FirstPlus issues....

Nav1g8r
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just one more thing, don't talk to the other side's representative unless they are offering to agree to a suspension. They have been known to try to get info from you before you go before the judge as they will more than likely not have been given all the info by the lender - they tend to send a just qualified youth who wants to make an impression! Best to tell them you'll wait for the judge to decide.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Unfortunately the OP was in on Friday and I wasnt there so pretty much gave all infor the claimant's solicitor asked for. So will have to push and see if we get a nice judge tomorrow. Will update tomorrow with the outcome of case.

Cheers for all your help.

21st Century

Whats the eviction date?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Been up today and...

Got a 28 day suspension. :) :)

proved income and expenditure and proof of earnings. Different judge.

What we must now do is pay £418 + £70 (for the arrears) by next monday and 2 payments before 28 days is up. (I can do that)

I then have to either:

pay off all the arrears over 9 years (£140 ish a month for 9 years)

or

find re-financing (or go on a buy to let) within 28days (I can do and will have to do both - pay the account as above and find re-financing.)

Thanks Derek (21cn) and Ell-enn.

The judge understood what it was all about and i am just glad that the worst is now over.

Well done ! :):)

oh - one other thing - Derek has worked out that we have approximately £33k's worth of debt (credit cards and loans etc) that is all frozen at the moment (that was done by the CAB in Jan 07)...

have you seen anything as bad as that? I think we have spent the best part of 10 years earnings in 4 years...

Credit Crunch? I created it!!!! lol

:)

Hi Ell-enn,

I have another question regarding this, the OP took out a secured loan with FP. He borrowed 33k and took out payment protection on his loan, they charged him £6500 and added that to the start of the loan. Is this allowed?

As for you causing the recession, well that is just life, lets just move forward with the weeks ahead and start getting the full account details and sort it out. And you havnt responded to wether or not you have a FB for me. You must know someone, Ell-enn wont go out with me.

21st Century

:confused:

I take it you two know each other ? :confused:

Well obviously I don't get it or I wouldn't be asking :p

Sorry Ell-enn,

having one of those days, i think, yes we know each other. I was just on the wind up.

As you seen got success today, the claimants solicitor/paralegal attempted to get me as a friend excluded from the court room, Judge allowed me in - that was the first result. Then moved onto the case in which pushed the lack of help from firstplus.

the situation is on the arrangement that we made it allowed the case to be reviewed in 28days. The OP has to make payment on the 24th of the month. The only problem is there is a term of 9yrs 2mths remaining and with the repayment that we offered it would take 18years to clear the debt. So judge has suspended order for 28days to allow us time to re-finance or review payment plan. It has bought us time to look into things more like the PPI that was front loaded ie loan was 33k PPI was 7k and that was loaded to loan so loan was infact 40k with interest on the 40k. Have CCA'd to get original agreement and look at terms. We will win this one and he will be able to keep his house, just didnt have enough time to prepare.

Not to worry, we'll get there.

Will put a donation in tomorrow as wallet is in car and I really cant be bothered going out to get it. Lying on couch thinking of Jo - LOL Navigator!!

No time for me to go and have a drink, only problem with today was that I shaved and got my hair cut for the occassion and now it is bloody cold out there.

21st Century

whew, thanks for clearing that up - thought I was going mad (more than usual :D).

Good result today, well done - hope it works out.

By the way, just bought a dvd of Francie & Josie for my friend's husband for Xmas - are you too young to remember them?:p

Ell

Hi ell-enn,

yeah too young to know then how old do you think i am? how long ago was that - mid 60's. Now that lets me know how old you are, so maybe the saying the better the fiddle the better the tune ings true.

What one did you get? the delectable duo or the farewell romance?

Derek

I got the farewell performance :) I was only a kid in the mid sixties by the way:p still got my own teeth and can still do the splits (although a few gins needed these days pmsl)

Sounds like fun! As for you only being a kid, I wasnt even a twinkle in my fathers eye! infact he was using the lines in that DVD

"Yiz daancin'?" "Yiz aaskin'?" "Ah'm aaskin'." "Ah'm daancin'." LOL :lol:

Derek

I got the farewell performance :) I was only a kid in the mid sixties by the way:p still got my own teeth and can still do the splits (although a few gins needed these days pmsl)

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter from the court today:

Warrant for possession be suspended in the interim on payment of the current monthly installments plus £70 off the arrears of £15776.15 commencing 24/11/08

Adjourned to 2nd January 2009 at 15:30

Easy... lol will have payed 3 payments by then subject to finding re-financing in Dec...

We will find refinancing option, or work something else out to make it work for you.

Told you all would be good and no problems, the other sides solicitor/para legal was a bit of a plonker trying to obstruct me from being allowed in.

Will meet up tomorrow and go through things.

Derek