Jump to content

private hospital cosmetic surgery problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi there in 2007 my girlfriend looked in to having breast enlargement operation she chose a well known group


on the 26/08/07 she went for a consultation in london and decided to go ahead with the operation


on the 11/10/07 the operation was done at a cost of £4100 with 3 years after care


had 3 check ups at 7 days, 30 days and 90 days as was instructed by surgeon


few months later she found a small lump on the side of her ribs and made an appointment with her gp and was refured to hospital for a ultrasound scan which showed up a silicone leak


called the clinic which done the opperation and made an appointment to see a surgeon he confirmed the implant was broken they were ment to call back that week to arrange surgery to correct


no calls have been received as yet


i called them today after trying for 3 days to contact the correct person who has now told me the surgeon is no longer with them but he is the one who has to do the opperation to replace the implant and i will have to wait


the implants are guaranteed for 25 years


and as she paid £450 for the 3 years aftercare should it not be done asap by one of there other surgeons


where do we go from here they seam very quick to take your money before hand but as soon as there is a problem they are very hard to get hold of



thanks novacav and mrs novacav

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need to put your complaint and your expectations for resolution in writing asap. If the surgeon is no longer with them and your contract is with the company they will have to get someone else to do the replacement.


I would give them 14 days to come back to you and then submit a letter before action - get a quote from a different company and tell them that you will go elsewhere and charge them for it and also seek a refund of the afteracre fee.


That should wake them up. I would crack on with this as silicone leaking into the body is not good.

Poppynurse :)


If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...