Citigroup job cull to hit 75,000

PGH7447
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh dear, how sad!

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

I wonder how many will go at Blair Oliver & Scott? I live near Halifax and a lot of peeps who work for The Halifax are expecting big cuts there too.

Old saying "What goes around comes around".

Ex BOS employee: "But I used to work for you making peoples lives a misery, can I sort a payment plan out?"

Lloyds TSB git: "Tough we gonna take your house and make you feel like topping yourself. Get used to the pain, ha, ha, ha.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

They sound like a 'fined' upstanding financial institution:D

"Theft from customer accounts

On August 26, 2008 it was announced that Citigroup agreed to pay nearly $18 million in refunds and fines to settle accusations by California Attorney General Jerry Brown that it wrongly took funds from the accounts of credit card customers. Citigroup would pay $14 million of restitution to roughly 53,000 customers nationwide. A three-year investigation found that Citigroup from 1992 to 2003 used an improper computerized "sweep" feature to move positive balances from card accounts into the bank's general fund, without telling cardholders.[38]

Brown said in a statement that Citigroup "knowingly stole from its customers, mostly poor people and the recently deceased, when it designed and implemented the sweeps...When a whistleblower uncovered the [problem] and brought it to his superiors, they buried the information and continued the illegal practice."

From Citigroup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like to take a balanced view, and I think you are being very harsh. The vast majority of people losing their jobs will have families and commitments like the rest of us. They will have had no part in chasing people for money, or in managing the global financial decline.

Many will work in IT or back office functions, and could just as well have been employed by B&Q or the health service.

I dislike the banks behavior as much as anyone, but a lot of these people are unfortunate victims of corporate greed and arrogance, not of their own incompetence or failure.

Have a heart people!

I like to take a balanced view, and I think you are being very harsh. The vast majority of people losing their jobs will have families and commitments like the rest of us. They will have had no part in chasing people for money, or in managing the global financial decline.

Many will work in IT or back office functions, and could just as well have been employed by B&Q or the health service.

I dislike the banks behavior as much as anyone, but a lot of these people are unfortunate victims of corporate greed and arrogance, not of their own incompetence or failure.

Have a heart people!

I have a great deal of sympathy for the families of those who are likely to lose their jobs,

That's not quite the reality check I was looking for Paul.

I'm quite sure that you would be annoyed if a few bad solicitors, and bad people exist in every profession, caused a backlash against the whole legal profession, and everyone employed within it.

This is a self-help debt forum, and DCA baiting is fair game.

Not accepting the reality that not everyone involved in banking is responsible for the ills caused by a few at the top is unfair to those people who do jobs within banks which are totally unrelated to any harm caused to any member of these forums.

Not accepting the reality that not everyone involved in banking is responsible for the ills caused by a few at the top is unfair to those people who do jobs within banks which are totally unrelated to any harm caused to any member of these forums.

A similar defense was entered during the Nuremberg trials, but the plea of 'I was only obeying orders' didn't really cut it! What's the saying?... "if you sleep with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas"!

I think the reality is, the vast majority of those shed will be from the non money making arms of the business.

My employer has a call centre and we recently went through a round of redundnacies, the first ones selected were from the non profit making internal support services, this is seen as streamlining and efficiency.

Whilst i would never wish debt on an innocent person, the realist in me hopes that the vast majority of those losing their jobs are the scumbags who make others lives so miserable.

You will see a lot more sympathy being poured out for the poor souls, I would say by about 75 000 x!

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

A similar defense was entered during the Nuremberg trials, but the plea of 'I was only obeying orders' didn't really cut it! What's the saying?... "if you sleep with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas"!

By any standards, that reply is nonsense.

Are you seriously suggesting cleaners, IT support staff, clerks, and the likes of bank tellers have the same responsibility as those who claimed to be obeying military orders and committed war crimes?

At least try to have an educated debate about this which starts by comparing apples to apples, not some infantile sophistry.

The amount of unpleasantness being heaped upon all bank employees, lowers the tone of this forum, which in general welcomes people whatever condition they are in and by whatever route they arrive, and supports them through their troubles.

I wont reply to this thread anymore, the attitude of some disgusts my sense of fairness.

At least try to have an educated debate about this which starts by comparing apples to apples, not some infantile sophistry.

If you don't know what an analogy is...that's your problem. As for sophistry, I am not using 'subtly deceptive reasoning' by any stretch of the imagination, I'll leave that to the financial industry!