style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it my imagination or has BT changed the billing cycle so as they now get the monthly rental in advance or has it always been like that? If it always has been like that, why the billing change?:confused:

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

It's always been line rental in advance, calls payable after. BT have changed the computer systems recently (including the billing system)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 year later...

BT did not always charge in advance.

Prior to March 2010 you were billed fixed charges (line rental, broadband etc...) in the midde of the month, half in arrears and half in advance. Variable (call) charges were only charged in arrears (BT doesn't YET do estimates of usage that would enable it to charge you in advance for these too).

The change means that BT now charge you all fixed charges a full month in advance while variable charges are still charged a full month in arrears (for now, and untill they decide to estimate your usage...).

The implementation of this change has been done in stages to minimise the increase seen on the headline bill amount. Line rentals started charging a full monh in advance in March and Broadband in April. Clearly this was done to minimise the number of people that would notice the increase.

Crafty buggers...

The GPO have always billed me for 3 months in advance for line rental,same with BT and now broadband charges 3 months in advance.

All calls charges have been billed for 3 months in arrears.

PS

For those not heard of GPO read on http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/ate/main/telecom1.html and http://www.britishtelephones.com/homepage.htm

Who remember using these telephone boxes http://img3.photographersdirect.com/img/13725/wm/pd403941.jpg ?

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Yep, no difference. The game has always been played this way. The only REAL changes, were in the GPO/PO days calls were charged in 'UNITS' - the amount of time you got per unit was leas at peak times than at cheap rate.

Technology arrived and gave them the ability to charge by the second. Which they did, until they found the didn't make much money, so they brought in minute rounding, and added a connection charge for connecting the call. Making the cost of hanging up when you hear an answering machine of voicemail a very expensive pastime.

The rental periods, and paying for it in advance has been there since the service started.

Yep, no difference. The game has always been played this way. The only REAL changes, were in the GPO/PO days calls were charged in 'UNITS' - the amount of time you got per unit was leas at peak times than at cheap rate.

Technology arrived and gave them the ability to charge by the second. Which they did, until they found the didn't make much money, so they brought in minute rounding, and added a connection charge for connecting the call. Making the cost of hanging up when you hear an answering machine of voicemail a very expensive pastime.

The rental periods, and paying for it in advance has been there since the service started.

mmmm... not on my acount they only changed me to fully pay in advance this March 2010. Interesting to see they have such a mess where everyone is different

Anyone noticed the cost of day time calls has gone up with BT

I use these sipgate.co.uk - free phone service over your broadband link - voice over ip provider. during time and you get a number to match where you live.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...