Counting the pennies!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I came back to my car two mins after the pay and display had expired after somebody asked me for directions on the way back. Found a warden had been waiting and slapped a ticket on as soon as the pay and display had expired, this was in belsize village in the middle of the day with plenty of empty parking spaces around.

I'd like to show my appreciation to camden's finest by paying them in 2p pieces. Is there anything they can do to stop me wasting their time as much as they have been wasting mine?

Thanks for any opinions or experience.

You can play games like that if you want but it won't work. There are legal maximums for the amount of each coin that have to be accepted as payment - I'm told.

If you want to challenge the PCN show all of it and get pics of the location - signage and road markngs.

If it really wa sjust 2 mins then you potentially have a case on clock accuracy - calibration of both the p&d machine and the CEOs HHC.

-

then the council has to bag it and take it to the bank etc. worth a few minutes of anyone's time for the enjoyment. can always do the crossword while waiting.

why don't you just film it and put it on youtube? i'd get a kick out of watching it (anything to distract me from revision!!)

For all you doubters - from "Wikipedia"

In the United Kingdom, only coins valued 1 pound Sterling, 2 pounds, and 5 pounds Sterling are legal tender in unlimited amounts throughout the territory of the United Kingdom. In accordance with the Coinage Act 1971 [1], gold sovereigns are also legal tender for any amount. The face values of sovereigns are 50p, £1, £2 and £5; their value in material worth is much higher. The United Kingdom legislation that introduced the 1 pound coin left no United Kingdom-wide legal tender banknote.

Currently, 20 pence pieces, 25 pence coins (although many retail outlets do not recognise or accept this) and 50 pence pieces are legal tender in amounts up to 10 pounds; 5 pence pieces and 10 pence pieces are legal tender in amounts up to 5 pounds; and 1 penny pieces and 2 pence pieces are legal tender in amounts up to 20 pence.

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Yup! I am aware, but I know that there are limits to the amount of change tendered, but didn't know what it is.

"Wicked" sounds close enough for me, on this occasion.

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

1p and 2p coins are not legal tender over 20p and therefore could be refused. (the Coinage Act 1971)

It is unlikely they will be though.

try some old churchill crowns, they are legal tender for 25p :-D

Edited by HSBCrusher

then the council has to bag it and take it to the bank etc. worth a few minutes of anyone's time for the enjoyment. can always do the crossword while waiting.

I don't really think you have thought this through have you!!? The OP would have to first manually count out the money whilst the cashier would just weigh it or count in a machine. As for taking it to the bank do you really think they send a cashier down the bank with the takings :lol:?? The cashier is paid to sit there all day and count money the only people you are likely to p*ss off are those in the queue behind you who will probably fail to see the funny side.

1p and 2p coins are not legal tender over 20p and therefore could be refused. (the Coinage Act 1971)

It is unlikely they will be though.

try some old churchill crowns, they are legal tender for 25p :-D

Legal tender does not apply here as this is not payment of a debt into a court; therefore what does and does not constitute legal tender is irrelevant.

Definition of legal tender from the Royal Mint

Interestingly, Bank of England notes are not legal tender in any amount in Scotland and NI

Personally, I would have more fun paying by cheque via post.

The PCN/NtO will state that they accept cheques to a postal address - indeed, the law requires that an address be provided for postal payments.

However, there is absolutely no requirement for a cheque to be written in the form issued by the bank as a cheque book.

I would write it out long-hand on a piece of A4 and send them that. They will have great fun getting it through the banking system!