trilby,

Thanks for trying. Can you get me a copy of the general terms that you found. i don't have a fax so is it possible to email them.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

NatWest Settled in full

If your out there YourBank, can you help? or point me in the right direction. Nice to speak to you again by the way

NatWest Settled in full